Pet Peeve #37: With a License to Peeve

15/11/2018 11:19Posted by Distantpeak
It's not the drunk part of itself, it's just they're all aggressive. Where are the annoying huggy drunks, and the ones passing out?

You should come find my Demon Hunter when she's not "on duty" (on duty being patrolling the Ghostlands border for the inevitable Alliance push up north), she's especially non-aggressive when drunk.

15/11/2018 14:34Posted by Telaryn
Today is the day that the new WoW forums model goes live.

Farewell almost 17,000 posts and many more upvotes

Oh hell no.

EDIT: Not a peeve at all, Cat is using his new bed that i bought him. i call that money well spent.
We got a puppy a few months ago.

The cat never used his own bed.

But he uses the dog's bed.

e_e
Its been hit and miss with cat beds for mine, I bought him a pyramid a few months ago and he hasn't touched it. But he's actually sleeping on this one I got and he occasionally puts himself in his carrier to sleep.

I Do Not Like this forum. Like, I very much don’t like it, this interface seems sh*tty.

3 Likes

Blizzard?

Blizzard
?

BLIZZARD?!

oh no.

2 Likes

Pet peeve: People saying something is poopie, minutes after it’s release.
At least give it some days before going full REEEE mode.

Yes, this interface is highly unintuitive at best and obtuse at worse. Not exactly sure who the Grima Wormtongue I have mentioned previously is working at Blizzard but they have certainly made a suggestion of many bad things lately.

That said considering Blizzard employees are taking massive pay cuts, I’d hazard a guess it’s something to do with the eternal vampire leeching on it, Activision.

5 Likes

I kinda like the whole, no pages, just one constant scroll bar for a topic thing

But dang the font is awful.

It seems like post history has been removed entirely (or I cant find it) from browsing. I can’t help but wonder what bizarre logic is behind that.

The new forums also seem to like to want to throw me onto random characters and not the one I usually post as. Highly irritating.

The infinite scrolling is hell on phones.

6 Likes

Peeve: this new format.

What is this? Who designed this? Why were they allowed this?

4 Likes

Is it me or did we cause the forum to lag?

1 Like

So apparently there are also massive design flaws in this, who knew. I tried posting on the General Discussion forum and it unsurprisingly, it did not work. No option to reply to individual posts or on make new posts.

I am baffled at the massive flaws here. Not only are periodically unable to reply to threads but we still have the problems that plagued the previous iteration such as the random log outs, the log-in not working unless you go back to the WoW main page (which often puts you on the US site for some -Insane- reason) and log in multiple times.

What was wrong with the other forum format? This all just stinks of trying to throw massive legitimate complaints towards blizzard policy and practice under the rug with a “Redditesque” format of forum that satisfies none.

2 Likes

I preferred two designs ago to be honest.

I like three things though:

1. I see the usefulness in tracking
  2. I don’t have to contend with a char limit any longer
  3. This thing actually auto-formatted my listing here.

Having to go over my entire thread because [quote][/quote] suddenly isn’t a thing anymore because > is and I’m not allowed to post a single hyperlink anymore is a royal pain though.

What minor upgrades and “cool” features that seem to be present are at best, gimmicky. Yes it’s nice to see whom is replying to whom and for threads to refresh in real time but the offset is we can no longer -edit- or reformat posts when we need to.

The tracking isn’t even that great honestly, and the single scroll through is sandpaper on fingers level of irritating on mobile devices.

Why can’t we have an option of using the old format?

Edit: so it seems the edit button also periodically appears and disappears too. Couldn’t this have been tested a bit more thoroughly before implementation?

1 Like

Unfun fact: Edit is tied to character.

One particular new feature I will give Blizzard credit for though is the ease in which reporting of inappropriate threads and posts is now. It was one area sorely needed of improving on considering the calibre of anticking that takes place here semi-frequently.

It also shows how many times it was edited, which for some friends I know (who are concious about their grammar, spelling and spelling) may give them undue anxiety.

At the risk of being Mr. Insensitive - I suppose it is time to usher in an era of not giving a dang what people think about the amount of times you edit your own posts.

Maybe some of us like editing! Maybe that’s why the critics never wrote a book!

Speaking of edits and writing books:

Holy crap, you have to tag/untag in separate lines. Can you stop telling me how to code? Please? I have my own damn style!

What’s up with this quote thing? Everything is jumping out of chronological order once you start quoting posts

Also my 17k post count is gone and I’m uncomfortable

Nope, I can confirm right now that I hate it. The infinite scrolling is unpleasant on a computer format, and hell on phone as soon as the posts are somewhat longer than on the pet peeve (hello topics with stories that were already not great to navigate one phone, you’re awful now. Hello campaigns topics, you’re also awful now). I have no idea where that answer will be put because posts in a chronological order is for loosers apparently.
I disagree a lot with that font: if I zoom to be able to read what people write, the part for answering grow uncomfortably big.

No, I see no redeeming features to this design, and I don’t need 15 years to be able to say ‘that design is unpleasant, counter intuitive and generally bad’ and I don’t see why I should wait to say it when we can see it right now in front of our nose.
[Edit] Good point, it -does- put me at the end of the page. Congratulations forum, you kinda works like one! Yay. I’ve no idea how to quote now though.

1 Like