Pet peeves: The return (Part 2)

The nerve…

~Leo

5 Likes

had a regular karen come in today to complain about prices and insist i gave her the wrong change after triple checking and checking with a colleague. still left offended

why are we here? just to suffer?

1 Like

3rd time this week people confuse me for one of the construction workers at the site near my home Pfahaha, I mean I certainly stand out but sheesh, people need to do better when it comes to physiology haha.

yes because you’re working in retail

We are retail my friend. Our life is pain.

Retail is pain

1 Like

I still support the idea of giving retail employees and teachers one opportunity to just beat up a customer/student. They get to use it once and that’s it.

Actual peeve: The Story forum’s obsession with making Turalyon out to be some kind of mega psychopath who’ll take over the world because he’s a Lighthead.

Makes no sense given his character, and a part of me knows Blizzard will go that road because Faith = Bad now because that’s ‘nuanced’.

3 Likes

once per month

people just want Lightbound to be a relevant thing, that’s it pretty much

an understandable motivation, they’re cool cats

Nah we gotta keep anarchy at bay while still holding the hammer of god above all retail customers and students. Once per job you get to use it.

So imagine that you get a new teacher in school. Nobody dares to act out in their class because everyone knows they haven’t used theirs yet. Or better yet. Imagine a long time teacher who has been at the school for years and still hasn’t used theirs. It’d be beautiful.

And you might ask “How far could they go in their beatdowns?”. Until it’s done.

Then just drag Yrel’s carcass out from the early grave they put her in and puppeteer that.

Turalyon’s a good lad who didn’t do anything wrong.

3 Likes

my sweet summer child

he instead did something wrong by for reasons beyond mortal comprehension becoming king of the draenei despite not being a draenei

Exarch okay fine whatever but High Exarch, really?

To be fair that was probably Xe’ra’s call and she’s bonkers.

And spread over the floor.

and yet even in a post-xe’ra society… :pensive:

So slav-squat in your void rift ( and put the Joker on, I’ve still not seen it yet )

Dude literally tortures people on the regular lol

2 Likes

I’ve really grown to dislike the whole “Void and Light are the opposite sides of the same coin” thing they’ve been going at since Legion. Nuanced story-telling can be done incredibly well, but in this case it feels like they’re just throwing whatever out there to see if it turns out good.

The Scarlet Crusade? Lovely. Chefs kiss. Absolutely love them. Very good.
The draenei invasion led by Yrel in AU Draenor? No thank you. Didn’t like it one bit.

Maybe there’s some lore I’m missing as to why Yrel suddenly decided to become a lunatic, but it just feels so out of place and weird.

Warcraft was never really that good at nuanced story telling. Its at its best when its clear that X thing is evil because its evil.