Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

just because you’re introverted doesn’t mean you can’t have a party!!

you can throw a party with you yourself and you only, what constitutes a party is only what you yourself define xx

1 Like

…Welp. I’ve logged in to the weekly Rivendell RP event, just like I used to do seven years ago… but nobody came. Even though the event is still posted on Laurelin Archives and everything.

I guess they’ve all sailed to Valinor.

2 Likes

My phone started screaming loudly and said “tornado warning” but it was in spanish and I’m ???

I want to talk about hopium and copium.

Getting excited for a new expansion is fine. Getting giddy about certain features is fine, lord knows if you look at my older post history you can see me (naively) getting very excited for the mere existence of pirate hats in the game files prior to BfA. These things are not copium or hopium, they are normal human responses to seeing a thing you like get new content.

Hopium is the futile hope that Blizzard will go back and maybe fix that Zandalari shoulderpad still clipping through the model’s arm on the race page for Zandalari trolls since 2017. It’s not entirely outside the realm of possibility but we all know Blizzard doesn’t really care that much about previous expansion content relevancy so it’s just silly to hope for it.

Copium is when some desperate soul points to, say, the new green dragon model and says without any sort of knowledge, skill or insight into the process of making models for World of Warcraft that “It’s fine, the wings are clearly untextured, I’m sure they will fix it in alpha” when the wings are, very much to the contrary, textured and just look bad and the expansion releases in winter.

Lastly, I’ve seen people get accused of huffing the sweet copium and/or hopium when they say somewhat hyperbole things like “that is the most awesome thing ever” when talking about, say, the new pre-order items and maybe going so far as buying them instantly without any capacity to explain why they think it’s the most awesome thing ever. That is neither copium or hopium.

That is just cringe.

10 Likes

I’ve had a few Eberron campaign ideas knocking around my head and I can’t decide which one I like the most.

The easiest would be just retooling an existing set of adventures - a continent hopping adventure with planar manifest zones. Leap from lightning rails, swashbuckle on the seas, and delve into dungeons of the Demon Wastes.

Second is helping out Oargev “The King in Exile” with his glorified refugee camp, political deals that would define Cyre in the future, and expeditions into the Mournland, with all of its eldritch horrors and magical mystery.

Third is full on tactical espionage action in a city on the brink of violent revolution, navigating an interwoven mess of spies, criminals, religious zealots, and the dragonmarked houses trying not just to make money, but make ALL the money.

All of them seem fun and cool :frowning:

eh, trying to care about what other people do or enjoy when it’s not hurting anyone is a losing battle you should stop fighting

(also, kill the part of you that cringes, not the part of you that is cringe)

No wonder so many tremble under my spells.

1 Like

Finally got the chest piece, can now be gold;

1 Like

You might even say…

Solid Gold

1 Like

Bobby Kottick to stay on the Actiblizz board

not even shocked

Was anyone genuinely expecting him to go easily? Kotick is like a parasitic tape-worm in the colon of Actiblizz… Microsoft need to come in and flush the entire system.

Lintian, I sent you a request on disc.

1 Like

I like the mount, it isn’t the best thing ever, but I like it.
I know I’ll buy Dragonflight regardless of anything and I can’t be bothered to level a rogue.
So paying a bit more for heroic addition made sense for me. Cause ya know, I’m not going through SL again. Bleh.

I’ve hit max level on all classes except DK. Huh, perhaps it’s my chance to finally get one there considering that it’s just a class I’m having troubles vibin’ with. Then again the “boosting” effect causes you to feel disconnected to the toon benefitting from it, thus very easy to delete and discard in your mind.

Finally managed to shift that headache.

But now its nearly bedtime.

2 Likes

Not an issue I have in the slightest.

Don’t know how to put spoiler tag so won’t go into detail however the Kenny B finale has me conflicted. One story-thread felt really nicely wrapped up while the other was so… Whelming… Feels like half the episode was wasted.

Fear not, fren.

1. Write spoiler stuff
  2. Highlight spoiler stuff with your mouse by holding mousebutton and dragging
  3. Click the cog on the bar above the text window
  4. Select “Hide details.”
Summary

Like so.

1. (optional) You can replace the word “summary” (keep the quotation marks) with different text to, for example, let others know what the spoiler is about.
Endwalker spoilers (not really)

Stuff happens. Idk I don’t play FF XIV.

Now go forth and hide spoilers.

2 Likes

Then in that case!

Ken O'Biggie spoilers

We’ve only had six episodes five of which has been building up Obi vs Vader: Return Of The High Ground, then half the episode was yet again wasted on the boring one-note pantomime villain of Reva going off on a side-quest.

Now no shade towards the actress but she has been terribly written / utilised with no truly believable emotion until her last scenes (likely due to only having siz episodes).

The -big fight- though actually got me hyped to see these two powerhouses settle their score again only for it to be over so damned quickly! Why did we need Reva going after Luke?! She had a sympathetic ending with hints at survival for a possible future appearance already.

If you put a :clown_face: in a spoiler tag I will fall for it almost every time

1 Like