Pet peeves: The return (Part 4)

That’s just one of the many issues that plague how people look at Dunmer in the rp community especially, but also just the ““lore community””

every warrior a redoran, every priest an indoril, every merchant a hlaalu, etc

hey guys what do you think of my ESO character (he achieved CHIM so knows he’s in a video game)

Also, in the spirit of Telaryn’s current meme of choice that I imagine he’s bludgeoning to death in every social space he inhabits:

A taverngoer will see an adventurer and say “he cannot attract a comely dunmer maiden.”

yeah

perish

1 Like

flashbacks to the time a bunch of telvanni characters gathered to discuss how best to achieve CHIM and dismantle the false gods of the tribunal in a tavern

Next person to say CHIM is a real superpower or opening the console command IC is going to have a taste of my shoe

I have an idea for what kind of character I would find interesting (surprising nobody who knows me it would be an argonian) but I would need a character who could feasibly know absolutely nothing about anything in the world to even begin considering RP there

are they a maid perchance

they would be a necromancer called Dredges-The-Battlefield or something

1 Like

i made a really cool house dres dunmer but all people would do was make 'hehe dommy mommy slavery argonian maid???" jokes and :frowning:

hate it when I get killed by a truck and wake up as a lizard inside of the Elder Scrolls Online

3 Likes

instead i’m going to make jokes about your economy being tied to one industry like a banana republic instead of broadening your portfolio and dipping into every market like hlaalu

it’s just business

2 Likes

typical hlaalu only thinking about money instead of cooky religious beliefs and practices

The worst part of dark elves in any TTRPG or roleplay community is having to deal with the people who loooooove dark elves for an entirely different reason than someone who just wants to write a dark elf.

3 Likes

The problem is this is exactly what was being done, by my own hand no less.
Still gets rejected by the powers that be.
Denying that human social flaws cause people of low creativity to cluster together like doddering sheep in a flock is a peril one takes at their own risk.

Herding twenty people around, giving them RP toys to play with.
Storylines and plots to follow, character development.
Being the Border Collie of RP is a thankless job and when the sheep start screaming at you, fat on their own entitlement and drunk on your own works then yes, it can probably be enough to cause people to snap.

Drow kinda really are all of that though, but yeah not all dark elves are drow

1 Like

Warhammer, with a notable asterisk I will elaborate on if needed, nails dark elves - dudes so evil even the guys who literally worship the Chaos Gods are less evil than them

1 Like

I just like Dune, simple as

Also yeah Warhammer Dark Elves are pretty cool. Similarly a large amount of people into them for dubious reasons though unfortunately!!

Dudes so evil that they praise a god of war and murder whose religious iconography is a statue of him T-posing.

1 Like

I like wood elves. Unga bunga.