Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

You can until you can’t, if that makes sense. Like, what happens behind closed doors isn’t any of my business and I make no effort to personally look for it. I’m not endorsing everything that may or may not happen in private, but it’d be a massive overreach of privacy to LARP as an all-seeing eye in the sky…
but there’s a lot of people in the fandom, who, for whatever reason, really don’t understand boundaries. The sorts that will just openly state what they’re into to anyone who’ll give them the time of day, or send NSFW art unprompted, or will act like you’re the strange one for not supporting their outward approach to sexuality and fetishes. Like, it’s whatever to be weird - go be weird, for the most part - but then it’s almost expected that you are to endorse every bit of wierdness you find a stranger doing and it’s like

Buddy I just want to hug the werewolf, slow down a bit.

4 Likes

Exactly. Sex isn’t (or shouldn’t be) a taboo, that notion is seriously outdated. That doesn’t mean we should normalise yelling about it during Sunday Mass or at the grocery store, but in communities of likeminded adults, on platforms where NSFW content is permissible? They are doing nothing inherently wrong, whatsoever.

1 Like

I’d chalk up most of this to that its generally people(often younger), that’s had issues with social norms in general. Often due to bullying or in some cases being neurodivergent. Or both.

There are better ways to help people like this than shunning them and further bullying in my opinion.

But I get what you mean.

1 Like

I think a lot of people’s negative perception of furries is based entirely on how the only times they see anything related to them or that particular community is when some guy with throbbing drawn animal bits for a profile picture responds to something in a twitter thread or you accidentally click on a profile and there’s a wolfman in stinky diapers suddenly staring at them

it’s the same reason people laugh at ‘foot guys’ - people generally only run into that being a thing in ways that are both unpleasant and kind of funny to suddenly run into

1 Like

On average, I think most people are already aware of this. And it does a disservice to assume that queer people, furries or others that diverge from the “norm” are incapable of understanding basic social behavior. But that is also often intentional, to paint them as badly as possible.

The people who do lack this sort of understanding would behave like this even if they were 100% straight and vanilla.

2 Likes

idk why but this reminded me of when someone I knew met a random guy at a comic con, they got chatting, I sat next to them like meh, idk what they’re on about, then all I heard was–

I LOVE insert word for liking animals too much here TOO!!!

I had to unfollow them on tumblr because after that they started sharing Imagery. We do not talk these days.

They weren’t even furries. I like furries. They’re fun.

This person was not.

5 Likes

There probably are! However, uh…
Like I’ve had someone, out of the blue, just try to normalize their diaper fetish to me and it’s like

No I’m absolutely going to shun you for that, I don’t know you, I don’t like this, and this whole interaction has made my day slightly worse LMAO

3 Likes

Honestly, the people online who I most frequently experience having a poor grasp or outright ignorance of etiquette and social boundaries were cis/het men. Does that mean I’m going to go on regular tirades about how cis/hets are immoral? No that’s weirdchamp.

3 Likes

You should

3 Likes

these people also get mocked for the behaviour they display outside of their own circles, generally

like, dudes sending inappropriate pictures or asking for them is far too common but also widely ridiculed

2 Likes

Honestly same.

Ask any girl that’s gotten unwarranted pics(you know the ones), even if you have never interacted with said person before.

Or just very inappropriate random messages.

2 Likes

No. Let’s not sink to the haters’ level.

I am hereby issueing a formal apology to all who saw the AI-generated “worgen eating spaghetti” prompt from several years ago.

I am very glad I never saw whatever that is.

I’ve no idea what this refers to but I’m filled with an impending, terrible sense of unease and dread

1 Like

Of course, don’t get me wrong. I’m just making a general point about how “deviancy” isn’t something exclusive to queer or queer-adjacent communities. It’s just something that humans do.

Human and dolphins, rather. I’ve read some disturbing facts about dolphins.

4 Likes

I lied, I’m not sorry.
https://i.gyazo.com/3cb4296b755be1e19d94f668f7149516.png

Okay I’m a little sorry but I did also post Hearthstone feet pics for the second time in my forum history yesterday so I think any expectations placed upon me should probably be cast off.

1 Like

All I know is that I’d fail the Voight-Kampff.

im not a foot guy but i liked the hearthstone feet pics better, i think

all my homies HATE dolphins

I say with full confidence that probably everyone present has some kind of thing they really like that everyone else would either find a little weird or also enjoy.