Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

Having finished the Book of the New Sun series and Urth of the New Sun, which I have greatly enjoyed, I went on a search for more audiobooks. I landed on Gormenghast series and having almost finished now the first book, Titus Groan, I can say I rarely met a cast of characters as bizarre as this. Frankly, it reads (or listens?) more like it was meant to he a theater play, at least whenever the characters speak.

Are you more at peace knowing things than not?

I was not in fact built different. I have joined the cubeheads.

4 Likes

Depends on the time of day, but also, do I want anxiety from the unknown or depression from the known?

1 Like

Doctors; please phone after 10:30 if call is not urgent.

Wait until after 10:30, nobody picks up.

Thanks for not telling me which place I have to go to for my fly jab (there are 2 sites) when you made me make the appointment.

Will I jinx it by saying Iā€™ve managed to avoid cubeitis? [spits three times over shoulder]

My pretty mog is at least still visible to me!

2 Likes

canā€™t imagine being a cubed up mfer tbh

2 Likes

never catch me cubed up

I made chicken noodle soup
I currently canā€™t really taste or smell much

ā€¦ well I guess here we go

2 Likes

Missed this being aimed at me because the forum is being dumb butā€“

The belf is going to Revendreth because despite saying sheā€™s over her crush on Kaelā€™thas that had her follow him to one hellā€¦ she is in fact not over that crush and will follow him to a completely different hell.

And he doesnā€™t even know she exists.

And the nelf will be Nightfae because that suits her too.

Iā€™ve been released from forum jail.

Iā€™ve been working steadily on a chapter for my book for the last six days but it feels like itā€™s been two weeks because Iā€™m just not able to get into a proper flow for it. Feels like itā€™s settling in but definitely one thatā€™s just likeā€¦ehā€¦

5 Likes

You were in forum jail?

Just for a day for my post about Shalamayne orb colours.

Either the mod was a huge Varian stan who didnā€™t like me calling him a wuss or they took me implying Wrathion being gay as homophobic instead of homophilic. If we still had forum sigs I couldā€™ve used it to denote myself as a Wrandiuin supporterā€¦

5 Likes

I was moderated overnight for talking about Xeā€™raā€™s interpersonal practices with regards to Illidan but didnā€™t get a suspension. I guess Iā€™m just built different.

1 Like

So apperently there is a hidden promo in rumble that gives you the gnome pilot as a battlepet.

I got a gnome as my pet now.

3 Likes

https://www.wowhead.com/item=199028/hornstriders-pike?bonus=1676

This should work, no?

I choose the latter, my innermost self armoured against its worst excesses. There is no bliss in ignorance.

1 Like

Yeah there is. I love blissful ignorance.

I dream every day to be bonked on the head with a hammer rip to you and your thinking but iā€™m different

so cool that wrathion is getting a lot of screen time in this leveling experience

i really hope i see more of him going forward

2 Likes