Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

One time period I’d like to have them actually explore is the middle ages where all this mythological stuff was more relevant to the overarching world.

Speaking of all of these books, I would love to see an adaptation of a relativly obscure nordic bookseries called “The Legend of the Ice People”

Amber Spyglass is one wild ride. I found it a difficult read if only because I had to keep rereading sections to try and follow what was going on at any given time.

I can’t even imagine how they would have done that in the movie trilogy given how much they cut out the stuff about the church being bad.

I’d like a Bioshock adaptation. It’s one of those settings where adapting it from video games to live action isn’t much of a leap. The story’s pretty linear, the characters are humans and it’s driven by human motivation. Sometimes they use Adam. Big studios often struggle with overt fantasy elements which is why Bioshock should be easier to adapt since it’s more grounded.

They even did a live action in-universe mini video series set in the 80s about some guy investigating the events of Rapture and trying to reach the survivors. They meet up with a former Little Sister (Sally?) but she refuses to accept the interview.

4 Likes

I’d like some original stories rather than endless adaptations, prequels, sequels, remakes and shemakes :triumph:

2 Likes

Which is why the golden compass film failed. They had to stray from the source material to make it acceptable.

There’s plenty of films that have had to do that and have come out worse off because of it.

I really hope they make a TV adaptation of this really obsure book series that I read a while ago, it’s written originally in Polish though so I can’t really see it happening.

It’s about this white haired monster hunter dude who has magic powers and despite being a bit ugly, manages to make it with ladies super easily.

Come to think of it, would be cool to see a video game adaptation too :thinking:

4 Likes

woah that sounds super cool I really wish they did something like that !

I see that you’re a man of culture as well.

I’d definitely watch a TV show based on Bioshock set in Rapture… with Frank Fontaine as the main character and how he built his Empire.

(I would prefer a Burial at Sea but that requires Bioshock Infinite first)

1 Like

I still find it a little amusing what an utter douche the original writer seem to be in every public interview or appearance he makes.

The lore/story is no doubt good, and the video game team expanded and made it into an excellent world, but the guy who wrote the books just comes across as a petty, grumpy old man who hates himself and takes it out on the world.

1 Like

I’d prefer set in Rapture before or after Elizabeth came… People aren’t always receptive to time and space travel in any media to be honest. Best to either get through it rapidly or not address it at all.

1 Like

tries to take it out on cd projekt red too.

2 Likes

CD Projeckt Red are the current video game darlings. But no king rules forever. Could Cyberpunk be their fall from grace?

1 Like

God that end was gutwrenching

with the forced first person perspictive in game and in cutscenes I’m afraid so

Wait until they in 2025 release “Witcher 76” and all the good will goes away.

2021 rerelease of Witcher 3 for Apple Smart Watch

1 Like

I can’t deny it. Elizabeth going through all the pain and trials to save Sally.

In the end… It always boils down to save one little girl.

“They say to save one life is to save the world entire.”
Brigid Tenenbaum

1 Like

There’s always a Lighthouse, a Man and a City.

3 Likes