Pet Peeve: The Undying

I would absolutely love it if they managed to the Old Gods and the mythos they’re inspired by credit with the new content (or an expansion dedicated to it). After all the text from the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, if we don’t get to see Ny’alotha as some hellish, nightmarish city of darkness under the sea I will be a very sad forum :poop:poster.

That being said, I already think that N’Zoth isn’t as intimidating as he could have been, from the Warbringers cinematic - though the fish in the darkness part is quite spooky - and from all the current/upcoming content we’ve been made aware of.

Still, a girl can dream. A true horror-themed MMO would also be awesome, but I will settle on hoping that Blizzard make something on that level for an expanson.

2 Likes

Isn’t Valtrois also involved in a quest dealing with the burial site? Several nightborne show honest care for these spiritual matters. I’d just argue that Suramar society is tad more secular in nature than the kaldorei theocracy with a Chosen queen. I’d also argue that the whole Night Warrior business in darkshore is deeply concerning to Suramar’s faithful as they’ve strayed into the arms of the Goddesses’ foes.

If the Nightborne truly worship anything, it’s their arcwine. Nightwell nourish us, indeed.

3 Likes

Them taking a more secular approach to the Elunite faith is a very welcome breath of fresh air if you ask me as opposed to the almost cult-like reverence we’ve seen the night elves inhibit (sans Delaryn, Sira, et cetera. who we know had their faith broken) so far. I’m all for different takes on the same religion.

6 Likes

People who think cruciform swords are a ‘human’ thing.

The risen soldier ghosts in Black Rook Hold - who have been dead for 10k years - use cruciform swords.

They are not for humans to claim as theirs alone!

If your nation isn’t directly ruled by the Pope, you’re not really Catholic btw

1 Like

I refuse your reality and substitute my own.

:wine_glass: :wine_glass: Wine keeps us all going through the week LOL. :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

:wine_glass: :wine_glass: Am I right ladies? :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

10 Likes

You’re so bad Aerilen! LOL xx

3 Likes

Normally that is something Blizzard has an issue with. Cultures and particuarly diffrent faiths are all kinda…dont know if centralized is a good word, but they all become kinda same-y. The Light is worshiped in the same way regardless of species, or even planets, troll Loas overlap and several of them seem to fulfill the same role, or are just worshiped the same etc.

1 Like

Haha you know me :princess:

you should bring darren and the kids round for a visit next week for drinkypoos :wine_glass:

Haha LOL ! Great picture Sharon. I miss the kids. What a beautiful looking family. Easy on the wine… don’t mind if I do :wink: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

I still relish my nightborne concept of the aristocratic aunt who’s always lady-drunk, glass in hand and short with the smallfolk. Straight out of some period drama with a puffy fox stole and a surprising leniency to the nieces’ excesses, dispensing advice.

2 Likes

This is precisely why I skulk the home territory zones one by one and only do the shared zones once they’re done. Any alliance I saw when levelling my mag har priest in strangle thorn just ran off because I was around 56 at the time.

Barrens, azshara, silverpine with looms and dungeons thrown in will take you to that range. I’m doing a mag har mage atm and I just finished Barrens and I’m level 48 and it’s the first zone I’ve finished.

As for when even higher than that levels gank you. Well nought that can be done. It’s a bigger waste of their time than yours however.

Had this on my mind with some people elsewhere talking about a possible KH3 NG+: A lot of games aren’t flexible enough with their NG+ and I wish they’d take more of a cue from the ‘Tales of’ games in letting you customise what you want to carry over.

Maybe I want to carry over my money but not my items. Maybe I want to carry over my collectibles but not my skills/levels. That sorta thing. I can’t imagine it’d even be that difficult, just a menu with a set of checkboxes.

I am peeved that I was soooo very close to beating a boss in Sekiro, only to get an unlucky strike on to me, making me fail the fight.

Oh well. Poo happens.

I think Blizzard realized they used all their cards left from Black Empire lore very quickly, and they are prolonging the unavoidable awakening of N’zoth as much as they can.

Don’t remember where, but I read a theory about Ny’alotha being under the Trisfal. (It was based on from a text about War of Ancients.) It would be nice if Blizzard revamped that area, make the Sleeping City rise from the blight.

Oh, and… I miss my knaifu.

1 Like

There’s also a big speculation Ny’alotha is under the sea somewhere - possibly the location of N’Zoth’s prison thus somewhere between Vashj’ir, Kul Tiras and Zandalar.

The Tirisfal thing is the Vault of Tyr which holds the remains of one of the Faceless generals.

I think the whole design of N’Zoth is to not be as dauntingly intimidating as the other Old Gods, on the merit that it’s meant to be the weakest of the Old Gods, but possibly the most conniving and manipulative. I can easily see N’Zoth discarding Azshara when she is no longer needed in favour of Sylvanas and the Horde (ie Forsaken) loyal to her. She has a lot of fears to play off after all.

Didn’t know that, I will look at to it, thank you.

And I just don’t want Blizzard to add another isle piece to the already crowded ocean in the map. But instead, rework slowly like how they are doing with battle areas. I guess it’s asking too much… when you consider Blizzar’d expansion process.

I suspect it won’t be tagged on map piece but possibly a cutaway similar to how Argus was added to the map.

The fact that I have to be in social media quarantine until tomorrow evening because of Wrestlemania. Don’t want to be spoiled.