People will go to FFXIV now for sure!

People will go to FFXIV new exp now, thats 100% . Blizzard made a video about how big this patch is and how cool it was. What we got feels like a 1h patch.

Should this keep people for leaving the game and trying out FFXIV?

And keep in mind fFXIV is going ALL out on promotions and so on.

7 Likes

FFXIV is not that good.

5 Likes

I like it.

Its better then this mini patch

4 Likes

Much hate, such salt

How many posts do you plan to make before you’re satisfied ?

3 Likes

My ii ask, if you think 8.2 is so fun.

What have you been doing ingame for the past many hours ?

FFXIV is not that good tbh.

It’s infested with weebs too big nono.

3 Likes

Reading these 2 sentences makes me pretty sure you didn’t even try the game.

5 Likes

Played with a Ninja level 60, enjoyed it for i’d say 2 hours before being annoyed.

I found the game really easy, empty beyond the cities, and infested with weebs.

1 Like

BUT MAAH FF14 M8 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

FFXIV is probably one of the worst MMO experiences i ever had, and im a huge Final Fantasy fan.

3 Likes

Yea so you didn’t play the game at all.

If you survive the slog that is ARR, it is one of the best.

1 Like

As i said, did for 2 days was annoying left.

How does anyone survive that? There’s hundreds upon hundreds of boring quests that you’re pretty much forced to do, i’d be surprised if 20% of the players that start that game actually get to the current content. I was subbed when stormblood released.
Like really, when someone says WoW leveling is tedious i wish they tried FFXIV.

And that is exactly the problem I have with it. Mind you I was even playing the beta of the abomination that it was before, and while ARR is better… its still bad.

I’ll be honest I don’t know. But I see a lot of sproutlings (so it is new players) that did it. I did it with ARR so it was not as bothersome. the level 50-70 are nice because the dungeons are engaging and the story is amazing.

I understand. It’s always what I tell people : You must really be willing to commit, or buy a jump book.

1 Like

FFXIV is trash lol, WoW might not be great right, but it’s still the best mmo out there.

1 Like

Well, the overall plot made more sense than WoW does, especially current faction war. But the amount of forced meaningless fetch quests was overwhelming and getting through 2.0 to 2.5 (I think?) was horrendous. Nearly zero rewards, zero experience (was fixed later… I think) and being unable to get into next expansion without doing every single thing in ARR. And all that after you watch this huge “ending” cinematic… and go back to fetch quests. Kills the mood like nothing else.

I know it killed my desire to play anything further than that - I might get back at some point, but damn was it bad. It’d be like being forced to do a Loremaster for every expansion before you’re finally allowed into current WoW content.

As for the thread itself - if someone was expecting 8.2 to be the thing that turned them away from FF14 expansion… they were probably going to play the latter anyway. Their opinion is unlikely to change and that’s hardly a problem. You have your fun, I’ll have mine.

Destiny 2 - made by Bungie who has recently split from Activision - is going out on promotions as well. Now’s the time to join! You already perhaps got the vanilla content for free in your battle net launcher, so feel free to try it out!

That game’s raids have changed my life! I’m never coming back.

Hate how easy and theme park-y WoW became?

Hate how people complained that the Jumpin Jellies are too hard when you know the quest to be a joke?

Hate that WoW’s audience is basically soccer moms?

I do too, and I tried Destiny and one month later 2 other friends dropped WoW to join me. It’s insanely good.

You got raids with actual mechanics and only 1 difficulty so you know it’s prestigious to even complete the raid. Achievements that mean something. All titles are super hard to get. There’s no gear trading or purchasing so everything you wear you earned.

I cannot express just how << crutch >> WoW feels compared to other games out there. It’s been an eye-opening experience for me.

Oh dear, praising live services aka hollowed out MMO’s… Yeah, I’d even play FF ARR before I go into that console junk. :>