Players who do not pay for the current expansion are unable to communicate with other players over level sixty in Say, Yell and Emote channels

Most likely a spam prevention measure. To stop spam bots communicating with players.

Sorry it if that prevents you from doing “RP”. But ultimately I would prefer a game free of unwanted spam.

1 Like

I’m unsure its really a spam prevention method, most people who advertise on low level chars will do it anyway on an account which already owns at minimum Dragonflight, if I had to go off the experience of getting a inside look on how boosting works atleast.

This better be a bug or an oversight on code.

4 Likes

So a spam bot needs to buy a sub and a copy of the game to spam.

That sounds like a good prevention system. The spam would be far worse if it wasn’t there.

1 Like

This does not stop people who buy and subscribe only to spam or engage in RMT because they typically use fraudulently obtained credit card information to get the game and then spam or sell to their heart’s content until the fraud is discovered and the purchases are charged back.

What’s more likely is that this is a bug that was introduced with Pandaria: Remix as they presumably had to poke and twist the code around a bunch to allow people to level to 70 in that mode even if they don’t own Dragonflight. I have made a bug report about this chat issue. Hopefully it’s unintended.

4 Likes

Rp is a small closed corner of this game, i bet it never even crossed their minds how this would effect it.

2 Likes
7 Likes

I stopped reading right there.

PS. bumping your own thread with bunch of alts is always funny

2 Likes

Undead rogue poster moment.

Imagine the smell :nauseated_face:

9 Likes

Literally the Classic of: "I play WoW for X and Y and anyone who pays to play it differently is enter degratory slurs/“funny” comments
Got to love kids with Internet, my only wish was for any shred of creativity… But thankfully us Roleplayers are quite owning that aspect :person_with_crown:

Thank you Blizz with another W of communicating about this bug :+1: and for keeping the scammy debauchery at a level down

4 Likes

I’m afraid your attempt to farm likes was a failure. Please reconsider your way of thought.

5 Likes

lol AD has found the General Discussion forum xD

Isn’t this to limit the impact of spambots?

I’m all for limiting the reach of spambots but… what spambots? Literally they have not been bothering me for close to a year at this point. They have actually finally managed to handle this. What is the need to go further?

EDIT: Ah good, it is a bug.

I’m guessing they’re fiddling with expansion pack pricing (such as making DF free) at the backend and accidentally marked non-DF accounts as being trial accounts.

1 Like

Shock horror, the EU forums are open to everyone on EU servers.

God forbid someone from a RP server bring up a genuine concern that affects a LOT of people.

9 Likes

Knowing her, she’s not mad about you being here at all. She just finds it amusing. :slight_smile:

Not sure why, but that’s all it is.

2 Likes

For those of you who missed the link further up the thread - it’s not intentional and they will share further news in the thread when they have it - Some people cannot see /s, /e and /y messages

4 Likes

i know right! oh the humanity!

i do find it amusing though xD

I was about to lose my MARBLES until I saw the GM post :grimacing:

3 Likes

AD gamers win again, onto the next one :saluting_face:

2 Likes

Blizzard has been farming marbles all around the block with these past bugs.
Something about :spaghetti: code.