Pet peeves: The return (Part 7)

The most predictable people in the world (Erdogan, orange man and others like them) are throwing temper tantrums over the OS opening featuring a few dancers in drag.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, the reenactment of the feast of Dionysus.

… you’d think “Christians” would be able to see where they stole their imagery from.

4 Likes

Critically, you’d think they would understand that Leonardo daVinci’s depiction of the final supper is not, in fact, a part of Biblical canon or anything close to it

2 Likes

I leave for just three weeks, and this is what they were doing while I was gone?

Wth, I was expecting new server drama and a few character deaths, not…this.

Damn, I read the DaVinci Code not that long ago…

watching the arcadion savage world first race and seeing the 4th boss’s transition
“this was made for the sapphics I think.”

1 Like

I had to google to find it, but damn. FFXIV are really hitting a home run this expansion when it comes to sheer joy for the WlW playerbase.

I love her.

2 Likes

Most expansions have been a goldmine for the yaoi enjoyers but this ones definetly for the girls

1 Like

Yes it’s boring.
But also jarring.

1 Like

(37) “Answers” with Official Lyrics (ARR Main Theme Song) | Final Fantasy XIV - YouTube

reminder this is still one of the hardest things in gaming

I got once again stuck on the Cybperunk 2077 soundtrack like a fly on flypaper.

4 Likes

Recovering after long-term physical and mental exhaustion felt weird. It was like I was waking up after a long slumber, but part by part.

Once in a while, as I lay down, some sensation that I long stopped paying mind to — smell, touch, sense of heat, pulse in a particular body part, some visual or sound stimulus, and so on, — would suddenly become hypercharged. The sound of the washing machine spinning became deafening, walking got me dizzy because suddenly I was seeing so much detail that it was overwhelming, putting on a hat felt like TAKE THIS CONSTRICTING THING OFF RIGHT NOW BEFORE IT CRUSHES MY SKULL.

Then, after a couple of days, the sensation would get back to normal, and the process would repeat with some other one.

Things seem to have settled down by now, thankfully. Mostly. I woke up feeling a pulse in the right side of my chest, more strongly than the left, and I was like… come on, I know my heart isn’t there, so that’s some neural shenanigans going on.

9 Likes

elden ring having a mini boss at the end of the cave that spends the entire fight in stealth and backstabs you is very cheap

i was able to kind of follow it’s footsteps in the water but it didn’t really help me catch him before he got me. in the end i had to use my mimic tear to bait him out and then attack him before he dropped back into stealth

There’s a specific torch you can pick up/buy around Leyndell that helps with that.

As a heads up; you may run into the Women Who Like To Stab you again in future :grimacing:

Edit: also, did you find the other boss in that cave?

Look it would be considered grossly out of character for me not to say anything here

9 Likes

Fair and entirely valid, honestly.

Yes. it is dead.

The necromancer and his pet snail.

1 Like

The sensory stuff that bodies can come up with is so damn weird. When my anxiety issues spike it’s a dice roll of “what funky thing is going to be felt this time?”

Keep an eye on it, this stuff likes to hide in corners and does sneak attacks.

I like them
They look cool
They’re effective
We support women’s rights and wrongs

3 Likes

Also a funny bug: If you toggle off shadow form mid flight, you get dismounted.

And when you mount back, it changes your flight from stesdy flight to skyriding and vice versa.

True actually.

1 Like