People arguing with people in!

Yeah giving devs a huge platform to communicate with potential new players and existing playerbase doesnt help them. Okay

True :+1:

But also in the spirit of the forum - proof??

1 Like

Ummā€¦ what? Disgusting, donā€™t even joke about that. Not everyone wants to be famous, ONE wrong move and everyone and their mothers know about your private life.

Depends. I watch guides how to play specific char (not only talking about WoW) but I donā€™t watch videos of someoneā€™s playing. Thatā€™s boring. Sorry mate, but most people would like to experience game themselves :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same with me, I donā€™t even have dreams of being rich or having lots of money either. A few years ago I got a big cheque in the mail(in my terms). I didnā€™t know what to do with it. I never had lots of money in my life and when I do have a small fortune like that I donā€™t know what to do with it. It brings me no satisfaction.

Money and fame doesnā€™t suit my personality or how I am as a person. I donā€™t care. Only time I care about money is when I canā€™t feed myself or my animals.

You should really read the game player count graph as to why its nothing special that currently thereā€™s a rise in players on runescapeā€¦

Its because of updates and marketing done elsewhere as they have always done, through ads, on media sites, youtube, what not.

So no, I wouldnt say Asmon brought ā€˜lifeā€™ into runescape bnecause runescape was never dead in the first place. People quit after a while they come bnack when game is getting a few big updates for what was still coming.

I am personally familiar with asmon. I find the interaction between him and his chat really funny specially when roasting transmogs or his chat roasts him. But trying to be unbiased here, people hate asmon but if wow community was a person that person would be asmon, throws his opnion ( informed or not) about the game thinks he knows better, he grew up in this enviroment and its a bit hypocrate to hate on this guy, but really he is just a guy who loves this game. He does receive very unecessary hate and many times his opinion is usually nothing beyond common sense. The fact people accuse him of being cancerous in game, really many of us would do the same just because itā€™s fun, we just dont have his influence.

2 Likes

But noone is denying that. That game has less pixels than Splinter Cell mobile game I played on my sony ericsson k750i in 2004 and people still play it. If they didnt profit from asmons stream they wouldnt agree to come on stream and talk to him. Mamma mia pizzeria!

I donā€™t hate streamers per se, but I hate a lot of WoW streamers and I have different reasons for each of them.

What I hate is, when someone makes a forum thread without content and only posts a twitch clip / youtube video. There are so many life situations in which you canā€™t watch a video - and this is a text platform.

1 Like

I Find those to be words of wisdom :blush:

The part I left out is something I donā€™t know how to comment on and I donā€™t find his comment fun, so it had to be left out :blush:

I donā€™t. But theyā€™re kind of irrelevant outside of entertainment purposes.

people are just mad. probably people who are mad that they canĀ“t play the game all day or that certain streamers make a sh!t ton of money

What, you mean that interview?

That devs regulary do during spondered streams whicch is still irrelevvant to what numbers show in correlation to what updates have brought Runescapeā€¦

Thats just PRā€¦ but its not necessairy a reason why numbers broke a record that was from april 2020ā€¦

Itss also not a garantee for success.

Your mistake is simple you make the assumption that because people dislike 1 streamer they dislike every single streamer there is.

2 Likes

Dunno, some people just canā€™t grasp that if you donā€™t like him, just donā€™t follow him. Entertainment thatā€™s based on the streamers personality appeals to some, and doesnā€™t appeal to others.

Iā€™ve not seen anyone come on here starting a thread about how they hate streamers. What I have seen happen several times is someone comes on here, posts link to a streamer video and says something like ā€œX is completely right, what do you think?ā€

And then a load of people reply saying ā€œI donā€™t care what steamers thinkā€ or ā€œPlease summarise so I donā€™t have to watch the whole videoā€ or ā€œX is just being controversial for clicks, why should we care what they sayā€. I have also seen some posters say they think super-popular streamers are bad for the community because they do stuff like encourage metas for dungeons or encourage a specific agenda because so many people allegedly blindly follow what they say / do.

2 Likes

hey donā€™t be so moody, dear bullmon
we all have a say on the matter and my perspective over it changed with time.

I like entertainment streamers like asmon, not try hard.

1 Like

I love streaming and Letā€™s Plays as a concept, I do them myself so Iā€™d be a hypocrite to hate them. But if someoneā€™s attitude is obnoxious then Iā€™m not going to want to watch anything they do, simple as that.

Sadly popularity does tend to have a correlation to being obnoxious, as what I consider obnoxious plenty of other people, especially younger audiences who donā€™t know any better, lap up. Therefore others copy them, and then the well is poisoned.

1 Like

I think its mostly because most of the streamers are controversial in way or another. So they tend to attract both fans and haters or people who disagree with. So when the a ā€œfanā€ of any streamer makes a thread with he streamerā€™s video in it.

The people who hate or disagree with the streamer see it -> The blind cultist has come to spread the streamerā€™s ā€œreligionā€ and get some extra free views on YouTube for his master. And thus the not so pleasant welcome for themā€¦

thank you so much for you kind words.