Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

The American sunbelt only really “boomed” after the advent of air conditioning.

1 Like

Sometimes you have to put a lot of thought into a character’s name, design, abilities, etc.

And sometimes you can make Christoph Scissorman, a guy who fights with a giant pair of scissors.

2 Likes

please help i am melting into a puddle

also, 5E armour of vulnerability is weird and dumb. it turns out that if you attune to it, then cast remove curse on yourself then it just becomes platemail with a damage resistance attached, because the vulnerability isn’t tied to the armour it’s a curse on you

(and it’s not clear if you even need to attune to it, the description says ‘requires attunement’ but the resistance is just 'while wearing the armour)

“Without becoming attuned to an item that requires attunement, a creature gains only its nonmagical benefits, unless its description states otherwise. For example, a magic shield that requires attunement provides the benefits of a normal shield to a creature not attuned to it, but none of its magical properties.”

DMG 138

that does make sense

my complaint that armour of vulnerability is an armour of resistance that causes you to bug your DM until a scroll of remove curse falls out of a bandit stands however

Generally cursed items in D&D kinda suck and are boring because Remove Curse is one long rest away from any 5th+ level cleric or 9th+ level paladin, so assuming you have a divine caster, it’s only ever going to last a day as something you’re locked into.

Also Remove Curse breaks the attunement (negating the benefit), and re-attuning it gets the curse back. Can’t use it as an armour of resistance without accepting the penalty.

Not this one :3

the curse is very specifically on you, not the armour, and lasts until you are remove cursed - taking off the armour doesn’t remove the vulnerabilities.

you target yourself, not the armour, with remove curse, the curse ends but the attunement stays

I throw you in the river for being pedantic about exact text instead of what is clearly the intention.

Trick is to homebrew Remove Curse to only counter Bestow Curse. Those two are actually comparable to eachother.

i have the power of god and jeremy crawford on my side

aaaaAAAAAAAA

has he decided how shield master works yet because he’s given two contradictory rulings on it

he is simply correct when it benefits me and incorrect when I am inconvenienced

Dawntrail Final Zone thoughts

i hate this zone i hate this zone, first poor Otis who is absolutely not Steiner who looks kinda like a Manderville and now Kriles parents. i thought this was a holiday expansion these feelings are kicking mY BUTT.

I put Aerial together today after having it on my shelf for months+months+months and I’m pretty sure I put the knees on backwards but it’s okay she still stands up.

2 Likes

Spearhead: big fun

i stand in solidarity with my lalafell homies

I survived 8km of way too warm weather
Not even the moon is helping as it currently is large and mildly orange like some cosplayer

7 Likes

certified as 100% true by Real Nagash Patriots

reached the final trial for DT bros

im here to delete my nft collection and i refuse to elaborate

I read it on his page on the dragon age wiki, but did not know before that no!