People will go to FFXIV now for sure!

Anyone who praises ff14 losses all credit in my book…good luck with Shadowbrokers.

1 Like

That was one of my favourite classes. Mudras are still a bit buggy if you’re too fast but much better than they were at their launch.

Not necessarily. I’ve some very old low level alts and they have it.

I haven’t had chance yet to log in and try 8.2; but I can tell you before I do that I won’t be playing FF…anything. Take your “The Sun” headlines elsewhere :+1:

1 Like

I have played FFXIV and I have a level 45 (or something) character. I don’t hate the game but it is not WoW. With the new patch, I don’t like WoW either, I guess I am just a bit frustrated about the patch, but I will give Classic a try.

I also have a high level character in ESO and GW2 too, I don’t hate them either but… I don’t know. They just does not give the same spark what WoW used to give to me

Then you haven’t tried it enough. You need to be level 50 to get most of the good stuff.

Yes I know what you mean I played alot of MMOs too like:

• Guild wars 2
  • Aion
  • Tera online
  • blade and soul
  • Star wars of the old republic online

But none of them give me the same happiness and pride as wow does it just doesant have that nostalgia and fun cause since 12 years old I’m into wow and the lore, surrounding it.I don’t know it’s just Asian MMOs don’t appeal to me.

2 Likes

So you played it for a couple of days. Can you honestly tell me that you’d like WoW if you never played it and just tried it for 2 days?

Forgive my ignorance of the millennial vernacular, but what are weebs?

2 Likes

It’s not that good is just an understatement.

It’s far better and rewarding than this RNG-grindfest-chore-simulator game.

There’s a fair amount of grind to FF14 so let’s dont venture into the land of pork pies.

The big difference is that it’s not RNG grind. You get your poetics and buy gear with them.

We can have a friendly debate on grind if you like but let me get this straight:

I’d rather have a grind which I can somewhat calculate in FFXIV rather than the current RNG over RNG over RNG grindfest WoW offers. Grinds are common in MMO’s but WoW took it to the next level to engage people but that doesn’t work that well.

If I do a savage raid in FFXIV and not get an item that’s not a big deal cause at least I will receive a token so even if I have a string of bad luck I still can get closer to BiS over the course of time.

Well, even doing Ultimate rewards me with proper reward that is 100% guaranteed to honor the effort players have to put in to get past this difficulty.

WoW doesn’t offer this. And no: Titan Residuum is not even close to the reward system FFXIV offers like Allagan Tomestones or similar.

Time is precious and I personally believe that having fun and receiving rewards for spending my time in an adequate way is something Blizzard really needs to look at it. If you love having RNG over RNG over RNG - that’s your cup of tea; not mine.

“Fun” shouldn’t be tied to MAU numbers.

Poetics are the previous expansions currency. If you’re light farming then there’s still RNG and back when that was relevant it was much more RNG for the light levels.

Light farming was a huge grind in Stormblood and I can agree on this cause I did that light farm myself BUT the weapon was for the majority of raiders, including me, not a huge upgrade and more a cosmetic item to hunt down.

Yes, and we buy 340 ilvl gear with them tomorrow. For end game content we get other type of currencies, so your point is moot. Even crafting your gear is a good way to progress.

1 Like

Crafting is a topic I haven’t even touched. Thanks for bringing this up.

Being a crafter in FFXIV is on total different level than WoW. You can even consider it another type of endgame and it offers an additional source of income and people can jump into raiding much easier by buying crafted gear.

Sure, if you buy crafted gear on day 1 the prices will be high due the high demand and low supply but the prices are more reasonable over the course of time.

What you will most likely talking about is the relic light grind from Heavensward and to be candid: When the relic got introduced it wasn’t relevant from a raiders perspective.

The only benefit from doing the relic back then was that you could choose your own stats but was it mandatory? Hell no!

Bringing up the light grind of an old expansion is so irrelevant in the current discussion and just shows your lack of knowledge in terms of FFXIV.

Great arguments from a person who never played the game. Thumbs up.

I played FFXIV on launch, i had tons of fun, did all raids and got decent gear on my lancer including relic weapon, tho i did not play any expansions so i could not say how the game is now.
If you can get over slow poking combat (well you need to get used to it) FFXIV is really good mmo.

The person brought up poetics, the old expansion currency. I can throw that accusation back at you and it’ll crit for mega damage.

And ARR also had the light grind and it’s called ‘light’ grind because that’s the name for the first grind back then.