Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

I smell a cult!

Itā€™s definitely some sort of pyramid scheme.

new gundam series has a prologue premiering on youtube
they referred to people from earth as ā€œearthiansā€ and I love it.

4 year old child in a gundam blows up three mobile suits: ā€œlook mama! like pretty candles!ā€

kids are cruel jackā€¦

All kids love fiery destruction.

Ever other week I have a; ā€œtake me daddy!ā€ moment with a hot man and Iā€™m not even into men.

1 Like

Also, I am back from my eye appointment, had to have drops put in and now everything is slightly blurry.

1 Like

I no longer have the patience for this crap anymore.

I lack the intellectual wit to make fools of them but I can certainly make sure that their jobs now comes with a hazard in their contract (or not). Iā€™m buying a blowhorn or foghorn whatever is used by football hooligans and the next time my phone rings and itā€™s some nonsense trying to extract money or data out of me, Iā€™ll give them one single warning to remove my number from their data baseā€¦ The next call will render the caller temporarily deaf.

1 Like

Bought Sir a cardboard scratching board.

Heā€™s just sitting on it.

He loves them but Asda doesnā€™t sell them and I donā€™t really want to go to Sainsburys to get a few.

Ordered a new phone a while back. Itā€™s apparently popular atm so I had to wait for a bit, not problem.
Got the delivery confirmation last Thursday. But so far no phone. Had me thinking Iā€™ll give it a week before asking them where itā€™s at, sometimes things take a while when you got to scrap the numbers together.
Today my mum gets a call from a parcel shop in one of the surrounding villages. Woman on the other end shyly asks her if she happens to know me, because thereā€™s a package there for me.

Yeah so turns out my phone did a little tour over basically all the little villages until SOMEONE thought ā€œhm, this canā€™t be right?ā€
Thank you, Ms B.
Thank you for actually being competent.

(Meanwhile this forums has been consistently showing me my own posts as a new post to a topic for the last 3 days. Yay)

Sent off my Switch, what, just over a week ago? Finally got it looked at etc by Nintendo.

Ā£111 to repair it.

A new Switch costs Ā£250. So I bought a new one and am just awaiting them to send the broken one back :))))) Itā€™s not even massively broken. Just a connection issue with the controllers to the Switch itself!! Up yours, Nintendo. I guess. Kinda.

2 Likes

I would have repaired it out of principle. I hate losing tech to entropy.

I bought a new phone after my old oneā€™s motherboard corroded, then had the old one repaired because I couldnā€™t bear to throw it away. (Waiting for the replacement motherboard took a while and I needed a phone in the interim, hence the new one.) Now I have two phones, which is good because I use two SIM cards for different purposes.

2 Likes

I introduced my brother to the Grishaverse :sunglasses:

1 Like

The Switch wasā€¦ kinda old u_u And apparently the model breaks in the way it did very commonly, so I didnā€™t see the point of repairing it 'cause itā€™d probably happen again anyway. Poor thing may it just sit in a box once I transfer things off of it.

I love my Switch but I do hope Nintendo does better with the controllers of their next console. Havenā€™t had a connection error like that but the joycon drift that inevitably happens is a real pain.

Honestly smart to just get a new one.

Apple are scummy af like that too, forcibly making their older products redundant and no longer supported to MAKE you buy the newer items.
And their repair services being jacked af in price.

1 Like

Okay, Iā€™ve done a few things and if you want; ā€œthe hitsā€ of Joke Rowlings transphobic tweets, we have;

In case people don't want to read the "polite bigotry" that is Joke Rowling's tweets

ā€œif sex isnā€™t real, thereā€™s no same-sex attraction. If sex isnā€™t real, the lived reality of women is globally erased. I know and love trans people, but erasing the concept of sex removes the ability of many to meaningfully discuss their livs. It isnā€™t hate to speak the truth.ā€

ā€œi respect every tranā€™s personā€™s right to live any way that feels authentic and comfortable to them. Iā€™d march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans. At the same time, my life has been shaped by being female. I do not believe itā€™s hateful to say soā€

"Dress however you please.
Call yourself whatever you like.
Sleep with any consenting adult whoā€™ll have you.
Live your best life in peace and security.
But forcing women out of their jobs for stating that sex is real?
#IStandWithMaya #ThisIsNotADrill "

From TERF Wars

ā€œNone of the gender critical women Iā€™ve talked to hates trans people; on the contrary. Many of them become interested in the issue in the first place out of concern for trans youth, and theyā€™re hugely sympathetic towards trans adults who simply want to live their lives, but whoā€™re facing a backlash for a brand of activism they donā€™t endorse. The supreme irony is that the attempt to silence women.ā€

ā€œI refuse to bow down to a movement that i believe is doing demonstrable harm in seeking to erode ā€˜womanā€™ as a political and biological class and offering to cover predators like few before itā€

And for the bit I was parodying above;
ā€œwoman is not a costime. ā€˜Womanā€™ is not an idea in a manā€™s head. ā€˜Womanā€™ is not a pink brain, a liking for Jimmy Choos or any other sexist ideas now somehow touted as progressive.ā€

ā€œWhen you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels heā€™s a woman - and, as Iā€™ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones - then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come insideā€

ā€œIronically, radical feminists arenā€™t even trans-exclusionary - they include trans men in their feminism, because they are born womenā€

applies head to desk

Okay and to the actual point I came back to this (because I said i would, I just find posting her dumb-butt tweets hella funny, if not entirely fricking sad);

ā€œThe writings of young trans men reveal a group of notably sensitive and clever people. The more their accounts of gender dysphoria iā€™ve read, with their insightful descriptions of anxiety, dissociation, eating disorders, self-harm and self-hatred, the more Iā€™ve wondered whether, if Iā€™d been born 30 years later, I too might have tried to transition. The allure of escaping womanhood would have been huge. I struggled with severe OCD as a teenager. If Iā€™d found a community and sympathy online that I couldnā€™t find in my immediate environment, I believe I could have been persuaded to turn myself into the son my father had openly said heā€™d have preferredā€

ā€œFortunately for me, I found my own sense of otherness, and my ambivalence about being a woman, reflected in the works of female writers and musicians who reassured me that, in spite of everything a sexist world tries to throw at the female-bodied, itā€™s fine not to feel pink, frilly and compliant inside your own head; its OK to feel confused, dark, both sexual and non-sexual, unsure of what or who you are.ā€

I donā€™t have anything funny to say except; Jesus Fricking Christ.

1 Like

Not taking sides on this JK argument but it saddens me how people lately feel they have to pull out the pitchforks (calls for cancellation) over someone they donā€™t like instead of simply ignoring them.

1 Like

Sheā€™s a billionaire. She can cry all she likes, she can be mocked until the end of her days, and sheā€™ll still be absurdly rich.

JK Rowling is causing significant social damage to the trans rights movement on the basis of her massive platform and belligerent refusal to accept that she is horribly, harmfully incorrect.

Pitchforks are the least of what she - and people like her - deserve.

8 Likes

The problem with JK in particular though is; sheā€™s using her platform to try and have what little rights the trans community have taken away from them.

Because she was assaulted by a cis man back in the 90s.

Donā€™t get me wrong, that is sad.

But her hyper vigilence BECUASE of that is hurting the trans community.

8 Likes

when fascists quote you in the halls of government while enacting their agenda you donā€™t get to be ā€˜just ignore themā€™ levels of bully

7 Likes