Pet Peeve #37: With a License to Peeve

The only thing about the movie that is off-putting for me is one line in the trailer, "There's magic that brought us together and that magic is called hope." The line sounds so cheesy.

Now what I would like to see is a Pokemon period movie where it is in feudal Japan and Empoleon is around with his Samurotts and the disgruntled Greninja's have to rise up against the oppressive Empoleon. It would be terrible but it should give a good laugh.
Oh, and the choice for Ryan Retnolds is apt, I have seen people not liking it because its such a deep voice attached to a Pikachu. Remember, folks, this is roughly based on the ‘Detective Pikachu’ game, in this game, he had the gravely voice of a Film Noir detective.
1 Like
What's next? Surgeon Onyx?
I am totally gonna load up on cocktails and then watch Detective Pikachu with genuine joy.
14/11/2018 09:31Posted by Xiansin
Oh, and the choice for Ryan Retnolds is apt, I have seen people not liking it because its such a deep voice attached to a Pikachu. Remember, folks, this is roughly based on the ‘Detective Pikachu’ game, in this game, he had the gravely voice of a Film Noir detective.

Didn't knew that. I was a bit weirded out by that voice, I thank you for the explanation.
It was weird in the game too, but it does make having Deadpool voice Pikachu make a tad more sense.
I'm going to 100% see the detective pikachu. Hopefully with mom, since she sat through all the other pokemon movies I went to see when I was a kid (The one with Mewtwo, and the one with Lugia). Both of us have some very warm memories of the times, as Pokemon just arrived when I was 6 years old and at the pre-school.

It'll be a nice throwback to the good old early 2000's/late 90's, my childhood.

Kssscccth

*sip*

Ahhh...Those were the times.
I'm hyped for Detective Pikachu tbh. I'm still not sold on Deadpoolkachu yet but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Also, as someone said on twitter, I look forward to him making fun of himself for doing so in Deadpool 3.

14/11/2018 10:14Posted by Watrus
I am totally gonna load up on cocktails and then watch Detective Pikachu with genuine joy.

Powerful. I may do something similar.
Few minor peeves:

First one being that my cat trolls me ( no doubt this is recognisable for many cat-owners) in that when I clean her litterbox, a few minutes after I've done so she already crawls onto it again. I can just imagine her standing there, thinking ' Hmm, I see my human has just cleaned my litterbox. It would be a shame if someone.... immedeatly dirtied it again."

Then the other minor peeve: Feeling old ( im only 25) already cause I don't know all of the internetstuff going on these days. I had to ask someone to explain what dabbing was, and I still dont know what 'based' 'redpilled' and 'bluepilled' mean... like what is this, some bad the Matrix-meme?
It's likely because she doesn't like to walk in dirty litter anymore than you do. :D Think more "ah yes, it's clean, I can finally go to the bathroom!"
14/11/2018 17:14Posted by Narmë
It's likely because she doesn't like to walk in dirty litter anymore than you do. :D Think more "ah yes, it's clean, I can finally go to the bathroom!"

That is also true, and as said, its only a minor peeve. I've been getting for almost 18 years and counting of friendship from her, so cleaning her box is the least I can do.
Speaking of cats and litter, mine's gone in the box before I've put litter in it. He was desperate to pee.
14/11/2018 14:31Posted by Atahalni
I'm going to 100% see the detective pikachu.

Yep. Me too. Also I am pretty sure that most people who are going to watch this movie will be around 20-25 years old.

And I actually really like the "realistic" style of the Pokémon. They don't look like monsters (as some artist depicted them) instead many of them are still cute and fluffy. And obviously Charizard has to look vicious. He's a dragon (not :( ) and he's in some kind of cage fight so that's fitting.

Peeve: I'm still lacking motivation to level my characters.
My peeve:

That people think that any other artifact appearance other than the base one (maybe, just maybe balance of power too) is canon. We had the cinematic with magni where all the weapons class hall champs held were base forms. They weren't the upgraded balance of power or PvP or MT versions. They were base.

Meditate on this.
1 Like
14/11/2018 19:43Posted by Eridu
My peeve:

That people think that any other artifact appearance other than the base one (maybe, just maybe balance of power too) is canon. We had the cinematic with magni where all the weapons class hall champs held were base forms. They weren't the upgraded balance of power or PvP or MT versions. They were base.

Meditate on this.

Yeah the cinematic is canon.

https://twitter.com/Ellythas/status/1011929375313408000

Got both Terran Gregory and Jeremy Feasel's endorsement btw.

Arthas=Canon Deathlord.
What's a thot, and why are people saying it in RP? It is like other asinine terms, like "smol"?
14/11/2018 21:45Posted by Distantpeak
What's a thot, and why are people saying it in RP? It is like other asinine terms, like "smol"?

Yes. It's a term that doesn't exist outside of internet culture.
1 Like
People pretending like they don't know the meanings of commonly used modern slang words and phrases like 'thot' and 'red-pilled' because they're attempting to conjure up a facade to distance themselves away from those "lowly droll commonfolk."
14/11/2018 21:49Posted by Hobbs
'red-pilled'

To be fair that term is kind of contentious in my experience ever since the manosphere adopted it...
1 Like
14/11/2018 21:49Posted by Hobbs
commonly used modern slang words and phrases like 'thot

I tried to avoid becoming a member of the meme brigade, so don't have words such as those among my vocabulary,