Pet Peeve: The Undying

I did have this problem a while ago, and I found an old post how to fix it.

‘’ Hello fellow gamers.

As I had an issue that I found a few times in the forum (but never with the right solution), I decided to share the solution with you. Maybe it helps someone with this issue.

Issue: With single characters the tracking tooltip of objects or NPCs is not working. The tooltip does not indicate if the NPC or object is part of a quest (i.e. kill murlocs will show something like “Kill Murlocs 1/10”).

Fix 1:
Type command “/console showQuestTrackingTooltips 1” in chat.

This should directly fix the tooltip, however it seems to not work for everyone. As far as I found out this comes from the command not working for them (the command is not fired).

Fix 2:
Type command “/run SetCVar(“showQuestTrackingTooltips”, 1) ReloadUI()” into the chat.

This command works a bit different and therefore most of the times work.

Control:
To make sure, that hte variable is set, you can use the following command in an macro or directly in the chat:
/run print(GetCVar(“showQuestTrackingTooltips”))

This will display the value (1 is on, 0 is off, other values might be seen as 0, so you should stick to 1).

With the control command, you can also check if possibly an addon is directly setting the variable back (best is to check disabling all addons for the command).

This solution is only for the Tooltip on mouseover of NPCs or objects that are target of a quest.

I hope this helps others who get this issue.

Best Regards

Your friendly discipline Priestess Amaelune’’

11 Likes