People arguing with people in!

I can say that in regards of Noobcrawler hands down. I dont envy the man. I however utterly detest him.

The bigger something is, the more amplified a reaction it creates.

Be it religion, a person, a personality, or even an astronomical object.

You could look at it like this, he has 40k live viewers and probably multiples of that number in fans, but that just means more coverage for him and more haters.

Plus, one of the replies in that topic pretty much summed it up, some people like to " go against the flow " or hate on popular stuff to feel special, others like to flaunt stuff like " I don’t care " or give statements about how much they don’t care, even though the clearly do care since they bothered showing it.

Also, it doesn’t help that sometimes bad media can earn someone a bad reputation, especially with people that are unfamiliar with them.

For example, I know asmongold from friends that watch him, tmog competition ( which is pretty cool to watch ), youtube funny clips that include him and some of his " serious talk " videos, this gives him some pretty cool reputation with me.

While others, see him as an internet bully, saying he bullies others and is pretty toxic, in that context the media that I got about him, was vastly different than the media they got about him, which helped formulate two entirely different opinions on him.

3 Likes

Pewdiepie would come to mind here. Like that whole n-word and jew drama that was completely blown out of proportion or ripped out of context (the later anyway)

2 Likes

The lady doth protest too much…
:wink:

According to who? You?

He’s always been vocal about WoW, just like a ton of anonymous players are on the forums.

Sure, they make videos on youtube in hopes that nobody watches them :man_facepalming:

There’s nothing wrong with streamers, it’s just their viewers make them seem like some staple for how the game should be played.

Not to mention all the drama and attention seeking on their streams sometimes.

No, I rather play my game and completely ignore what X or Y streamer does or says.

I personally don’t have an issue with content creators, but I do find their fanbase incredibly irksome to deal with.

Multiple times on this board I’ve had an argument with somebody about some aspect of the game and instead of commenting on the points I’m making, they just link me a damn video.

“X part of the game is bad, here’s a video of Asmongold saying it’s bad whilst breathing through his mouth”.

That does not make for an entertaining discussion for me.

3 Likes

they’re all scum

no better than beggars outside the train station

“content creators”

nah mate, you sit in yer house talking rubbish begging for money

a pox on them

1 Like

Generalizations… mehh.

Hate is a strong word and making generalizations doesn’t contribute to anything in this case so I’ll speak for myself, personally I dislike some streamers but on the other hand there are some great streamers out there that I really like that put content that I can relate to.

Yeah and that i hate about this with a passion about our modern generation dude. People just care WAYYYYY too much about the most ridicolous things imaginable. It was soooo much better back in the very early 2000s.

Yeah, when a streamer becomes big. A COLOSSAL amount of sheeps comes with them, those sheeps then overtime turn into the biggests pests when it comes to how much they can do with their Freedom.

1 Like

It also comes down to terrible moderation. And the biggests community streamers always are total crap at it on the long term.

This is the exact problem that causes it goes like this with Streamers community. If there was less toleration for saying the same thing every 1 second, so the chat becomes unreadable and goes 150000 miles every second. Then people wouldn’t be so sick of their communites so much.

1 Like

Kind of everybody, if you check the fact that his viewers where not even the 1/10 they are right now before he started bashing the game.

They just stoped BFA at a point because of azerite farm yada yadya YA.
While they where money dry a while after and returned to the game.

I don’t hate streamers, I do hate the whole steaming phenomenon though. The popular streamers have thousands of dudes that are in love with them and keep showering them with donations with pathetic messages.

The streamers themselves I usually don’t mind, they obviously play into these simps so they get more money, which is smart. But in the end streamers are a mix between a prostitute, street performer and a beggar.

Anyone who can get 40k viewers by his own is talented in that aspect (streaming) at least.

People who say Asmongold is talentless are talking about his streamings. (Dont think anyone means Asmongold is talentless in cooking when they say that)

He can be stupid for you, he can be boring or whatever you want, but absolutely not talentless.

Because like i said in the last post, It’s a proven fact that if you belittle a streamer and consider them stupid or talentless, you gain +10 lvls in all attributes and also immediately prove that you’re superior to that streamer and everyone who watches them.

1 Like

Hate implies we care in the first place. It’s just a regular person made popular by streaming, which I have never understood. Why watch someone play a game… when you could just play the game? Why listen to some random person’s opinions as gospel? Form your own, discuss on forums.

I mean there’s nice ones like Desm because he makes money for charity and raises autism awareness etc. I follow him on Twitter cos he seems a nice fellow but I’d still never watch a stream.

2 Likes

Multiple reasons actually.

1-They’re better than you and you like to learn.
2- They’re funny. So it’s entertainment.
3- They talk about the things you agree with, so you want to watch.
4- You want to learn more about a game you never played.
5- You can’t afford the game so you watch them instead.
6- You don’t have access to playing right now, but you can watch them.
7- you’re tired of playing, because you’re stuck at something or just don’t feel like it right now, so you watch them.
8- you like them.

You need more reasons to understand? The thing you’re not understanding is the equivalent of saying why people watch sports when they can just do sports themselves?

1 Like

Do you watch the olimpics or any tv show though?

I assure you it sure as hell aint a streamer that influenced me to come back to wow.

I assure you I only leveled a character to lvl 10 on classic to be dissapointed that nothing graphically had been updated compared to the 2004 release. I expected at least graphical updates.

I assure you, that if you checked, the majority of people that came back just ya know, follow game news in general?

He’s always been vocal about WoW, just like a ton of anonymous players are on the forums.

The difference here is he has a huge follower cult. Forum posters just speak for themselfs most of the time…

Again, Asmon supports stuff like Witch Hunting… how can you even condone this because all this is harassment? He also is the player that needs 1000 body guards because “waaaaaaaaaa stream snipers”

He also impacts game in general because wherever he goes those 1000 body guards of his will be where he goes,…

Anyone who can get 40k viewers by his own is talented in that aspect (streaming) at least.

You keep on saying this, and I will keep on saying this. Just because someone has a network of friends and he became the biggest of that network due to his drama, doesnt make him talentfull. He has no charisma. He has a boring ‘rp’ character when it comes to streaming, and his buddys always balance him out on stream. His chat is like Forsens, absolutely horrible… It just litterally shows what kind of personallity he is. He encourages to harass everyone whom uses anything he doenst like… as shown in multiple videos…

He did not get this 40k viewers by his own…

I said that before and you ignore that.

3 Likes