Play US servers from EU account

This question has probably been asked before but I can’t seem to find a sure answer that perfectly applies to what I need to know.

I have an EU battle net account and I have always played WoW on EU servers. Now I would like to play with my Canadian friends. Is there any way for me to do this with my current account or will I need to create a new one where I say that I live in Canada? (I did try this but got the error that my email address is already connected to an account.)
Does this mean that if I manage to buy the US version of the game I can use this account and play the US servers, or will it see that my account is a European one and redirect me to everything EU even if I try to buy the US version of the game?

I bought the game, the US version I thought, but ended up on the EU servers anyway. Luckily and thankfully I got my money back but I am scared to try again in case I mess up again.

2 Likes

Let’s see if I can clear things up for you. :slight_smile:

Yes. All you have to do is register a new World of Warcraft account for the region that you want to play in. You can do that on your current Blizzard account (Battle.net account), as it can hold up to 8 different World of Warcraft accounts (licenses).

You can add a starter account for your region of choice here: https://account.blizzard.com/games (scroll down to the Starter Editions section, and select the region after clicking on Create Starter Account).

If you want to upgrade (add the current expansion) or add gametime, you can do so through the US region shop.

Have a few seconds to spare? Let me know how I’m doing!

5 Likes

Thank you SO MUCH! :heart_eyes:
Very clear and helpful instructions, now I managed to get it right. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i got a followup question, is it possible to use my blizzard currency on my eu account to pay for a us sub? or does that depend on what country i’m from

You can indeed not pay for a different region’s currency depending on what country your account is registered at with €uro Balance for U$D Blizzard shop items https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/25904

However, you may be able to use a different payment method instead. Though extra charges may apply such as conversion rates and fees.

Thank you SO much!! I’ve been trying to find a solution for this for about 2 hours, and yours was the first answer that was actually relevant! I’m an American temporarily living in Europe but I want to play on NA servers and hadn’t activated any subs and don’t need any character transfers - hard to find the answer apparently lol

:heart:

You expect us to pay double for everything just to play with American players? xDDD

17 Likes

It has always been the case to pay for every extra (active) game license you wanted to own, whether on EU or Americas.

Yeah that sucks a

6 Likes

Hey guys! please help!
im trying to play warzone in EU region, but it asks me to add phone number in order to play. When i try to do so, it gives me the region code +1 , where my region is +31 and i cannot change that. please help

+1 is the US code. On the launcher there is an option to change regions. Use that.

I am aware that you can make a US account via your current battle.net account, but when I change the region and log into the game on my US account, you get a clean battle.tag (which is fine), but the problem is that the battle.tag doesn’t work in-game, but only via the launcher. How do I fix this?

Not sure why you are posting here, this seem to be an error not connected to warcraft, try posting in the general Blizzard forums.

Hello. Yesterday I gifted 1 month subscription to my friend, but unfortunately instead of EU I bought the US version. Is it possible to switch it to EU? Thanks for help.

Hijacking someone elses thread is frowned upon. Always make your own thread.

However, you will need to make a ticket as they can’t deal with account or payment issues via the forums.

They will refund you so you can buy the right one. Didn’t it being in Dollars give it away?

Hello! Is it possible to migrate a character from a Eu server to an Us server (classic)
ty

There is no possibility to move whatsoever between regions.

2 Likes

is there a way to remove old Wow accounts

For Starter Edition accounts that has never had gametime or expansion upgrades you can remove them easily through this link: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/181/878/solution

1 Like