Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

ah, a gold wizard my mistake

2 Likes

To be honest though I don’t think I’ve ever loathed AI more in a singular moment than that to date

Introduce/mention a fun little fact about the history of something I’m passionate about, that others know I’m passionate about, it’s a tidbit people really do enjoy and laugh about and then oh, oops, what if I made a bunch of AI slop based on that notion and that’s funnier now, it really feels like the embodiment of most things awful about it all

2 Likes

Most people who seem to actually like the LLM stuff seem to be okay with the overly instagrammed style… or pixar
it’s all very plastic looking

Make some cool NPCs that are extremely AI unfriendly (multiple eyes placed in a very specific manner, multiple arms and likes to cross them, …)

1 Like

It disgusts me!

There is plenty of mutant horror fuel that awaits the group, without a doubt :sunglasses: (…but not of the generative AI mishap kind!)

1 Like

Only DougDoug specifically is allowed to use AI things, because he managed to create an entire D&D oneshot campaign using solely AI characters talking to one another (and doesn’t use art except for I believe the adobe? one that specifically has the rights to use all its art)

(and his voices are usually just him doing an impression or former US president Gerald Ford, who is notable for being the only president who never won an election)

Also Skulker, from Russianbadger’s (all American) gang of misfits.

1. Too chaotic to be inherently evil
  2. Only uses it to bully other members of the gang and make them say out of pocket stuff

Edit: But, no, seriously, it’s a horrendously wasteful thing and, ultimately, we Do Not Need It.

1 Like

I like my things tidy damnit.

1 Like

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c51yvz51k2xo

coldest summer for the rest of your life btw :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the one cool thing about 'haha yeah i could do with some global warming :sunglasses: ’ mfers is that they will suffer from more downpour all summer long at the least

1 Like

i am ready to regularly and loudly praise Thor

1 Like

I think I have reached the point with AI art that, especially with the Gemini art pieces, you can 100% tell it’s made by gemini.

The anatomical correctness has gotten better and the proportions etc, and for all intents and purposes the pictures actually look quite nice.

However, it has lost the “wow thats kind of cool that a computer can do that!” over the past month or so, and I find myself craving human made art.

I do not want a hot October!

I got to dress up for expo and if its stifling I am going to be a very unhappy forest deity.

EDIT: Also I don’t want it to be hot period because I’d feel bad locking an ancient cat in my apartment with no windows open because I don’t live in a safe area.

https://x.com/mun_nwi_/status/1816472916684664908

2 Likes

sitting here at 1am staring at the ceiling listening to the jp version of melodies of life understanding it word for word. cant tell if this is a low or high point of my life.

Going back to Alecto with Morgott’s sword instead of Rippling Halberd and dealing with her easily because it hits for more damage.

I am basically doing a full clear of all the areas on dragocat because I basically rushed around to unlock certain things.

1 Like

I had a dream that a human and a goblin became priests of Elune, and there was confusion about which of the goblin’s claimed divine miracles (darkvision, invisibility, and flight) were actually divine miracles of Elune, and which were powered by technology.

IIRC, the goblin also tried to run a Ponzi scheme on his congregation.

2 Likes

this is literally how i look at my desk all day at work

kids woke me up at 5am today and didn’t want to go back to sleep. long day ahead

also, ranni went to space or something. i have no idea what her motivations are so idk if helping her has been a good endeavour or not

1 Like

Ranni’s goal is revolution, seeking to remove the influence of gods so that man can make their own choices and determine their own fates.

Personally I think her ending is the ‘best’ one. No big surprise I’m a fan of the Edelgard-archetype of the game though.

1 Like

cool because that is very unclear from her dialogue which was impossible to decipher and felt vaguely threatening

i have to use a guide to do her questline because how was i supposed to know that finding her body in a cave under a church wasn’t the end of it and actually there was an item in a chest in the academy that i needed to open and give the item to her

???

in WoW related news. i’m not sure what i want to main for War Within, but i’m leaning towards dwarf and might revive my long slept on dwarf monk

1 Like

A true simp consort of the Dark Moon would have intuited it naturally.