PCU Discussion, Questions and Views

Its straight up the R-word that you have to deal with all this BS over an event you made that lasted what? 2-3hr?

Also what was the name of the anti mcu/nova spam addon again?

Yeah I saw /some/ of what went down in /1 when the event was receding and honestly it was like witnessing middle schoolers arguing ngl.
It’s a shame, the event looked like fun :pensive:

Addon is Badboy + CCleaner plugin, put in your desired keywords and voilĂĄ no more spam.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy

1 Like

I mean, this isn’t about who’s right or wrong is it? I’ve tried to make that clear several times now, but sure call me defensive.

i’m afraid the only answer i can offer is :pensive:

1 Like

Thanks, yeah i saw that as well + the threads on multiple platforms including these forums from the anti side.

You’re going to be sorely disappointed as Lilynore has decided to go on a one man astroturfing mission to smear the PCU as much and over as many platforms as possible, he likes to make numerous sockpuppet accounts to make it look like more than 1 person is involved.

We’re in for a fun time until he gets bored/jailed.

1 Like

You think you can cut it away Menkhu, but you can’t. The metastasis rots in server-world – it keeps growing because of you. See the ulcer? It is your doing ripper.

4 Likes

Most of those as Coalburnt mentioned a one man crusade.
Which is equally hillarious and sad, I say this as someone who couldn’t care less for the PCU/Anti-PCU argument.

You’re welcome, enjoy a useable trade chat.

The albanian chris-chan cometh.

the whole ‘lore-breaking’ thing honestly shouldn’t matter. i’d rather see some dynamic and exciting events happen instead of a bunch of boring house/‘mercenary’ guilds second lifing in Stormwind 24/7

2 Likes

Wanna join the PCU Aldru let me know

I will offer you a guest rank of honour

1 Like

It’s a good offer, but I’m afraid I will pass and just enjoy the free entertainment I get from these threads.

Blizzard routinely :poop: on their own lore, often with very little regard for continuity. So yeah, we shouldn’t feel bad for “bending” the lore in exchange for interesting rp.

7 Likes

I strongly second this because it’s the only thing keeping me out of roleplay jail.

3 Likes

True, we certainly never hear of such on the Wandering Isles. Then again we can’t really ignore the fact that in game the main decider of whether a Pandaren joins either is their philosophy, and at some point they surely become aware their counterparts have joined the other faction they’re prepared to kill.

Then again we never see Pandaren in faction stories so its entirely plausible they don’t fight each other at all and just stick to killing other races where need arises and otherwise avoid each other.

What would really help is if blizz gave us some Pandaren lore development in faction beyond applying for the job of sweeping the Embassy floor, or seeing a guard “once in a while”.

2 Likes

Quite true, but I would say not even that was done for riot event, when you look at various things out there (e.g: Defias activities before, some NPC discussions in SW, Scarlet Brotherhood pamphlets etc) so I believe most messages about lorebreaking were just adding words to spread further hate. :frowning:

1 Like

To be honest if you stick to only the canon of what is literally represented without discussion, then you pretty much kill RP dead.
Even the “lore friendly” guilds aren’t canon are they? They’re a “sister branch of the church” or “a branch of Stormwind guards headed up by a dude not mentioned anywhere by NPCs” so taking a bit of liberty is pretty much what RP is about isn’t it? Otherwise we’re just regurgitating the stories we’ve already been given but with new names.

The riot development is plausible. That’s all that matters in my opinion. If it’s plausible, it’s fair. We’ve seen in game there are ripples as to whether Anduins leadership is wholly supported. We’ve seen him stressing about having enough troops given the amount coming back in coffins. Not exactly a stretch to imagine some people arent exactly happy with his leadership and would look to start trouble by using the declaration of a ceasefire as evidence the king starts and ends wars as he fancies and not much else (even if that’s wrong).

2 Likes

The people cry out for a mage/warlock guild @perroy… The people’s cries are loud…

2 Likes

make that mage/warlock/dh tbh

They can go to hbm or dirge.

Kirin Tor :handshake: Black Harvest

Its the only way.

2 Likes