Pet peeves: The return (Part 8)

friend of mine finished ARR, he just went through the bloody banquet.

poker facing like my life depends on it rn because hes guessing too many plot beats for the future accurately

he is in distress thinking nanamo died. this is heartbreaking.

4 Likes

papalymo : (

1 Like

I will stan my short king to the bitter end. He was the smart scion alongside Urianger I actually liked :sob:
addendum: moenbryda is a wound too raw for me to even achknowledge

1 Like

Just remind him that it only gets worse from there on out with a :slight_smile:

In other news, I just learnt that you can apparently get a puppy Torgal icon banner on Discord for playing FF16 for 15 minutes and as a solid number one Torgal stan I have to make it my sole duty.

1 Like

He loves Haucherfaunt hes already made it worse for himself

1 Like

Oh heā€™s going to have the worst time of his life.

As his friend I want to be there for him.

As someone whose gone through it however this will be more accurate
After you help a new sprout beat ā€œThe Vaultā€ | FFXIV Animated (youtube.com)

1 Like

I love queueing into that dungeon with a new friend and going ā€œenjoy the cutscene! :)ā€ afterwards. Itā€™s the little thing in life (i also cried at the said cutscene when i first saw it)

2 Likes

Its so wholesome watching them go through a rite of passage :hugs: (I ugly cried in VC. it was horrendous.)

1 Like

Iā€™m more prone to ugly crying when I hear Footsteps in the Snow.

When the cat is in the only little space you have to set up your new coffee table/cat tree.

EDIT: I nearly just said; ā€œLeo, youā€™re in my way.ā€

Heā€™s not a Leo, heā€™s a Typhon.

Honk if Maleniaā€™s dead.

4 Likes

:clown_face:

To be fair, I think Malenia is the final hurdle in the base game.
The other bosses, while (some) arenā€™t pushovers, they also much more readily obey the Trinity laws of boss design, and so tend not to feel as cheaty. At least IMO.

DLC, though? Oh brotherā€¦

I am definitely taking a long break before attempting to do the DLC. I just donā€™t have it in me right now and I want to try and finish Star Wars Outlaws before Dragon Age drops.

Iā€™m also tempted to do a new run of the base game as a different playstyle that requires more skill than hiding behind my shield. Thinking samurai style.

Anyway Iā€™m for some reason in Crumbling Farum Azula and I have no idea how I got here or what it is. Also I thought we were just burning the door down to the Erdtree to get inside but I get the feeling my maiden is going to burn the entire tree? Seems excessive and unnecessary.

1 Like

42 days :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not explained well (shocker) and I donā€™t think the explicit reason for the teleportation is ever given.

Summary

Two explanations Iā€™ve seen are that the Greater Will shunts you there as punishment for burning the tree. Farum Azula is kind of a place outside of time, so it could be viewed as a prison. The Greater Will sent you to jail.

The other is that Marika does it because she wants you to beat the boss at the end of it to get their rune for reasons that will potentially become clear later. Itā€™s basically just an extension of being ā€˜guided by Graceā€™, except rather more directly than before, because the stakes are rising.

The latter explanation feels more appropriate, but the former works if youā€™re on the Frenzied Flame run too.

4 Likes

why am i getting the blame for what my maiden is doing

chat is this real, i literally have no idea who i am or what iā€™m doing in this world please

It is very real, now go beat up the funny people living in the time lost lands. Did you finish Gurranqā€™s quest btw?

is he the one that wants lots of deathroot

Yes, the hungry puppy.