Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

my only purpose here is to kill. i require straightforward instructions, anything more than that goes in one ear and out the other

i did finally find a challenge that i could not meet in the evergoal on that moonlit rise. there’s an assassin in there that ruined me multiple times and i have determined that i need more smithing stones because i was barely doing any damage to him

That’s odd… because I’ve found after the Astel fight you can’t actually progress to the Cathedral unless you have the Darkmoon Ring? There’s usually a blue forcewall with the Carian crest on it if you (like me the past two times) forgot to get the ring.

Edit: also, yeah, don’t feel about Alecto being a tough fight. She hits like a truck and moves like lightning. Destined Death attacks are no joke, either.
She’s weak to stagger/poke damage though. And frostbite.

Could be. I had the ring because I was following a questline guide, I was mainly lamenting the fact that not knowing what the key that Ranni gives you is for and would restrict you from continuing her questline unless you found it is weird design.

But perhaps I’m just not used to this style of questing.

This part caught me off guard because I can usually hit trade pretty efficiently with most enemies which is how I’ve been doing so well to this point. But she hits incredibly hard and takes very little damage from me. A fight for later then.

1 Like

Peeve: the apprenticeship I do alongside/as part of work is such a pain in the :peach:, especially since they tacked on this ‘End Point Assessment’ that previous gen folks didn’t have to do.

I do not see in the slightest how it adds value, skills or anything other than being Repeated Work (I already DID the NVQ paperwork) and being a massive mental and emotional drain and waste of my time.
This may be a ‘Undiagnosed Not-Neurotypical’ me problem, but that also doesn’t help in the slightest… ._.

Apparently prospective employers don’t appreciate this answer

3 Likes

My employer is a lady I met at a campfire. I don’t know anything about her apart from her name and she wants to go to the erdtree.

2 Likes

If only it were that easy in real life.

3 Likes

in Starmers Britain…

1 Like

I mean, I’ve made RL friends with quite a few people I met at campfires…

(None of them became my employers, though)

1 Like

If it helps you decide (it did for me) Conduit of the Celestials Hero Tree basically sold me on maining Monk this expansion because it makes it so that the Celestials are regularly summoned to help you in your normal rotation. Kicks/defensives summon Niuzao, Xuen is summoned by general stuff like tigers paw/fists of fury iirc., chi-ji is summoned by mobility (as well as healing) and Yu-Lon is summoned by Cooldowns (alongside healing).

At least not yet.

1 Like

I play her as Brewmaster so I’d be either Shado-pan or Master of Harmony.

Why do I play her as brewmaster? Because dwarf, and also because I love being able to have my staff sit on my shoulder. Immaculate vibes.

2 Likes

One almost became my student, if that counts.

It was a guy sitting on a log in the forest. Our conversation (in which, among other things, we touched what constitutes magic and miracles, the science of the origin of life, and lesbians) ended up with me agreeing to teach him Java remotely.

This didn’t happen. Next time, I found him on the same log pitiful and taking drugs. He offered me some, but I refused and expressed disgust at him.

He cut contact with me afterwards. On the verge of tears he said he needed to take a break from everything and rethink his life.

you have the most interesting life

2 Likes

You mean I could’ve ghostflamed her butt all this time?!

Rippling Halberd suffers that it will only do damage if its buffed and you don’t have TIME to keep buffing it against her.

I am patient and can do that fight doing very little damage, but i am not THAt patient.

1 Like

If I make my claymore frosty would that do the trick

1 Like

Could anyone with computer brain for Windows 11 explain this to me:

Whenever I play games that take up full screen, every few minutes I get a ‘computer automatic shutdown started’ sorta audio message. How do I make this stop

still not sure what to play in WW either
I want the rogue raid set but that’s all I know so far

Scream about how Win11 is terrible
What’s the behaviour exactly?

same :pensive: arcane mage and balance druid are leading for me atm

we are all playing dwarves

sorry

2 Likes