Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

The reason why I hate roaming cats just reared it’s head.
The crow family that lives in the nearby trees were gathered because a neighbour had put some bread out, they were taking it in turns getting a bit.
Cat runs straight through and grabs one of the young ones.
Wanted to kick it.
The crows manage to not use my garden as a toilet constantly.

Tasty treat + skill issue

Okay.

If I can actually hold off Germany ( if I decide to stay in Holland) or if I manage to actually conquer Japan ( I always seem to run out of supply somehow, though I can often screw up their offensive south by plopping the sea around the Dutch East Indies and Philippines full of submarines).

I’d especially love to try and defeat Germany as monarchist Netherlands because then I can end up causing a civil war in Germany where the Kaiser attempts to drive out the mustacheman.

1 Like

stop them from zerg rushing stalingard and you’re fine

Tbh, they never get to zerg rushing Stalingrad if you hold on as the Netherlands, they just keep throwing everything against you :frowning:

German AI seems fully capable of fighting a multi front war without much issue except when they absolutely implode. Depends on the dlcs you have, I guess.

Related, but in my experience, bolstering resistance movements isn’t very useful at all unless playing as a uniquely kitted nation to make it worse for the occupier (france, poland). Baseline minor nation resistance is just squished by AI using military governors.

I got em all ( managed to find most for relatively cheap on another site, not through steam cause then it’ll cost arm and leg, but no mods). Haven’t tried the Netherlands on the new one yet though.

When I try and hold the mainland, I often just go with a standard infantry division ( 3 by 3, support company, field hospital, support artillery, support anti-air).

Problem is, the Netherlands starts with some -very- annoying debuffs , namely 50% reduced construction speed and no recruitable population, and I just seem to struggle to get it all ready in time. It does not help that the damn Zuiderzee focus is like 235 days or so.

Made a presentation about FFXIV as Sindarin homework, now my teacher is curious (even more so than he was) and wants to play the game :slight_smile:

https://lintian.eu/files/ffxiv.pdf

(no spoilers)

I was about to complain about the thunderstorms we’re currently having (only a little, praise Thor) but then I realised that heavy rain broken up with sunny spells is prime rainbow weather

gays can’t stop winning

4 Likes

The garden is loving it.

1 Like

Weather alert: Storms in the UK!

Except where Vaxir lives because he never gets anything like that :slight_smile:

Summer?
What’s a ‘Summer’? :unamused:

1 Like

it’s what happens when the rain gets warmer

6 Likes

A prelude to the hell that is climate changed autumn.

Taking the pee out of the cat whining.

1 Like

my honest 8 hours later reaction
(152) Dwarven Music - YouTube

1 Like

I saw a belf mix the scarlet crusade pally head piece from doing landfall with the heritage set and was like; “that actually looks kinda okay?”

Gods help me.

(I have a paladin who will get it all eventually in remix)

Ever just feel

4 Likes

“Overmorrow” is an archaic term that refers to the day after tomorrow. It is rarely used in modern English, as the more common term is simply “the day after tomorrow.”

okay but what idiot decided to retire “Overmorrow” when it’s way easier to say than the alternative.

Gonna bring it back.

5 Likes

Watched The Batman (Battinson)
Was very enjoyable
Please more of this kind of Batman, thanks

But I would like my body to stop trying to fight me, I’m not trying to fight it, so what gives? Why is it angry?

Ereyesterday = Day before yesterday

Please make these two come back in some form
English is like the one language in this entire area that doesn’t have dedicated words for these things and instead insists on basically half a sentence of words

4 Likes