PCU-anti-PCU conflict and why it kills normal RP on Argent Dawn

Fear not for I have sinned too. :pray:

(gizza peek)

2 Likes

damn you guys are taking a vacation to someplace huh

no stinky nelfs pls thx

Pretty sure if you have an account with a game and mingle there from time to time, you cant be classed as a non player of that game simply because you arent as invested in it as others, you can play multiple games or have multiple accounts on things without labelling yourself, no need for anyone to be offended or hurt by it, as for poaching thats 100% not what I’m doing here…honest :slight_smile:
knowingly winks at the camera

While I love the Elder Scrolls, and I agree with this statement when it comes to the majority of ESO’s DLC, but Greymoor is definitely one of the large contenders where they retroactively (And rather fundamentally!) retconed something. I.E how Vampirism functions.

We can of course mention a bit of Orismer status quo in Wrothgar, the sudden Dunmer Great House morality shift and even the aforementioned “Why Cyrodiil no Jungle!?” gang, but alas. ESO is pretty good, I only wish it hadn’t broken my heart.

1 Like

Not that I’m too familiar with Greymoor’s story, but isn’t it something you could just boil down to something unique for this individual strain of vampirism?

As for the faction itself, yes - but not the retroactively changed Scions of Lamae Bal. They essentially waved it away as a small retcon, while also (After some vigorous complaining on the forums about it from us lorehounds) added in a tiny snippet of lore to explain why Noxiphilic Sanguivoria is functioning fundamentally opposite to all the other strains of Vampirism in the Elder Scrolls Canon.

I was perfectly OK with the lore inclusion personally, but the gameplay changes is a different story entirely. Either way, this is the WoW forums and not ESO, so I’ll keep my spiteful rants away from here.

The critically acclaimed MMORPG The Elder Scrolls Online is actually 60% off on Steam currently, so seems like a perfect opportunity for those interested to try it.

3 Likes

In eso there is many strands of vampirism and the general consensus is you can make your own stories/histories regarding bloodline/strands aslong as it aligns with the timeline with Lamae as she is the first and ofc as long your not ridiculous about it as far as abilities quirks.
edit: its generally considered that Lamae isnt the only who had a pact/situation with Bal, she is simply the first, so its the date you work around.

Damn, they worked it out. It was just I, Perroy, usurping the Ranko throne all along.

1 Like

Cyrodiil not being a jungle isn’t a problem either because of how metaphysics in ESO work in regards to divinity.

I.e. divine influence exists outside of linear time and with Tiber Septim’s ascension, he will have always been divine, and his influence on the world will have always existed. A mortal ascending to divinity retcons the timeline in-universe to having always been that way.

Remaining sources referencing Cyrodiil as a jungle are treated as translation errors for scholars in-universe to explain why some texts claim Cyrodiil was a jungle even though Cyrodiil has never been a jungle in their timeline.

2 Likes

i am aware, yes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.