Pet peeves: The return (Part 8)

that was the dragonflight codex not chronicles

chronicles IV was the one where they weirdly did time compression on BfA so that the entirety of the Alliance 8.0 and 8.1 quests occur before the Horde rescued Talanji and Zul from Stormwind.

also they “solved” Zekhan showing up for no reason in Redridge by instead having Sylvanas dispatch him there…for no reason.

1 Like

ya mon, sylvanas and lor’themar be sayin i need to steal de technology to write without ma accent from de humans of redridge, because [insert rant about goblins being greedy and big-nosed]

god exploring kalimdor was attrocious in every single way

4 Likes

I mean nobody is perfect.

I for one cannot stand the incel made manifest.

Cannot stand jaina either and its effecting my enjoyment of OTHER GAMES when i hear Laura Bailey’s voice.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stzC4Kh-CY

teeth grinding intensifies

Like-- no hate towards Laura Bailey herself, girl’s got to eat. I am just so very tired of Jaina Freaking Proudmore in this damned game.

I’m supposed to be playing Resident Evil 6 with a friend and we chose the Leon campaign and its literally Laura Bailey and Matt Mercer and i have to grit my teeth when either talk.

Kind of tired of her generally honestly, same with Steve Blume and… whoever the other guy is, he’s in metal gear, plays Thanon in swtor. It’s not -them-. They’re competent voice actors. It’s that they’re asked or choose to use the exact same performance every. damn. time.

Like in comparison to liam o’brien, who you can always identify, he at least -tries- to change the tone, inflection, pronunciation, speed, something to make it different.

I don’t mind Jaina but yeah Laura Bailey feels like she’s everywhere all the time and she kind of sounds similar every time, it’s basically like Troy Baker who was in everything all the time as well

On the other hand, it does mean that when you listen to Kainé you can imagine it’s Jaina just absolutely losing her :poop:

2 Likes

Give him some props, he sold it as Gul’dan.

I can recall maybe one time when i didn’t immediately clock it was Laura Bailey and that was when she was playing Rise in persona 4. No shade on Laura but shes one of those vas without a lot of range.

Arguably the one wow va i came to like more since she stopped doing her main wow role was Sylvanas’s, Patty Mattsion. Partly because shes getting to flex her range and its pretty impressive. Never clocked her as the type that could sell an orc, a squeaky voiced high elf, a gacha loli or a canadian bear woman but she can do it.

One of the PC voices in saints row 3 and 4 as well

That clip Elenthas posted is using the Saints Row voice over apparently.

Its gonna be her and pierce isnt it

Pleasantly surprised

Same voice pain?
Skyrim.

Its cringe but I used to recognise voice actors solely on if i heard them in skyrim or not

Like Xalatath.

First time I took note of who Laura Bailey was.

Also as I have said already.

I am already fed up of Xal’atath’s smirking face eveywhere.

Go away.

3 Likes

It took me to last year to realise Maven Blackbriar was Tyrande

2 Likes

P a r d o n

1 Like

Moira is voiced by the same VA as Horizon in Apex Legends, I’m quite confident

1 Like