People will go to FFXIV now for sure!

You do know that every expansion introduces a new set of Allagan Tomestones, right?

So his/her/its point is still valid regardless of the name of the current tomestone naming convention.

If you are an experienced FFXIV player you could agree that by the time the relic weapon reached the same itemlevel of the highest raid tier, the average raider has already acquired BiS gear but apparently you aren’t that much experienced.

Bringing up random arguments that weren’t relevant at the time the content got implemented in a discussion that is about Battle for Azeroth and Shadowbringers is just ridiculous.

Hey, it is not a proper pronounce for a human(even if some humans deserve it).

Wish they would all hurry up and go TBH. And complain like mofos on their forums.

1 Like

That was a side discussion. Poetics are used for old expansion content, end of.

What’s my experience got to do with it. I assume you think yourself an ‘experienced’ player since you have that pseudo-arrogance that would put even WoW mythic raiders to shame.

If you read what I wrote I never commented on higher tier gear so your arguing and labelling for absolutely no reason.

I see you dont know what the word random means. Quite a problem these days.

Have you played FFXIV, it’s a game built on long grinds.

1 Like

Indeed, you can count on your gear to come 18 weeks after the raid launches in FFXIV.

Because what you do is save up books until those one or two missing items drop. Yes, I had to wait 18 weeks, killed the first boss every week with 2 chests and never received my item. I had to buy all of em by myself. That is 4 months with the RNG fail safe. If it happens once its fine, but the tier before that I had to wait 13 weeks.

You essentially do content in FFXIV and you are either geared immediately if you are lucky or it takes months.

And well, 4 bosses… If I go BoD I’m at least sure I get an item, or someone of my raid will be able to trade me an item. RNG is way better on WoW, I rather see an item once every two weeks then 4 months without. Because that’s the reality of FFXIV.

Unless OP is posting on an alt., they seem to have stirred up a s**tstorm & headed for the hills… I call that a ‘disillusioned with WoW’ Troll.

My advice to OP would be to stop being a masochist & posting on forums of a game you no longer love.

I logged into the latest ff14 expac to see this… what an amazing cinematic!

You should see the end of the last teaser trailer.

Final Fantasy XIV is not a good game. It’s the definition of “ok, you can copy my homework. just change it a bit.”

The story is really boring “chosen one” through the vanilla experience, which by the way, they force you through with a raid finder-esque series of group finder experiences, that are all mandatory.

PvP is even more of a joke than it’s ever been in WoW. I don’t think you can find anyone committed to it in FF and for good reasons too.

GCD at 2.5 to compensate for the console players is awful. On paper it sounds like a minuscule difference, but trust me it’s instantly noticeable The off-gcd abilities feel like patting and generally speaking, the class (job) design is terrible and even more dumbed down than modern WoW. By a lot too.

Graphically, FF14 is void of identity unlike WoW and can easily be compared to GW2, Lineage or any korean mmo. It all kind of bleeds together when it’s this generic.

Zero incentive to team up and socialize as a byproduct of said teamwork. Just like wow, not worse, but definitely not better either.

The lore is weak and there’s basically no correlation between races and classes like wow. I can think of maybe one exception (the warrior class) but that’s it.
Result is that there’s less of an identity to the classes. Same with races. They have a flavor text, but there’s actually zero cohesion between the world and its races. They are just kind of there.

Oh and if you thought the hero class requirements are bad for wow, wait until you try this mmo. The insane amount of grinding you have to undergo to play the newer classes is honestly insulting. Imagine WoW’s allied race + heritage armor grind combined and you have something that is somewhat close to representing it.

All in all, a mediocre wow clone with a famous franchise tag slapped on it for good measure. Highly discourage disenfranchised wow players to waste their money on this discount mmo.

I still don’t understand why compare the games. :man_shrugging:
Each game has its own flavor that might or might not appeal to others.
WoW is the number 1 for me and will always be a number 1 game; I play FF14 for story and to see new content, I play GW2 for the same reason.
All 3 games give me joy, it’s just a matter of mood and what I feel like playing.

Say I complete my daily stuff in WoW and don’t feel like doing anything else, so I hop into FF14 to do some new bits of story; same as with GW2.

That said, WoW is always going to be my ‘main’ game because I feel nothing can compete with it when it comes to style, music, atmosphere and overall the entire gameplay.

My biggest issue with FF14 is misplaced music, music that is on constant loop too and it makes me go crazy when questing in zones! That’s about the only thing I can criticize in FF14 XD … but then again so many people praise it for music?
Different flavors again, but we all know that people will always keep coming back to WoW :wink:

Just a little correction here. GW2 is made by ArenaNet, which is actually an American company which made the GW1 franchise and GW2.
They are ‘owned’ by NCSoft however, but that does not make the game Asian MMO.
GW2 is very much a Western MMORPG, the graphics are realistic but also dreamy and very far from the usual Asian MMOs.

Final Fantasy & WoW are both fantasy (sic) MMO’s & that’s where the similarity ends… the fantasy ‘arena’ they are set is is NOT the same & those discussions are - at least to me - pointless; esp. if the newest of FF episodes still use T(urn) B(ased) C(ombat), like FFVII & VIII did.

If you’re “looking for a game like WoW”… play WoW - simple as.

didn’t say it was korean.

I must’ve interpreted the sentence differently, I stand corrected though :slight_smile:

Lets see how it will be tommorow for them.This whole praise and glory for ff.

It really is not for my taste.
Very asian style, very anime “feeling”.

But taste is what it is, subjective.

edit:typo

1 Like

haha and wow has what? furry wolfs lol hypocrite

1 Like

Atleast they don’t look as stupid as the cat ears. Atleast their lore is good too.
Go back to your henta! game.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.