Pet peeves: The return (Part 5)

because if she can’t handle who at it’s slitheen, she doesn’t deserve it at it’s weeping angels

4 Likes

It’s meatball day.

I’m pretty sure it’s Tuesday. Have you remembered to take your meds, grandma?

Meatballday, named after the great norse god Méeyetbawl, god of hypotheticals and cattle rearing.

3 Likes

what colour is night elf blood please

lime green

The same colour as that hideous dress Loras wears.

It was originally purple in WC3. It’s since been soft-retconned to red.

Orcs had reddish-black blood, referenced likewise in WC3 with Daelin (“Death to the Blackbloods!”) and the Power of the Horde song (“Born of black blood, honor, and steel.”)

It has likewise since been retconned to just be red.

1 Like

Interesting. Is there a source somewhere for this?

You getting hit ingame.

They also outright forgot draenei blood is blue in WoD so…

You’re not getting any meatballs.

Wouldn’t know, I never get hit :sunglasses:

1 Like

Your eyes :sunglasses:

They never came out and said it, Loreology tweeted a decade or so ago that it was inconsistent and he presumed red, but since then the depictions have all been red iirc.

Go kill a Night Elf and see what colour they bleed for yourself…

I’m always looking at my second monitor when I play. I haven’t actually seen World of Warcraft in 10 years.

Purple in WC3, red in WoW. Like Levey said, you see it in game visuals.

my headcanon now is that their blood was purple as a result of the immortality afforded to them from nordrassil and, now that they are mortal their blood is red.

but akamito, i hear you say, what about frozen throne?

it took a while to work the purple out of their system

1 Like

But a very dark red, right? Darker than human blood, at any rate.

Nah that’s just because injured orcs (villains) are always somehow stood under dark villain lighting, while uninjured orcs (good guys) aren’t bleeding at all and get to stand under proper light sources.

More seriously my brain’s coming up short on where you see orcs bleeding in any moderately high quality cinematics.

Like even in the MoP one
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1sLn4shUgk4/maxresdefault.jpg
not a scratch on him

orcs are genuinely just built different

Orcs don’t bleed, they just decided not to and find it weird that everyone else still does