Pet peeves: The return (Part 6)

I think people generally expect that something will be done with their vote/that they will be heard, at least collectively, which I don’t think is a wrong expectation to have (it’s the intent behind the system, after all!). That’s not happening in many cases, or at the very least many people feel like they aren’t being heard - those sort of projects can help but they’re not really getting non-stakeholders invested in them unfortunately

Yeah, I think a lot of modern societal issues stem from how highly individualised everything and everyone’s become. In part this is a mentality thing, otherwise also a means thing - like you said, too many people need to work too much to even be able to go do a ‘Colin Robbinson visits the Staten Island Community Council’ bit!

Initial tests with this in northern Italy were very fruitful iirc, it’s been a while since I last read the research findings on that but it looked very promising so I can only agree!

2 Likes

Probably still better than Truss, and doesn’t need to be paid after resignation.

a machine cannot find out

therefore a machine must not be allowed to f around

5 Likes

do you think the AI’s graphics card, forced to generate countless tides of AI slop ‘art’, would outlive a lettuce or not

1 Like

Speaking of, my corpo (which makes a big fuss about “environmentally friendly”, “Net zero by 2031”) is also hard pushing genAI ‘assistance’ for people and the ‘potential of AI’.

Classic corpo double speak :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probs gonna reroll my panda priest after I’ve finished the pally/rogue/druid I left for the lock.

I think rerolling my 50s and under will get them to 70 pretty quick.

My employer’s banned everyone from using AI for anything professionally, godspeed :saluting_face:

4 Likes

“We’re trying for a baby!”

Great, thanks, I really did not need to know how active you are being in bed.
But, no no, it’s the LGBTQ+ who’re the ‘weird’ ones, right? :roll_eyes:
(Not me having to endure a ramble from a co-worker about how ‘Oh, you might want kids eventually’. My partner is on the ‘HELL no’ scale for children, and I’m really not interested)

1 Like

I mean, there’s nothing wrong with a couple saying they’re trying for a child. It’s the hypocrisy that’s wrong.

4 Likes

Oh, f’sure. I think that’s what bugs me about people treating Furries like an easy target. Most are fine. Most I’ve seen have also been very active in throwing -philes and fash in the bin where they belong.

They’re no different from any other fandom or group or subculture, honestly. ‘Spiders Georg’ rules apply.

Someone needs to find him and stop him from eating so many spoiders

1 Like

how? by cutting him open, thus unleashing all the spiders?

think it through

1 Like

:fire: :man: :fire:

I saw a meme about this a while ago comparing the safe way to say this(We’re trying for a baby) and the very NSFW version.

I am absolutely unable to share it here because it is very NSFW but I found it sort of amusing because yeah, thats the implication anyway.

1 Like

that’s how you get lava arachnaroks.

do you want lava arachnaroks?

because that’s how you get lava arachnaroks

(warhammer big spiders, don’t google them blind)

2 Likes

A lot of people are really into roleplaying ‘trying for a baby’ (…that’s the associated type of vocabulary that was being used for this NSFW description, I assume…)

1 Like

Yep, you are fully correct.

I can’t believe people would sully the good name of a breeding kink by actually getting a baby out of it smh my head

4 Likes

For some reason this gave me a vivid flashback to that old kids show “Grizzly Tales for Gruesome kids” and the episode in which a kid kills a spider and all her ghost children(in the thousands) begin to live and build webs inside the kids body as punishment).

breeding kink mfers when it’s time to change the child’s nappies out there feeling so thoroughly betrayed

2 Likes