Pet Peeve: The Undying

To be honest I have no idea why I care that much, probably after I sit down and have a cup of tea and really think about it I’ll be alright again.

I’ve become the personification of the people from those Snickers adverts.

Really? 'cos the last “major” favourite character who died was…what, Jon Snow back in Season 5? Then probably Robb+Cat before then in the Red Wedding probably?

Sure we’ve had minor ones die in the meantime, but a half-dozen minor characters died yesterday.

1 Like

My argument isn’t that they kill them off regularly, my argument was that they die when it is logical.

Details below:

Summary

Like when you are backed up against a wall getting mobbed by undead that aren’t afraid to just dive bomb you as opposed to waiting for you to slash them down one at a time.

George R.R Martin’s reputation for being such a character killer is overhyped/exaggerated.

7 Likes

Agree in 10 chars.

1 Like

I think its cause they like to compare these specific episodes with the shocking episode of the Red Wedding.

In the first five seasons these episodes were always the ninth I think where it was hyped to be the end of many characters minor and major.

4 Likes

He also has this reputation from the books, but its honestly overhyped there as well. Most characters that die in droves are either unspecified, or given just a name before they die so it seems like “a true character died, amg.”

The few deaths of major characters that do occur isnt that outstanding compared to other writers really.

My peeve is that Tehya doesn’t post anymore.

8 Likes

She-orc, orcess, orquette, no, no, NO!

They’re just orcs. Apply as needed to other races.

3 Likes

Gnomette?

Taurenette? Dwarfette?

One day, our lord and savior Tehya will return… ONE DAY…

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/403372975417589770/571760507124449285/20621853b475b7483ab29ffc15e668a2.png

Never forget.

Technically not inaccurate english but irksome and superfluous as chieftain is not a gendered word.

1 Like

Everybody is going on about GoT but nobodies going on about the far, far better program Line of Duty.

Peeve. A peeve unto you all!

Also that ‘nobodies’ is a word but ‘everybodies’ apparently isn’t. I find this odd. And peevy. Also not a word.

Damn it.

1 Like

Tehya has been struck down by a three or six month suspension. He’ll be back when you need him most.

3 Likes

You can be a nobody, but you can’t be an everybody.

Orquette with her Croquette.

The power of post 6000 is mine!
Current peeve is that every time I change a bit of my mog, I want to change more, which leads to changing more, repeat ad infinitum.

2 Likes

Being stuck away on work trip without a laptop, leading to very boring night shifts.

Actually having the motivation to play WoW again and no means to do so.

Still not being able to plan out the next few months due to flexible work. Ugh. Curse you, societyyyy!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/319404245260566528/572773934299349013/unknown.png