People quitting?

/w me in-game, I’ll give you 300g for repairs, that should be more than enough for a lvl 53

5 Likes

Sorry but I entirely disagree. Even popular expansions like Wotlk was the same - if not worse. What content was there really?

You logged on, you leveled to max, you farmed dungeons, then went into raid, capped your frozen badges then logged. lol

Now at least there’s stuff like transmogs, mount farming (plus on alts because account wide) reputation farming, achievement farming etc etc.

Saying there was more content back in previous expansion is simply not true.

5 Likes

I definitely feel you about the alts. I really wanted to invest time getting my alts up and test out the different specs etc, but I quickly realized that there is too many things to do before they will be able to do the actual content my main is doing. Quite a shame really, as it really disheartened me from playing my alts.

Hmm we keep saying “alts”… but I think in reality we kinda wish to be able to play any of them to test the grounds and see which one fits us best, but it’s really hard to do since we already committed to one character now. I strongly believe account-wide progress is heavily needed… now more than ever (reputation and such). Then we will feel as if we are progressing something regardless of what we are playing. As much as I respect the old ways, I’ve been there and done that 15 years ago and forward… but I think it’s about time for a change.

16 Likes

w00t?
Being a tank is the fun part in M+, cus you can set the pace and you need to know the tactics…
Being Tank M+ was the only thing that kept me playing, but getting all +15 timed and the achivment was too easy even tho I only played solo pugs with no team at all…

Well I agree with this, however, there is no point in having ‘content’ for the sake of content. If its not fun or engaging, then it is failing the only metrics that really matter. SL has content, its just tedious to do though, I mean each time I think about levelling a new toon I actually have to take two or three breaks in the Maw intro it is that boring.

5 Likes

It’s already close to 2 months, and apart from raids, capping conquest and doing a m+14 there’s little to do if you’re not into alts.

1 Like

It’s not so much about quantity of content but quality of content. I obviously can’t answer for everyone about subjective matters surrounding worthwhile content in Wrath. I only know I was kept rather busy running dungeons and doing dailies, along with alt levelling and raiding.

In WoW now I feel like I go 2 steps and then hit a time gate. Everything is so time gate. That wears me out more than grinding for something like I did in Wrath. Be it badges or some dungeons for a new item or just an alt. Time gating for me is the bane of my existence, I rather take a soft sort of time gating, than the full stop we have now. I.e have to grind X amount of obscure item for the next part.

11 Likes

I’m going to say it because I know I’m going to get retaliated or entirely “ignored” for some backwatered reason.

Demotivation.

Without loot or extra loot, more and more people will be demotviated to do the raid or dungeon and before people come with that bs (Classic) logic “But you should be striving for FUN-…”, I’m going to politely tell you to please, shut up as I’m tired of that same, same excuse that everyone (That are an elitist) use on a regular basis. WE both know that fun is subjective, not EVERYONE wants to spend 2, 3 or 4 hours of their lives do several hard dungeons only to recieve a “meaningful” (MEANINGLESS*) loot of 35 anima or 50 gold… It takes 100+ gold to fix my gear, 50 is NOTHING and I get 300+ anima from WQ’s… 35 is NOTHING!

So, I’m going to make it simple. Those who bring up “Classic” up as an excuse, please, return to that, this whole “issue” is for Retail players. Not Classic. If you’re going to do free advertisment for Classic, you already missed me three times as I’ve already played since TBC and did as much grinding as possible, no, I do not want to relive that.

Heres a good example of how “Meaningful” gear is now to the more “Pro’s”.

“Oooh, I did it! I managed my 10 Plaguefall and it has given me the weapon I’ve been hunting down for, let’s see what my Vault has to give me-… Throws away mythic 10 weapon to get the Vault Weapon Yep, all that work… To just WAIT for wednesday… VERY meaningful.”

Now, go on, tell me how I’m wrong and that I should go to Classic and “enjoy” a relic of the past and see how “superior” the gameplay is and how I should worship Classics “just” system and belittle ANYONE who plays Retail becuase they don’t know what “true” WoW is. :stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

Yes I do have to agree the Vault can be and should be improved. I wish to see a Wishlist added to it, like you tick in a box what preferred loot you’d want from it. That way you can do high-end content and you sort of have control of what gear you want to focus on. Or they could go back with the Valor point system (seems to be a popular demand now).

hahaha true, i got most my loot from keystones, the loot i got from cn was just awfull, its like they do not even want me to play this game, whoever thought this was a good idea should probably play this game more often.

1 Like

balance classes arround 1 v1 and pvp will be better

Mein fellow paladin!! 300 gold izt not enough!

1 Like

Was extremely hyped for Shadowlands and super let down by the content. I also figured that Shadowlands by itself is no longer Warcraft for me, it doesnt feel right.

But the amount of content is so scarce that i lost all interest. M+ is just raider.io craft, raiding no rewards but the bosses are fine. PvP? Good item system, bad balancing, but wouldnt mind as much if the rest of the expansionw as good.

Theres just nothing really to do, 4 small main zones that arent even connected. Unending flight paths, and walking endlessly in the maw. BFA definitely had its flaws, but atleast the world felt authentic and warcraft like. I loved the horde zones. Loot, while TF was over the top, still felt miles better than SL.
If you wanted to equip a twink it wasnt such hassle. Also Islands, Warfronts where still 10x better than torghast … sry. And Mage Tower + Suramar was 10x better than Islands and Warfronts. So go figure.

I regret buying a 6 month sub, so ill be here till june. But practically stopped going online 2-3 weeks ago. How can you go from 12x class halls + campaigns to 4x covenants with so little other content in the game? Will most likely be the worst expansion so far, and i played all except vanilla.

Also what happened to professions? What a MISS by blizzard. They could basically not exist anymore at this point.

30 Likes

It’s happening in my small guild, I don’t think it will survive to patch 9.1 Lol.

5 Likes

I left BFA for few months and came back to try out shadowlands.

got 8days game time and i think ill take another break from the game once again. it´s nothing personal, Kid (han solo voice) some people just get bored when it comes to games like this. the only way to keep a person in the game is the community.

3 Likes

I’ve already lasted longer than I did in BFA. I dropped that pretty damn fast, and I’m glad I did.

I’m not putting to much effort into this just yet though… I’m not sure I like where it’s going

1 Like

My realm went from being medium pop in November to small 6 weeks after sl launched. The open world seems empty and some friends no longer play, so yes in my experience a lot of people have stopped playing recently. I bought eso for 5gpb in the sales and also grabbed ff14 and gw2 which is where I am playing at the moment, although will still pop into wow until my sub ends in Feb. Will probably come back a few months before 10.0

6 Likes

All the current issues also distract from the obvi coming lore of Sylvanas undeserved redemption arc in which she is forgiven, becomes the new Jailer and frees all of the dead elf souls. ZZZ.

1 Like