Phase 3 is nerf'd?

So i heard someone saying in General chat that phase 3 will be released in a nerfed state… i mean is it nerfed like SSC and TK is atm? or what?

please respond.

2 Likes

only a couple things will be “post nerf”, like mother shazrah not having an adaptive magical shield, and some minor stuff on archi

What people call “nerfed P3” is basically exactly the same as “unnerfed P3”, except with a couple changes to Mother Shahraz and a couple bug fixes to Archimonde. That’s it. Same HP values, same skills and abilities and numbers for every other boss, and so on and so forth.

In short, nothing like the change between unnerfed T5 and nerfed T5, or even unnerfed T4 and nerfed T4. Not even close. Mind you, it will still feel a heck of a lot easier than unnerfed T5, but it always was. Even “unnerfed” T6 raids were a lot easier than unnerfed T5, and that’s part of the reason why Blizz (both back then and now) nerfed T5 raids extensively upon releasing T6 - otherwise basically nobody would’ve done T5 raids anymore after attuning, and attuning people to begin with would’ve been a nightmare as who would want to do those raids when T6 raids are (1) easier and (2) drop better loot?

3 Likes

This^
People will call bug fixes nerfs.
I’m sure there was a blue post somewhere addresing this issue with mt and bt “nerfs” and it was explained why some bosses will come in their bug free state

BT and Hyjal didn’t really have any nerfs done to them, except for the very few changes done that will be included right from the start.

1 Like

Biggest nerf to TBC content is 2022 player skill level. Some average dadgamer far better than guys from Nihilum.

4 Likes

Absolutely. Yes.

There is some nerfs to Shazzrah but nothing too special, this already wasn’t the hardest boss back in the day.
Of influency is the nerf to the HP of Entropius which is the 2nd form of M’uru, it is a burn down fight where healers go OOM quickly and average raid HP drops even if they don’t.

He hadnt been killed on many servers than the HP nerf came and many servers immediately had 3-4 guilds achieving a first skill.

So it is important and he will immediately be in the nerfed state. The Archimonde nerfs are not so important, just so you don’t die randomly and have to start again which is a bad mechanic anyway.

So all in all the nerfs really arent so important, just a few bosses and the rest will be somewhat authentic.

Which isn’t a boss in P3 anyway since M’uru is a SWP boss and Blizzard already said that they will give us a pre-nerf version of it before nerfing him so… what’s the point here?

No, no he won’t be because he won’t be there at all, and when he will be, he will be in its pre-nerf state (save for the pushback on dark beams since that’s just BS).

M’uru is super easy mechanic wise, also we’re doing more dps in T5 gear than guys in Full T6 progressing in SWP. Boss gonna be a joke.

Ok. Good points.

How do you know what the DPS back then was?

1927 DPS, for a Retradin back then, was even considered great. For comparison, nowadays, pink parses for Retradins on Morogrim are around 2100 DPS. And this is just one class/spec, you can surely find other similar comparisons.

Mind you, the average blue-parsing retradin on Morogrim is still doing around 1.5k DPS I believe, but considering we still don’t even have the massive upgrades from T6 gear etc. that’s already saying something.

2 Likes

Players were just bad back then

But how then? With most classes in essence being as simple as main controlling 2 buttons and having a few abilities that adds some nuance (maybe a 5% difference between a good and a bad player?) how can the difference then be very big.

What did you expect players to do back then? Not cast their spells? As a collective have an IQ below 100?

I would take it that as a group a guild nowadays could yank out some 4-5% more DPS, which is already an awful lot considering how very easy most classes are and, that the main carriers of DPS are the simplest of them all: arcane mages and destro warlocks.

1 Like

People failed at rotation, people failed with movement, on some clips people litteraly staying AFK for seconds before pressing buttons etc. They just played very poorly.

just open Nihilum vs Illidan world first and see for yourself, everything is bad, like rogues toping DPS charts on Illidan.

1 Like

I mean, raid leader at some point actually writes raid warnings for tactics during fight. That would be almost unthinkable nowadays. I don’t think modern raiding as we intend it was born until, like, WotLK - if you watch, say, Paragon vs LK 25hc, you don’t rly see the kind of weird stuff that you still see in TBC videos.

Yes, exactly like this. Illidan no longer has mindcontrol, and Archimonde’s advisors HP is very low.

You must also calculate in the hardware.
Today an average pc is capable of easy 60 fps with sub 50 latency.
Back then you had people playing on machines sometime nearing 30fps and most likely 15 in effect heavy encounters. There was a lot of console macros to make graphic settings even lower then ingame setting allowed to get playable fps. You can try to limit fps intake and see how your performance drops with 15 fps (it really does). Internet in 2008 is also a big factor, 256 kbit DSL or even 128 ISDN was common, you would get 100 ping and rarely go lower.

Also people wheren’t as organized as they are today. We where using some voice chat as i remember, i forgot the name of the program tho, but not everyone was on it or had mic/headphones.

We didnt spend hours on discords discusing tactics, assignements, roles, at what second to pre-pot, when to use a specific item for max buff efficiency, what was considered min-maxing then its a joke even by today’s casual raiding guilds that plan to clear all content at least. You can even check how many potion and at what time ppls used during a fight, it’s crazy.

We did individual research on bosses and there wasn’t much material online after that the reaid leader would explain the tactics to everyone. It’s like someone explaining a movie to you and then having to re-shoot it from what you understood from that explanation.

Today progressive raiding is all about coordination and execution, everyone knows the mechanics you just need to get the timing right. Back then you had to also learn the mechanics.

1 Like