Pet Peeve: Wrath of the 20K Post Cap

You toy with dangerous assumptions.

Pet peeve o’ the morning: Water’s gone. Again. ETA anywhere from now to the colonization of Mars.

1 Like

Big true. Can confirm this is not the budget option.

1 Like

Drat.

Mammon almighty…

It’s not something I’d ever do on the regular (unlike Telaryn), I just thought it would be nice to have one piece of art that in a way immortalises Akamito and portrays him as I see him.

I only got 2 artsworks for 2 of my characters. 1 on Wow, 1 on Swtor.

First one I got free(Friend paid for it cus their character is also in it) Simple but lovley picture I use for my background on my laptop. Second one, I also got free because a guildie was doing spare free comissions at the time.

Edit: I forgot I also got another swtor one, that’s not so much a full on drawing as it is using ingame model & armour with some extra effects from a photo edit. Still looks nice! Also got it free.

Nah, it’s less demanding free stuff, and more a blatant attempt to manipulate the person into doing it.

That’s cheap as far as pieces like that go. It’s worth remembering how long individual pieces can take, because it’s paying for a service and not a good.

4 Likes

The way to go is to draw it yourself and display it regardless of whether it’s a glorified stick figure or not.

2 Likes

Uh-huh, and so we loop right back to me living on ramen and rafter moisture, fancy art being but a distant dream.

When selling feet pics online is as easy as it is, being poor is really just a choice

7 Likes

I mostly splurge on art because I have aphantasia (the thing where you can’t visualise in your mind’s eye), and it helps me have a clear idea of what my character looks like beyond the in-game model.

It’s a really fun process as well, tbqh. Going from initial sketch phase to a final product and seeing it develop and being able to add your own touches.

For reference, here is the first sketch I was shown for Akamito based on the description I gave and the final product.

These were done by Kaiyela

It was for me at least, almost like writing a short story. It took on a life of it’s own.

I can see why people get absolutely hooked on it and keep spending the big bucks.

13 Likes

He is looking alot more manly than I envisioned.

Joking aside, the art is super cool!

The truth really hurts…

https://imgur.com/a/A3EwNXl

:point_up_2: The various pieces I have of my druid.

PS: Make sure to credit your artists people.

3 Likes

I think it would be really cool, when you have a lot of fine art like this, to make high quality prints and frame them at home. Something I’ve often urged good Telaryn to do.

1 Like

I have one of the one piece I had done. Not got anywhere to hang it up yet, but it’s going above the PC when it’s finished.

I should do the same with this lovely piece of art I commissioned from Meeks years back.
https://www.deviantart.com/hazelgee/art/Kiaran-Commission-588294812

2 Likes

It’s definitely on my to-do-eventually list. Maybe I’ll pick one piece per character for it.

too much dope nelf art in here

looking forward to rolling my nelf druid soon and becoming one of you again

1 Like

NElf Druid, the most based race / class combo.