Place ya bets on alpaca mount

The mounts been datamined and up to see on wowhead. Place ya bets now…

1. Faction mount - hordes version of the bee mount. Grind rep/quests with vulpera

2. Cash shop - blatant money grab

I hope cash shop, instant buy

2 Likes

Cash shop, why not making money from something? Giving it for free? sub is too cheap to cover alpaca mounts.

I’m thinking horde will get a mount exclusive to them like the bee, not sure it will be the alpacca, but maybe. They just know we would throw all our money at them if it was in the shop :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hoping it’s a reward in game of some kind.

If they put them on the vulpera rep vendor for like 300K+ gold i’m gonna lose it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It won’t be a cash shop mount. It’s not a flying mount and mounts datamined from patches rarely if ever have gone on the store.

It’ll more than likely be yet another Horde exclusive (to obtain) mount obtainable through quests in Vol’dun.

Maybe it will be truly Horde exclusive mount that only we can use, like the Bee is to the Alliance.

1 Like

Fine by me and it would fit their lore.

I hope it’s something fun to do, that’s all that matters.

I had fun getting my Bee mount, people chatting and helping each other in general chat. Was good to see.

The fact that there’s three colour variants makes me think it won’t be a special quest (e.g. like the bee mount). I really hope they aren’t for sale at similar prices to the frog mounts. I don’t have that much gold :sob:

Edit: meant to say hope they aren’t at that price!

Really hoping theres a fun quest chain to it as well. No interest in vulpera or getting it, but really hate cash grabs in a sub based game. And lets face it, it blatatently should of been there faction mount. Only reason it’s not is for some sort of cash.

Either a meaty quest chain to extend subs, which is brilliant. A 500k mount (or what ever amount) to push sub tokens, which is lame. Or cash shop item to just screw over customers.

At 333k gold each if I recall right, very steep.

If it’s just like the frog mounts with a high price tag I’ll be sad. I still haven’t got any of those as they are so expensive and I am a rubbish gold farmer (I don’t do any).

3 Likes

It is going to be 0.2% drop from a rare with 6h spawn timer.

Do we even know if it’s actually a mount? There’s speculation that it could just a NPC of some sort.
If it were to be a mount, I doubt we’d have to worry about it being in the cash shop because it’s not flashy enough.
Perhaps another mount to buy in Vol’dun with exalted, or raise a baby alpaca up to be a mount (CUTE).
Oh, the other thought I had was that it was originally the mount for Vulpera until they changed it to hyena for some stupid reason.

1 Like

Seriously, if there’s an “adopt an alpaca” event where you pick which colour baby you want (kinda like the flying serpents) and then raise it, that would be ace!

Weirdly, my aunt and uncle actually have a bunch of alpacas irl. The babies are super cute!

omfg I just googled baby alpacas. Well, there goes my entire afternoon. My day is fully booked now.

1 Like

3 colors on the ptr so i bet 1 alliance 2 horde or 1 alliance 1 horde 1 for both