Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

I’m in too much pain to sleep so I’m just going to be destructive.

The new Spiritborn class in Diablo 4 looks like the sort of shadow hunter vibes we’ve been wanting for years. Just a shame it’s in Diablo instead of WoW.

Also the inclusion of a centipede spirit? Very cool+unusual.

1 Like

So, in Dragon Age: Origins, there is a really strong demon called Gaxkang. He is part of a group of demons that show up throughout the entire Dragon Age franchise , one in each so far.

Now, fighting Gaxkang, he has two modes, Revenant and Arcane Horror.

Revenant is his melee mode where he does sweeping damage to the party.

Arcane horror lives up to it’s name as he just fires off spells aswell as self-heals, and it’s extremely frustrating to deal with.

Bastard killed me for two hours straight until finally, I found a way to deal with him.

As my tank, I brought in Shale, who was pretty well geared with Flawless Crystals ( one tier below the best I believe) so she was pretty strong.

But my ultimate and unexpected ace-in-the-hole turned out to be Wynne , my healer. Turned out the Creation tree had something very handy to deal with the situation.

Glyph of Neutralisation: The caster inscribes a glyph on the ground that neutralizes all magic, dispels all effects, drains all mana, and prevents spellcasting or mana regeneration within its bounds.

So suddenly mr spellcaster was all helpless, and with Shale’s magnificent health aswell as Wynne’s healing, I managed to suddenly turbo him down with ease.

1 Like

Wynne stands for winning
Get your old people companion fanclub memebership now for 50% off
Keep up with all the latest news about Emmrich

3 Likes

She’s like 50, stolen valour

1 Like

In media you’re officially nearing “old” when you get past 40. Sorry.

I was on the train going into London and hear 3 girls, one saying to the other; “you’re 19 in september you’re well old.”

First of all-- rude

2nd of all-- my cat is older than you all, shut up.

5 Likes

40 MND.

Time to go back to levelling int and faith.

I have started the DLC now.

1 Like

Did you know he’s actually a reference to a Baldur’s Gate 2 enemy called Kangaxx the Lich, who was also extremely strong and required extremely specific tactics to beat?

Now you do!

1 Like

I’m afraid to say that Kingdom Hearts 2 yet again did not keep my interest. Instead I have returned to Dragon Quest 11 to continue my playthrough.

1 Like

You don’t often enough.

Anime cliffhangers out here destroying my life, maaaan ._.

people that are mad at people like me that don’t enjoy 30C with a heat/humidity combo that makes it difficult to breathe when doing anything close to exercise because ‘we’ve had “bad” weather for so long, enjoy the actually nice good weather!!’ —> please shut up

8 Likes

“Oh, finally we get to enjoy the nice weather”

perish.

3 Likes

mfers spend all year complaining about the weather, then get mad when someone else does because they personally enjoy being steamed like they’re some piece of slightly expensive meat at a vaguely fancy restaurant

Joke’s on them because I complain about the weather all year 'round

4 Likes

I’ve taken to being as happy as they are about this kind of weather about it being around 14C and raining instead

this is the way we do it

2 Likes

Absolutely straight-faced, we USED to have milder weather.

Sure, it still swung back and forth; I remember snowy winters plenty as a kid.
But we did NOT have such scitzophrenic summers or mild yet stormy as heck winters.

And it’s always more humid than the likes of the Yanks get, shut UP, I do not care about Muh Texas Heat. They have AC. We do not. Expire, post haste.

1 Like

The weather was humid in London.

But the bar we went to had AC and after a while, you’re freezing.