Pet Peeve: The Undying

it’s at times like this i wonder if i was the only person alive to have had basically no issue with nazjatar

even if i did just jump off cliffs and reincarnate when i couldn’t be bothered to run down but that’s neither here nor there

It’s not much worse than Antoran Wastes imo and basically all of the issues vanish when you get flying.

Yes, make the zone obnoxious to those who cant fly, and they have to play through it Over and Over again to get flying :expressionless:

Mechagon is alright. In fact, when you realise it has all sorts of gadgets to muck about with too, it actually becomes quite fun. You just end up bopping about, doing a handful of quests that aren’t too far apart and boom, done. No issue.
How they can have that and then Nazjatar in the same update is beyond me. Like a care package of Right and Wrong…

1 Like

I’m a bit burnt out of WoW at the moment so I pretty much only do the dailies and WQs when the Unshackled is the emissary.

I know it’s a psychological thing, but I can’t really stand the rep bar barely moving with those 75 rep per quest rewards. Normally I’m a sucker for oceanic themes, but not in this form, I guess.

1 Like

I’ve been sat on a rarespawn in Nazjatar for almost two hours without it cropping up. About 10 minutes ago some trash mobs spawned so I killed them but now it’s quiet again.

Cool gameplay.

3 Likes

Yeah, today drill rigs was up so I camped caustic mechaslime’s drill rig spawn point.

After 3-4 hours, I just gave up. Sigh.

1 Like

Ridonk. Put rares on huge timers, make it so they’ve got health pools small enough that even if you do see them when they spawn they might be dead before you get there, and also put a bunch of them in out of the way locations so you’re unlikely to just come across them in your day-to-day questing.

10/10 loooooooooooooooooooooooove it.

1 Like

I am also in that camp.

The only issues I had with naz were the first few days where the quests were suc has “kill 100 of this mob who spawns infrequently in the zone, doesn’t have a set spawn point, doesn’t spawn quickly and by the way the map doesn’t give you any hints”. My gripe was more with the quest than the zone itself in terms of layout.

Once they were remedied, no problems. I actually think the zone becomes pretty intuitive after a initial runaround. You just have to know how each part connects with the others. Also flight whistle makes it pretty easy to travel.

The only issue with naz when not flying is you have no hope in hell of nabbing a rare if one is called and you’re not there. In the first weeks this was no issue as we all rode over on ground. Now anyone who is not flying has to race against several players farming rates who can head straight to the location.

Also peeve: people who treat time walking dungeons as mythic gogogo fests.

Now I don’t mind a fast run. I try it myself as tank. What I don’t like is when people pull packs for me to “speed me up” because usually when I’m not doing that myself, there’s a good reason (the pack has a dangerous mob that need repeated interrupts, a group with no aggro lists, smoke clouds etc)

So in my halls of lightning run earlier I had my first ever wipe. Embarrassing as time walking is pretty cakewalk. Anyway a rogue keeps pulling packs ahead of me when we’re fighting. I let it slide as we’re trashing the groups generally and the pulls are pretty big because of this. But then we get to THAT Room. You know the one. The storm forged guys with the huge spears who cast massive dots and randomly charge folks, and the dwarves who spin and destroy your group and adds appear from nowhere.

The 2 spear guys path comes to the entry door as we’re on golems, I pull it so we can take them down as, golems are nearly dead and saves them aggroing us later on patrol. The rogue decides it would be a fabulous idea to pull two of the dwarf groups to us as well. At this point I speak up and ask them what they are doing and a lock in our group smarmily replies “your job”.

We predictably wipe as the dots, charges and spin to wins just totally annihilate the group as nobody seems to find their interrupt button once my ring of peace is used.

The rogue finally stops after that as I reply “I liked it better when I did my job as we didn’t wipe when I did it” and the druid healer adds “hard agree there”.

There’s no timer in time walking and old world dungeons have some whacko abilities. Just a little bit of caution is advised! I don’t think a lot of folks understand the tactics in some of these dungeons and just assume it’ll be like when you pow wow them when grinding dungeons levelling up. Generally yes, but there’s always certain mobs you need to watch out for (the ice cave before tyrannus and tyrannus homself is another really good way of seeing who has actually run the dungeon before, same for melee dps dying to lokens nova) .

4 Likes

https://i.gyazo.com/6d09697f3ed7519bd1d46b244aa792bd.png

Not really a peeve, I just love Ashran and I think it’s the best thing to happen to this game since MoP

On that note; additions. Not on time walking but low level and the past.

1. Throne of the Tides, back in time commander ulthok and in current time the spear murlocs. Yes, it 1 shots. No, I can’t outheal 60k damage when you got 16k hp buddy. Will never forget the group that kicked me because they didn’t move out of the aoe. Also the naga with the green aoe stuff. The entire dungeon is “don’t stand in stuff” and people fail.

2. Scholomance, first boss. Yes, you need to move.

3. Blood Furnance, second boss. Broggok. You got a shaman as a healer in your group? Impossible to do.

4. Vortex Pinneacle, last boss. That weird “stand in the illuminati thunder circle or you get 1 shotted mechanic”.

5. Scarlet Halls, armsmaster Harlan. Each time I tell people “watch out for the twirl he does, don’t get caught by it!” and each time atleast 2 get caught and instantly die.

6. Any form of the violet hold. Can’t believe Blizzard redid the SAME DUNGEON as Wotlk in Legion. Such a boring thing.

1 Like

Peeve: Bodyguards in Nazjatar World PvP. For some reason player targeting also includes them and considering everybody has one it’s beyond annoying, mostly during big skirmishes.

Wait, what’s the problem with this one? He gives you a year and a half to get into the safezone.

1 Like

Yes, throne of tides on heroic in cata gave my nightmares on my priest. People thinking they’re non elite so let’s just pull them all. Just no, their nukes are ridiculously strong.
Also people not interrupting the shaman bosses overpowered nuke there as well.
Heroic cata dungeons at the time were pretty hardcore tbh. The lost city was also a potentially messy one due to the endless adding with people not watching their position in the streets.

At least my time walking is done for the week.

today’s peeve: levelling through zuldazar again. please, god, not again.

1 Like

Better than Stormsong Valley with its billion different quest chains.

6 Likes

what, you don’t like one (1) single quest chain actually mattering?
you didn’t like just fighting quillboar because uh i guess they’re like… there?

1 Like

The naga, quillboar, Horde, Tidesages, bees, and other crabs.

It’s too much + I prefer completing zones… >-<

Yuuup. Worse thing being Zul oh so subtle plan to dethrone Rastakhan and you player just going along. Gotta love having so much agency.

2 Likes

When I levelled a troll druid throughout the BfA Horde zones and did the quests, I felt…a bit mixed. I liked the little quests and stories for the most part, I found the characters enjoyable and the lore fun. But compared to the Alliance quest zones, the Horde one felt like they really pushed you down into the mud.

All three Zandalar zones end on a bad note, where ultimatly you were too late, or your efforts didnt work and the bad guys won, all to build up towards the final arc with Uldir and the last connected questline with Zul and Mythrax. Sure it gets fixed then, but at the time I did those for the first time, it felt kinda demotivational to have it on clockwork in every zone go “Whelp, we lost.”

Where the Alliance stories play more like the traditional questlines, with ups and downs, but ultimatly you fight off/win the main struggle in the zone, and the conclusion comes in the zone’s dungeon. (The exception being Stormsong Valley, where it doesnt really end at all until you do the dungeon & just kinda abruptly halts, but the pacing of that storyline and the mess of a zone overall makes it a wildcard)

1 Like