Pet peeves: The return (Part 3)

it has a lot to live up to after three houses, and has fallen very far short in this initial showing

1 Like

If we’re doing film recommendations then watch the Ginger Snaps duology.

“But Cro there’s a 3rd–”

takes you out back to shoot you

3 Likes

Watching Thor: Love and Thunder.

They went way too overboard on vulgar modernity, even by MCU standards.

Watching mythological characters talk like caricatures of modern Americans just feels jarring and dissonant.

It’s like if in a Tolkien adaptation, Galadriel greeted Elrond with “Yo, wazzup?”

2 Likes

I don’t know what they’re doing with Thor Movies anymore. I have seen the one with Cate Blanchett as Hela, and honestly they just try to be too funny.

Damnit, no advance wars 1 + 2 announcements during the nintendo direct.

Depends on which characters you mean – Thor & Valkyrie have both spent quite a lot of time respectively on Earth, so they’ll have picked up some speaking habits (especially since both embraced parts of the culture in their own ways). I generally found Love and Thunder to be good, despite hearing that it flubbed the balance between comedy and seriousness.

1 Like

Am actually a lot further along in V Rising than I was last time I played.

I just played some demon hunter and this feels relatable

I have now reached level 70 in Classic

3 Likes

When you go out for iron ore and quartz but come back with 2 new V bloods.

I have iron and quartz too.

I was bitten to hell yesterday.

So itchy.

I’m not sure what FF14 patch I’m in (I’m in the Void), but so far the theme has been a repetition of me loudly saying “Oh, no. She’s hot.”

it’s true and he should say it

1 Like

Most recent.

1 Like

Fire Emblem: Sponsored By Colgate

This is appropriate, since as we all know, Crest is to blame.

Considering buying a heated|electric blanket. Might be more economically sound than turning up the heater high this coming winter perhaps.

3 Likes

Personally I am opting for setting myself on fire every night.

2 Likes

I have a weighted blanket (still a little too warm for it right now) and can highly recommend - it’s like being hugged

3 Likes