Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

We do not speak of those, they do not exist if I don’t accept that they exist

2 Likes

Do i just reroll all my characters who are 50 or below into timerunners just to get them to 70 fast?

I also got the Sha enchant and i love it, just my sha panda already has a pretty sha-ified weapon that goes with her set.

EDIT: that cat is having a moment.

I have zero interest in playing devil path. Very stinky, as it requires you to either be the worst azata ever or play aeon (worst mythic path by far)

1 Like

I’m mainly playing it to see how it is+collect achievements.

When I normally play, I will either go Lich if I want to be spicy, or otherwise Angel. Devil, Dragon and Azata are the last I still need to actually play.

(I technically also need to finish swarm. I stopped after unlocking it).

It’s definitely the worst in terms of power, but the true aeon path and ending is extremely cool, plenty of tragedy and comedy

going to go ‘:nerd_face: um actually no drezen never fell’ to the linear passage of time is extremely funny

1 Like

While I didn’t enjoy Trickster as much as I wanted(It was alot more “lolrandom” 2006 humor over being an actually calculating mischief maker) I did really like how you could flat out retcon your own death and throw out the entire book with the ending(and majorly annoy Pharasma).

personally I’d put swarm down there worse than Aeon. Aeon had some really big “power fantasy” moments, it just kinda sucked the stuff you had to do to get there.

Angel’s undoubtedly my favourite, though Demon->Legend’s pretty neat, if only for the unique Arue dialogue when you go Legend.

Trickster desperately needed Nurah as a path-unique party member but still ranks pretty highly for me, especially with its ending slides.

1 Like

I’d put Lich and Angel as my top favourites out of what I played.

Swarm is probably also the worst for me. Aeon is low too along with Golden Dragon.

Swarm is good because it’s the ‘what if I became the real bad guy’ path, satisfying to do once or so. I found aeon really grating because of how arbitrary it felt.

Trickster was fun once but I don’t have much interest in ever doing a rerun with it, because it’s a bit too memey. If it was a protean mythic path, that’d be tasty.

1 Like

Telling me to kick out and judge Arue was kinda of a dealbreaker for me.

It’s the Act 4 plot that really torpedoed it for me.

1 Like

It’s 100% arbitrary, and Aeon’s/Monad’s will tell you that it’s because they’re objectively right, so they’re allowed to be arbitrary. I think they’re full of :poop: myself. If they were so correct then Deskari wouldn’t have owned one at the start of the game.

I dunno, demon/lich kinda filled that hole for me already.

Didn’t really need another Chaotic Evil path on top of Demon. I’d happily have dropped it to get more effort put into Devil/Gold Dragon or a more spirit-y druid-y mythic path

1 Like

I can kinda see what they wanted to go for, with the whole “Different realms have different laws and rules”, but yeah I didn’t vibe with it well and didn’t like how they did it.

You just don’t appreciate fine cuisine

1 Like

I found an apocalyptic threat and decided to handle it by becoming even worse

1 Like

Deskari can’t eat you if I eat him (and you) first

1 Like

Mostly I don’t appreciate the…art that’s come about as a result of the Swarm path.

I haven’t seen any such art but now I’m intrigued

To be fair, and as Elenthas said too, Lich is up there as that kind of threat too.

KC lich can be an absolute monster. First time I played it, it ended with with the ending slider telling me that all neighboring nations declared me, directly, as the target of the 6th Crusade.

The only paths I’ve found myself replaying are Angel and Azata, honestly. I don’t generally like playing evil, and the ‘fighting-fire-with-fire’ justification sorta gets thrown out with Act 5.

1 Like