Pet Peeves: Resurrected

Reading and commenting on a lot of Adorno for my thesis. As much as I enjoy doing what I do and as much as I admire Adorno it’s hard not to feel a bit pessimistic after reading his works.

“No universal history from savagery to humanitarianism, but there is one leading from the slingshot to the megaton bomb.”

I level without heirlooms.

Much to the annoyance of my friend once.

Peeve - Raids are such a headache. Oh and doing a second draft feels tedious.

I’ll be honest, I’m pretty sure AD’s antics got rid of the “Top forums posts” category on the old forums with our massive drama threads that took at least five outta ten spots. Abusing such a wonky system like the community flag stuff is probably gunna end up in some changes eventually. Maybe, hopefully.

3 Likes

Our mischief also ended downvotes for these forums specifically. Don’t expect much change now that it’s all automated, though. The algorithm will be relied upon to filter out the miscreants regardless of guilt so the report function will get abused until all who remain are boost selling bots.

1 Like

We held 10/10 threads for a whole solid week before it was changed.

And even after they changed how they ranked “popularity” we still had a plurality of threads in the popular topics. Argent Dawn has an unbelievably active community and it never gets listened to.

1 Like

You gotta revel in it though. We need a voice in the greater forum world. Where’s our green-text RP representative in MVP form?

Q. What does an MVP do? (Welcome, Please Read! - #4 by Aerythlea-2611)

A. MVPs promote constructive posting wherever they can. They contribute to the community and encourage polite discussion throughout the forums. When you see an MVP post, listen to what they have to say—they were also chosen for their knowledge of the game.

Or not, lmao. :joy:

1 Like

Roleplayers are a loud but vanishingly small segment of the centipede of WoW players and aren’t listened nor catered to. EU forum roleplayers much less so as the EU forum is a copypasted, smaller subforum for containment and not for feedback.

1 Like

Not really sure how much can be done (Discourse is an open-source forum provider, so most of their documentation is public and searchable).

I guess they can decrease how many community flags are allowed per account, rather than per character? With how the silencing works, accounts and characters must be linked somehow.

Or they could shift CS resources around so we have more active moderation.

MVP needs to be polite.

3 Likes

They’d have to tie all posting privileges to one user, leaving us with btags rather than our cute character forum avatars.

They are and at the same time they are not - i’ve had situations where individual characters, completely unrelated to whatever post i’ve made somehow ending up with one of the auto-silences rather than characters i post more on.

It’s not a very good set up for these forums.

What does an MVP even do???

They used to be quite important in that they could talk directly to a CM to raise player issues, but I’m not sure if that’s still the case.

1 Like

Strange - I’m fairly sure the human moderator version of a silence/temp ban targets the whole account. :thinking:

And yeah, Discourse has neat features but the use case of a game forum with many “sub-users” in the form of individual characters is clearly not completely thought out.

I’d like this on 50 characters if I could. Oh right. I could. Broken baloney forum…

You can also flag your own posts if that should ever be of interest.

2 Likes

If you really wanna go big-brain you can make a new character, refresh until it gets added to your list of forum characters, and then delete that character. super duper incognito.

did you just flag your own post 15 times to prove your statement or uhhhh?

I’d have to be a wizard to report my own posts that fast.

1 Like

I guess someone just doesn’t want people to know you can flag your own posts.

It’d be just the thing to tweet to blizzard as a demonstration, though.