Phase 2 dates?

When do the bg’s warsong and alterac come out? I can’t find anything online about actual release dates. Only things that people say is they come out in 1 or 2 or 3 months. Really would like to know how long the wait is for.

phase 2 introduces ranking system
phase 3 introduces BG

no clear dates were given yet

2 Likes

Did blizz give us a roadmap?

Nobody knows, the only official information we have is that they are aiming to release phase 2 in december. There are no dates or a roadmap for the other phases set.

Wildy speculating:
Phase 3 will at minimum be released 2 months after phase 2 was launched but I would expect it to be longer. So expect bgs in march or later next year.

We’ll see BGs in about 6 months.

yea they did

I’d rather have a longer P1 where they try to remove layering fully so that P2 is clean. And they said in an interview that they intend on doing this, but just saying that it might make P1 longer and I’m quite okay with that. At least people will have plenty of time with alts.

2 Likes

Logic dictates that we will probably get it at the end of october / early november, as DM released quite quickly after the game launches.

They probably have a plan to make sure all servers are layerless around that point too.

1 Like

Where do you have the P2 in December information from?

That would suck big time.

Seriously, 6 months until the bg’s come out in phase 3? Wow…

No dates announced so it is all just speculation. Personally I am having a hard time imagining phase 2 happening anytime soon.

The big PvP servers are still seeing huge queues at prime time and it doesn’t even have to be a weekend. Removing layering in this situation seems practically impossible. Because you can’t lower the player cap without quadrupling the queue problem and you can’t stuff some 15k players on a single layer and expect anyone to have fun.

1 Like

All they have said is they won’t release slower than they did in Vanilla. I would not expect BGs until next year.

Honor system might be put in late this year. Gorilla in the room right now is how Blizzard will deal with the fact that Layering must be gone before Phase 2 while nearly all Realms are massively overpopulated.

Agreed, but perhaps I’d shift the date to End of December for Phase 2.

It doesn’t matter at all that people have cleared raids already, getting a set will take another month or two if you’re not in a loot council guild and only then you’ll be able to count those people on one hand for each server.

Phase 1 should be the longest imo, 3+ months, more around 4-5 given the queue times as Trajan points out.

1 Like

Basically everyone (almost) will run around in full T1 by the time the ranking system, let alone BG’s is a thing.

Phase 2 should come in October at the latest. December is way-way too late.

1 Like

They initially stated roughly 3 months per phase when they first announced it

1 Like

Everyone :thinking:.

I’d wager it’ll be a small minority who are in full T1 before ranking system and even BG’s.

1 Like

I beg to differ.

Only streamers (livelihood) or the welfare clients will be in this state come October.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about October.

I’m talking about if P2 won’t launch until end of December.

I’m playing on a pretty laid back server, APES had cleared MC well before we even got our server first 60 - and despite this, a majority of MC got PuG:ed this week.

I like MC, but if P2 is more than 3 months away, then yeah, a very large portion of the playerbase will run around in full or nearly-full T1.

And BWL isn’t even coming out until P3…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.