Pet Peeve #37: With a License to Peeve

The soy meme came from a misinterpretation of hormones from a silly bodybuilding blog, latched onto by the manosphere cult desperate to prove its masculinity as something inherent yet constantly something so distant as to strive for every day lest you become a feminine noodle.
15/11/2018 09:40Posted by Levey
The soy meme came from a misinterpretation of hormones from a silly bodybuilding blog, latched onto by the manosphere cult desperate to prove its masculinity as something inherent yet constantly something so distant as to strive for every day lest you become a feminine noodle.

Why are you using the term 'manosphere' to describe bad behaviour that a small minority displays? It's not like you describe bad behaviour that a small minority of immigrants display as an 'immigrantosphere', right?
15/11/2018 09:40Posted by Levey

Sorry there's too many big words in there
R u a grill, Levey?

U one of them Womenospheres?

(Also, thanks to Fairy Tail, I keep reading your name as Levy)

15/11/2018 09:39Posted by Elenthas
Yeah, it's short for thottbot, right? 'Thott' means someone who's old/obsolete/not with the times, OLD MAN.

Also they have a terrible comment structure and section.
'

Y.... Yeah! Uuuh, definetly.

I didn't even know THottbot still existed, I go to wowhead for EVERYTHING.
15/11/2018 09:53Posted by Mithralles
I didn't even know THottbot still existed, I go to wowhead for EVERYTHING.

It merged with wowhead a while back so far as I know. I think I saw that wowhead are resurrecting old thottbot comments (that they still have) for their Classic WoW site.
15/11/2018 09:41Posted by Hobbs
Why are you using the term 'manosphere' to describe bad behaviour that a small minority displays? It's not like you describe bad behaviour that a small minority of immigrants display as an 'immigrantosphere', right?

Why do you seem so geniuenly upset and irritated over people not knowing, or not wanting to know bad meme words? I i know "thot" and the fact it is honestly derogatory. And I only see it used in that way as well. It took 2 seconds of googling to find out that "redpill/bluepill" is also mostly used & seemingly invented(I know it originates from Matrix) as a meme term by misogynist internet groups. If the first 20+ results are anything to go by.

It's dumb words, most of them predominatly used to insult women. Why are you so passionate about them?
15/11/2018 09:41Posted by Hobbs

Why do you seem so geniuenly upset and irritated over people not knowing, or not wanting to know bad meme words? I i know "thot" and the fact it is honestly derogatory. And I only see it used in that way as well. It took 2 seconds of googling tto find out that "redpill/bluepill" is also mostly used & seemingly invented(I know it originates from Matrix) as a meme term by misogynist internet groups. If the first 20+ results re anything to go by.

It's dumb words, most of them predominatly used to insult women. Why are you so passionate about them?

I'm angry at the fact that people pretend to not to know immature slang words because they want to place themselves above others, as they, as opposed to the other 'commonfolk', don't know such petty words. I have in no way stated that I like those words, or that I myself use them.

Actually try reading my point next time before tossing ridiculous claims and accusations towards and regarding me.
15/11/2018 10:06Posted by Hobbs
I'm angry at the fact that people pretend to not to know immature slang words because they want to place themselves above others,

Actually try reading my point next time before tossing ridiculous claims and accusations towards and regarding me.

[/quote]

"How dare you accuse me of something baseless" you say as you accuse someone else of something baseless.
I'm angry at the fact that people pretend to not to know immature slang words because they want to place themselves above others, as they, as opposed to the other 'commonfolk', don't know such petty words. I have in no way stated that I like those words, or that I myself use them.

Let them? I still don't understand why you are angry about it. Some people honestly dont know, and does that harm you? And if they are words mostly used to insult half the population, why do they need to know them?

And I did. Where did I acuse you of anything? I asked why you were upset & posted the useage of the words. I never claimed anything about you.

15/11/2018 10:11Posted by Elenthas
"How dare you accuse me of something baseless" you say as you accuse someone else of something baseless.

Basically.
This whole conversation is my peeve.
Monsoon would be disappointed, this is not an exquisite meme.
15/11/2018 10:14Posted by Baermin
15/11/2018 10:11Posted by VixĂ­

Let them? I still don't understand why you are angry about it. Some people honestly dont know, and does that harm you? And if they are words mostly used to insult half the population, why do they need to know them?

And I did. Where did I acuse you of anything? I asked why you were upset & posted the useage of the words. I never claimed anything about you.

15/11/2018 10:11Posted by Elenthas

Basically.

1. The purpose of this thread is to list off your pet peeves. I listed off one of mine, apologies if it twists your knickers.

2. You accused me of being passionate about words that I don't give a !@#$ about.
15/11/2018 10:14Posted by Baermin

Meh, it made a change from Sylvanas arguments.

Peeve: people who RP as drunks.
It's not the drunk part of itself, it's just they're all aggressive. Where are the annoying huggy drunks, and the ones passing out?
15/11/2018 11:17Posted by Hobbs
1. The purpose of this thread is to list off your pet peeves. I listed off one of mine, apologies if it twists your knickers.

I mean not really? One guy made a comment about being peeved about these words which has resulted in several long, quite aggressive comments from you. No comment on the last part.

15/11/2018 11:17Posted by Hobbs
2. You accused me of being passionate about words that I don't give a !@#$ about.

An observation, not accusation. Considering that you have quite snarkily jabbed at people about these words for 3 pages so far, I'd say it is a passionate topic for you.
Hobbs is now my pet... peeve.

On a more topic related note, and yet again related to the pikachu movie:
A slight peeve of mine are people thinking the realistic pokemon designs are bad, and using pictures of the real life sculptures used as a base for the movie models.
Those sculptures step over the uncanny valley straight into horror. The pikachu sculpture for example looks like they took roadkill and brought it to a taxidermist, then painted it yellow.
I get folks not liking the designs but at least use proper screencaps from the 3d models.
Today is the day that the new WoW forums model goes live.

Farewell almost 17,000 posts and many more upvotes
4 Likes
Today? Oh no....
ABANDON SHIP.
Bye post count.

/wave