Picking between Saurfang or Sylvanas makes me want to kill myself

Here i am, I’m sitting on the cliff ledge in Redridge, thinking, how did everything went so wrong. I don’t know what to do next… What choise do i have? Join forces with cartoonish maniac who does ridiculous evil things just for the sake of being evil. Or kneel before Alliance king, in hopes that he will save us from the said maniac.

I don’t want either…

I just want to die.

1 Like

Welcome to the Horde.
Enjoy morally gray.
Patience. It will end eventually.
Pick the Horde philosophy you support and that’s it.
It doesn’t matter anyway.

That’s the problem. I don’t support genocide for lulz, and i don’t support taking a knee before enemy.

2 Likes

Do you want a toy?

3 Likes

The Horde has been through this since the start of the expansion. Just pick your poison, drink it with pride or shame it doesn’t matter. Don’t take it personal.

It’s a call you have to make. Others might influence your pick but you decide in the end.

I picked Saurfang for the toy.

But officially, I’m vacationing somewhere waiting for it to blow over.

If you choose Saurfang it gets worse, as once you reach the swamp, even Lyana’s demands seem reasonable (which doesn’t make much sense given the scenario is to make you feel right about opposing Sylvanas).
And Saurfang just seems to put his hands over his ears and go like “Lalalalallalala…honour…lalalalalala…i’m right you are not…lalalalala…”.

And then kills them all. For honour you know…

3 Likes

I think you should tone down the suicide mentions. If you are being serious, this is not the place to talk about that, and if you are joking, you are being insensitive.

5 Likes

jump off the cliff

1 Like

Congratulations, you just chose to follow Sylvanas without question! And with a nice undead upgrade as well.

Just think of who you dislike more. For me it wasn’t a big issue to begin with fortunately.

Yet devs should’ve kept the third option to move to the resort in Feralas if players didn’t want either option, and this one would be the best protest for those that aren’t content with story.

3 Likes

Here’s the lesson that also might help in real life - never pick a traitor. If it betrayed someone else - it will betray you aswell.

1 Like

So…don’t pick Sylvanas?

3 Likes

She betrayed the ideals of the Horde. Who else he would mean, Saurfang? No, this guy life for the Horde.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Horde, the faction being kicked around by Blizzard for 15years.

Remember when we were the saviours of Azeroth, at the end of the Third War? Yeah…those were good days. Now we’re just whatever Blizzard needs us to be so the Alliance can look good.

Don’t worry, I have hope that Saurfang is going to try and find Thrall, and that Thrall will look at him and simply dismisses him, so Saurfang kills himself; meanwhile Sylvana is going to trip and hit her head, causing the evil voices out of her head and she’ll sacrifice her life killing N’zoth…and at the end of the day, Thrall will be back as leader of the Horde…and we’ll be back to the good old days, pretending that nothing happened in this last 15years…

There is no genocide for lulz.
Didn’t you listen to Sylvanas? If you don’t genocide the whole Alliance, Anduin might be doing something in the future perhaps, maybe.

3 Likes

I’m still under the impression that actually what bothers her is Anduin’s youth and lack of knowledge, leading to other leaders, like Genn, to manipulate him to do something, or doing things on their own.
And with the apparently lack of consequences for what he did to Stormheim (no matter the outcome, it was still a mission to assassinate the Warchief), I can understand her reasoning.

Mind you I also understand Genn’s reasoning.

Well if we want to play the traitor game, every horde leader betrayed Garrosh, so they’re all untrustworthy.
But that’s me, really.

Not anymore, no he doesn’t. He left. He refused to come back during the Stockades incident. He had to be requested by the Alliance leader to do something to act.
He’s no Horde by his actions, no matter how his deluded mind thinks the contrary.

This may be biased coming from a long-time Blood Elf player, but I actually started this expansion out hating Sylvanas. However, after reading into Sylvanas’ lore and hearing the reasons behind her actions, I’ve got to admit that my doubts are disappearing. She may be flawed, she may have made mistakes, but this is still someone who gave her life for the survival of her people, was raised as a banshee, broke free, and now wants to ensure that her people are never mistreated or hunted ever again (despite her people now being the Forsaken rather than the Sin’Dorei).

Spoiler ahead

Admittedly, I also like Saurfang’s idea of the honourable Horde, but I really don’t think he goes about this the right way. If you chose to side with Saurfang, you will witness how he gladly massacres footsoldiers of the Horde for following Sylvanas’ orders, despite Lyana clearly telling him that he wasn’t to be killed, but rather brought in to answer for his actions.

Finally, I like how we finally get to make a decision in this on our own, but I am afraid it was too little too late, and will shortly be made void by the canonical storyline.

Saurfang was the one that started the war. His only reason to oppose Sylvanas is her ways of making war, not her motivations, which they both share.
In the cinematic I saw no negotiations involving the end of the war.

That is the problem. You see her still in the past but this Sylvanas is already death. Lord Illidan wouldn’t be proud of you!