Pet Delights, positivity thread #2

Oh yeah? how you finding it?

Did you bought a pre-made or custom build?

Custom build, from the ground up. I opted out of everything I could find but still. Does anyone actually use skype nowadays?

You’d be suprised, i was when i found out people still did.

I still use skype, I have a couple of friends I chat to on it.

I… can’t stop playing it. It’s been nearly three days straight with little sleep. I can’t sleep cause I can’t stop thinking about playing it.

Help.

All in all it’s really fun. I love the races and customization. The game play. The zones. It’s all nice.

Nice!

What class did you start as?

I’m probably going to go back to it when the next expansion releases, I’ve wanted Viera since I started playing in ARR.

Use discord if you and your friends at all can. I used to use skype, but discord is so much faster and less of a memory hog it beggars belief.

I mean, I do?

But the friends don’t and won’t swap.

I’m a lancer since… well, I’m not good with ranged at all. Since my gaming career started I’ve always sucked at ranged haha. I plan to also level that axe wielding class on my dragonguy alt. My main is a catboy thingy. I am no good with names so I just call them… dragonguy race and catboy race.

I shall google what a Viera is.

Ah, my main started out as a black mage, but I quickly swapped to summoner, and went red mage once I got it. I like to keep summoner leveled though.

Au Ra!

I’m not fond of warrior (marauder) TBF. I much prefer dark knight.

paladin’s nice now, it’s grown on me, I used to hate it back in ARR.

Manthra-- No, no it’s a miqo’te.

I used to call my male cat boy a manthra (its actually Mithra, but back in 11 there were only lady mithra)

EDIT: Viera are bunny people, they originally came in FF12 and I have loved them ever since. Or maybe I just like Fran, I think it maybe Fran (and Balthier, their chemistry was amazing and I still think they should’ve been the main characters)

1 Like

Ahh yes, bunny people!

… No, I’m clueless on FF lore haha. I just recall them from seeing the race mentioned around the forums before. They’re kinda cute.

I’m also in love with one NPC already. The cool lion looking woman of command in one area. M… … MERLWYB!

Ah, she’s a fem Roe (Roegadyn) and yes, she is amazing.

1 Like

Ryzen is good and a slightly cheaper alternative to Intel but games like WoW still heavily favour the latter. I also built a new PC this year and I went with a 9th gen Intel for that reason.

My pet delight for today is going to be “For Honor” despite how bad I am at it, the controls are fluid with a controller and my god I love the Warden, especially how he parries.

1 Like

You will get good at it.

2 Likes

Found a dolled up version of an old 90’s classic on Steam, seeming to run better than the previous steam release.

A happy personal story that happened today in WoW:

Joined a Heroic Uldir run today to get my shoulders transmog, they only drop on Mythrax so I made sure to get a coin as well if they didnt drop as the boss’ loot. But as such groups dont pop up as much as they used I joined a fresh group with some fun folk, among them this warrior that was called Boi-something. Cool guy and had the pleasure of co-tanking together with him, even though we were all so overtuned for the fights. Boitank came from Defias Brotherhood, so who knows maybe even a fellow RPer.

The run went smoothly with no wipes and we even killed Zul with ease, which was my first time on heroic! I got a few butterflies in my stomach as the center opened to Mythrax’s room, so I mentioned to the raid that I would love to get the shoulders if any othet plate-users gets the drop. And to my surprise, the Boitank was looking for the shoulders as well!

So it seemed that my chances were smaller than expected for the shoulders, but I didnt want to be rude so I wished him good luck and hoped that we both got the drop. We took Mythrax down like some easy worldboss and I hastily right clicked on his corpse, if you didnt notice already on my profilepic they did indeed drop!

I was excited, I could make my grey coloured armor set complete. But I saw that Boitank didnt get his, which made me feel for the guy as he probably wanted it as much as I did… thats when I noticed I still had my coin. I flipped it that sucker right there and then, knowing the odds were so low that I didnt really believe it could happen. But oh my dear reader I did see the lootsack icon appear and you bet your bums the shoulder dropped for me again! I ran towards my short-timed warrior companion, opened up the trade window and gave him the regular heroic shoulders as I kept the coined ones.

We cheered, we mogged and we celebrated through whispers. Im happy that I got my new tmog done, but to be able to help a fellow mogger just made it special. :innocent:

11 Likes

That one time RNG isn’t literal rump tumours.

But there will be blood, sweat and tears on the way.

For those not already in it, allow me to advertise the AD FH discord: https://discord.gg/4s4AuU