Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

Spoilers for a 7 year old show no one but us will watch

There’s a solid implication - likely as much as they could get away with - but nothing explicit.

It might actually be cheaper for velves due to the racial price reduction, but it is something I tend to do.

Need more Magical Revolutions of Reincarnated Princesses and Genius Young Ladies

Another show handicapped by its short runtime :pensive:

Yeah it’s 50 silver per piece on heirlooms with Velves

Is Oshi No Ko any good? idk if I wanna get on the hype train and watch it or not

the return of the queen of mid posting (i leveled to 60 and thats it for ynaar)

So I’m reading about Warhammer Fantasy elves, and I don’t know anything about that setting and all I have to go by is the wiki articles, but they seem… very generic?

Like… they feel like ISO Standard Pop Fantasy Elves in the three standard varieties (high, wood, dark) with nothing to distinguish them?

(Thanks at least for not making the dark elves dark-skinned, I guess)

I mean, considering how old warhammer fantasy is, they feel standard because they set the standard along with dnd.

3 Likes

It’s surprisingly solid for the most part. I was v. skeptical about it and dropped it early on, but revisited it after the anime adaptation got a banger of a YAOSOBI song for its OP.

It’s almost certainly overhyped but if you kept away from the hype you can enjoy it for what it is. The historical/real world context behind some of the adapted situations is interesting too.

There’s only one kind of elves in warhammer fantasy, the high elves - dark elves are rebel high elves who blew up half the island as they left and wood elves are high elves who protected some trees, decided to stay and got a little woody as a result

That might well be why they appear very similar, because they’re literally the same base group of people

Wood Elves gaining woody powers simply by hanging out with some trees for five minutes is pretty on brand for elves honestly.

1 Like

The Old Ones (who literally built most warhammer species) wanted people who could be malleable and use magic and some high elves went ‘hmm I wonder if I use this to cause Chaos : )’ and that’s how you get dark elves

(snicker)

2 Likes

Finishing My Love Story with Yamada-kun instead

Running through old content also gives you more transmog options. Especially if you don’t usually do pve stuff. The only drawback is the time it can take because of some npc stuff or the occasional annoying boss.
And if you don’t have a char that’s beefy enough to easily kill things just ask in this thread. People usually are up for a couple runs.

Peeve: It’s still 23 degrees.

1 Like

We have a massive thunderstorm in the UK, skill issue

2 Likes

I went outside today and didn’t turn into a lobster. Think you probably need that storm more than me.

Is it normal this time around?

I noticed the thunder this year was extremely loud compared to previous years. That’s why I’m asking

It’s not uncommon. We’ll usually get a good period of heat+sun followed by catastrophic thunderstorms for a day or so, and then it buggers off again for a few weeks.

Had a thunder clap right above me earlier. Instant lightning->thunder. Very loud, very cool.

1 Like