Pet Peeve: The Undying

If you play femshep, you have to romance Garus.

This is not optional.

1 Like

I missed an opportune moment to say:

Breast. Race.

2 Likes

How is that a downside?

2 Likes

I wanted to romance Nyreen with my femshep. Female Turian, Nyreen especially is…enticing.

True!, in ten letters

You didn’t have enough Renegade points to get that option.

1 Like

The popular image of the latter is an internet construct while the former is canonically someone’s wish fulfillment. Things add up the more you learn and then they’re just silly. And onion heads.

1 Like

Still gotta take a pick between them

The Asari are unironically a cool race with a lot of interesting lore. The Prothean interventions. The Justicars. The Ardat-Yakshi. The commandos.

Prove me wrong.

5 Likes

Real peeve: trying to find a good name for a new character. The only ones I can think of that aren’t taken are old alts I want to play again some day. Double dip peeve: some of my old names are now taken.

Also, imagine romancing a certain Asari, then she’s cut apart by space squids in a mission and for the rest of your life you can’t chop onions without shedding tears of grief.

1 Like

The Mythic race made me interested in WoW again. But I am still concerned with the state of the game.

Mass Effect seems to be an occuring topic in these forums every year.

I don’t mind. It’s just interesting to notice.

I also have a playthrough going on at the moment. Going to check out some mods for ME2 and 3 when I get there.

“Approachable for ANY rp” and similar in people’s profiles. What does any RP even mean, is this a subtle invitation to ERP or something?

Could be, could mean they do fighting, recruitment and other types of RP as well?

I peeve at general attempts to monopolise a concept and/or location. “We’re organisation X of authority Y, we run/operate from place Z and expect you to regard us the rightful stewards of this plot of land and all who dwell upon it”.

At least people running towns is a dead RP trend, right?

3 Likes

Before we got onto talking about Mass Effect (sorry) I notice there was a lot of talk about ESO. I haven’t played a new MMO since SWTOR when it first came out and then a bit of Wildstar which I was hyped out of this world for. I have been wary ever since, given how many times I have been burned. Is it worth jumping into?

ESO is neat. Just keep in mind it’s an MMO first and a TES game second. But it’s decent. I wanna jump back to XIV myself, but I need cash for a sub fee plus the new xpac.

Never played FFXIV either, despite being a Final Fantasy fan.

Free trial up to lv35, it’s worth a try.

However I will say this, the game has an infamously dull early leveling experience. Basically it assumes you never played an MMO before and gives you abilities accordingly.

HOWEVER after 30 when you unlock your job it picks up quickly, and at the very least you get a new ability every 5 levels, then every 2 from 50 onwards. Which I prefer over WoW giving you your core rotation by 20 then basically nothing notable past that.

Pugilist/Monk is a good first class as it has a mechanic to reduce the GCD to be on par with WoWs. Normally the GCD is longer (2.5s) but this is because you do a lot more decision making with rotations at endgame than you do in WoW, plus weaving a ton of oGCD abilities into your rotations. As a Monk however the GCD will be much shorter and more WoW-like.

That all said if you just focus on the story (Helped by picking a ‘preferred realm’ which gives 2x XP up to 60, making side quests pointless) then it’s more tolerable.

I’m just sat here wondering how a game with a 2.5sec GCD can be fun in any regard