Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

Since Rogue Trader has decided to prevent me from continuing by breaking at the end of Act 3 I’ve popped back into my playstation plus library while I still have a subscription.

Started playing a game called Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising which is a cute little side-scrolling adventure RPG action collectathing.

What’s most important however is that the second party you get is an anthropomorphic kangaroo whose name is…Garoo.

They really stretched themselves with that name.

-Remembers the Priestess Nightsaber is a thing-
-Checks currency and how much a pain it is to get-

Hahahahahano.

1 Like

@CK3 nerds, check out Godherja: The Dying World, it’s a pretty nifty overhaul mod.

Don’t tell leo but his Christmas present arrived.

Wish Nexusmods would ban AI stuff, for both images and sounds. Owlcat games are getting flooded with just…trash. Disgusting.

3 Likes

Would be near impossible to enforce but I’d appreciate the gesture, yeah

At the very least an official rule against it would stop a bunch from even trying, and there’s a lot of extremely obvious cases to slap down. They might not get all of them but getting rid of 80% would be a good start.

1 Like

Such as? What constitutes trash in the mire of owlcat game mods?

For possibly the first expac ever, I’ve been able to craft bags for all my characters. Feelsgood™

Start playing Genshin again mostly to help out a cousin
Have to do a bunch of char building and catch up
Get some progress
Plan ahead with what characters to pull for in the gatcha hellscape
… and they drip market a character who’s design I actually like.
-_-
You’re not getting money from me, game.

2 Likes

I have sussed out the bug that was preventing the end of Act 3: If you promise Marazhai to help him kill the Archon and then proceed to simply not bring him, the gate never opens because the cinematic doesn’t trigger.

Bring him along, problem solved.

You’d think a Dark Eldar would appreciate the exquisite torture of promising them something only to deny it but I guess hypocrisy is a typical elf trait, even when they’re space elves.

Next time I’ll just shoot him in the head.

https://www.nexusmods.com/warhammer40kroguetrader

Just look for yourself. ‘Art’ in only the loosest of senses.

I’d legitimately straight up prefer anime portrait packs over the AI nonsense. At least they’re honest.

WotR (and BG3, for that matter) also has a whole bunch of AI voice packs

1 Like

That and just straight-up stealing voice lines from other games/shows

at least they crack down on the really egregious raceswap nonsense, and allow the objectively funny mods like Handsome Minthara that turns her into Muscle Chad

Ah, I had the same problem but with Yrilet - not sure the game has coded more than one ‘essential companion’ so having to bring two but choosing not to bring one of them breaks things

1 Like

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Commander_Tharbek

While this Tharbek is from the Warsong clan, the main-universe Tharbek was from the Blackrock clan.

Oddly enough, his model is of a Dragonmaw orc.

Blizzard can’t even make a cameo without contradicting themselves in two different and mutually exclusive ways.

3 Likes

I’m glad that levelling dungeons are really not that hard, and that PUGs can just kind of faceroll them tbqh.

Because, good lord, as a levelling Tank I would likely have committed crimes to the number of non-tanks trying to pace-set, pull ads, or do stupid stuff before bosses were ready to be engaged.
At least Prot Warrior rotation around level 32 is simple as pie, so I can dedicate the rest of my brain to keeping eyes on stalks to watch the next batch of shenanigans…

(More fuel to prevent my dumb rear-end from making a Healer…)

1 Like

Weird sleep patterns continue, I’m having eye twitches.

2 Likes

i got a 24h silence and idk what for

Think your uncle wanted a break?

I simply cannot let go of the fact that the dragon isles centaur look very… off. The general animation, faces and even the way their top knots bend make their models look as though they were made a good while ago for use in a different expansion.

probably too much posting about what you can do with companions in bg3 and how many at a time

the mods are prudes

3 Likes

Well, this is an American game
And the moderation guideline probably leans heavily towards American rule sets…

1 Like