PCU, why is it so hated? Serious discussion

I’ve been in and out of PCU guilds since Wrath and like clockwork sources of controversy go like this:

• Someone is called out on ERP or similarily bizarre actions that are clearly labeled as not tolerated within the community.
  • Said person blows up in chat and refuses to apologise or say they won’t continue doing this.
  • They are kicked and later make a forum post or similar rant where they say they were in fact miserable the entire time (sometimes for years) they were part of the guild/discord and that everyone there is a big mean bastard.
1 Like

tbf, I like the PCU’s idea’s of RP. It’s just not my cup of tea, personally.
But I support them.

People who ruin other people’s RP due to being anti-PCU can stay salty.

9 Likes

Faelyda is a married woman with two children. Why are you projecting so badly? Did I say something so overly offensive about the PCU that I’m immediately written off as a ‘coomer’?

I just like the aesthetic, Night Elves dress like that frequently in the lore. If you have a problem with that, I’m sorry.

1 Like

That’s not actually a phrase. It is only used here, I know what it means, and it has various other words for it, and trust me, I would stick with ‘coomer’, I mean it is as idiotic as any other label, but it could be so, so, so much worse… Still not sure the Etymology of ‘Coomer’ works, I mean it sounds like the opposite, but such is iife…

I’d just go with what’s realistic. Warcraft is clearly designed by the rule of cool. It’s almost like Fantasy mixed in a pot with WWE wrestling.

It doesn’t mean we have to actually follow it. Like what IC reason could someone have to wear a platekini instead of actual armor.

I could answer that from a real world perspective, of the culture who did, but it still strikes me as ridiculous. In WoW, I can’t see any race going “Let us go to war in traditional garb!” Imagine D-Day, between British Soldiers with limed white hair in spikes, blue warpaint, and starkers, and Germans in Lederhosen? There is ‘Ceremonial armour’ and ‘This shiz actualy works’ armour…

I’m bullied frequently by the PCU

This is why I hate them.

Someone has to make them stop

Have you considered asking to speak to their line manager. Not Manager, as that just means that call centre operatives pass the headset to each other. -Line- Manager.

Did they take your trainers, your watch, your wallet? If so, report them, if not, then they were frickin’ amateurs…

I mean how definite do you mean by ‘Stop’? Stop a course of action? Stop the…yeah, we know, or Stop the actual heartbeats of the members, as in widespread murder. Actually, we’ve all been pretty OK with Mass murder, right? (OK, now that sounds like Idi Amin. No, I mean…We must do something for Bearan…

2 Likes

:eyes:

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say Brigante…

I just don’t understand mate… I try and read your posts and its like its written in a foreign language…

6 Likes

Sighs Stream of consciousness mate, Essentially multiple plays on the word of ‘stop’

2 Likes

((sorry didn’t know we’re ic))

5 Likes

or Stop the actual heartbeats of the members, as in widespread murder. Actually, we’ve all been pretty OK with Mass murder, right?

Er… I hope this is meant to be charmingly IC…

7 Likes

Oh my god, are you serious? Do you even hear yourself sometimes?

8 Likes

Getting upset that someone (many one’s) didn’t understand your stream of conscious is a bit :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

RRAGH
[WARSTOMP]
ENOUGH!
Look, you can’t just belittle, right, Don’t bleeping Teleport to come and …right, you know Bearan and …look, Northrend, its a continent

13 Likes

I more meant that we all play Wow, and therefore play mass murderers in a fantasy setting, is all!

Yeah, I’m not going to lie, that wasn’t clear. At all.

7 Likes

you really might wanna shake off the stream of conciousness style considering the amount of yikes-tier posts that come out of it

5 Likes