Playing battlegrounds as a casual

playing battlegrounds or any sort of pvp is impossible as a casual player please scale item lvls atleast or assign gear upon entering a battleground its no fun when other players can kill you in seconds and you don’t even scratch them because they spend 18 hours a day on the game battlegrounds should be based upon skill not spending 18 hours a day playing or buying a boost

6 Likes

if anyone does that please point them to the nearest mental clinic, thank you.

Anyway, while i do agree that gear difference is incredibly unfair in pvp, people who got that gear got them from rated pvp so get your facts straight please (: You can do rated pvp casually just like I did in bfa.

i mean even people who just have gear from doing mythics you try to fight somebody in 270 gear when your a fresh 180 and you will know what i mean

1 Like

I’m somebody who plays casually and most of my content will be world content and old world content mixed in with some newer content. One thing I enjoy has been PvP. I’ve leveled up a warrior through battlegrounds and when I was level 60 I had enough honor to buy a complete 229 ilvl armor set, accessories and weapons. (Those scale to ilvl 265 in BG’s). Covenant is level 80 too (for the stamina buffs).

They recently did a level and stat squish, so I would’ve assumed they were going with the old design and not let things get out of hand too fast. Start of this expansion in Castle Nathria, I recall people having around 25-30k health, Mythic raiders had around 40k health. That’s already a gigantic, unneccesary gap in health and stats to begin with. But now towards the end of the expansion I see people running around with 100k, 120k health.

Personally as a warrior in battlegrounds, I’ll have 58k health with that PvP set on. And I’m facing people with double the health as me who wear cloth armor.

I totally get that the more amount of time you spend doing an activity you should absolutely be rewarded for it. I do not believe that the gap of stats should be this huge neccesarily. As far as I recall, the stat gaps between Classic, TBC and Wrath were not huge in the slightest. In Wrath during ICC, people had between 30-35k hp. In TBC I recall the maximum HP I’ve seen people with were around 15-25k.

I don’t think this benefits the health of the game and it’s my hope that in Dragonflight they will take this into account.

3 Likes

The gap is insane indeed though. Like, they’re squishing us over and over yet we jump 150 item levels within the expansion.

So far we’re already 100 item levels higher than we were in season 3. The gap’s staying gigantic I’m afraid :frowning:

Yeah, i getcha. Battlegrounds should be the fair casual mode for everyone to enjoy, not a stomping ground for geared people. Pvp overall should be that too.
That being said you can help yourself by not playing with 180 gear, having 229 gear makes you able to fight back against…most people anyway. It feels miserable but they certainly don’t seem to care

Fighting somebody with 229 gear is still a painful affair. If you have a good group, it’s do-able for sure. But usually people are more likely to target the person with the lowest health and they’ll just stomp you down.

Full 229 gear still equals around 55-65k health and the majority of players right now in battlegrounds avarage from 75k to 100k health. You’ll have to do so much more output damage on them… but sadly it means that if you have lower health your other stats are lower too and you won’t do as much damage to them either.

1 Like

my item lvl is 240 i was giving a example i still get stomped some people i didnt even scratch them

1 Like

Yep, i know.

My first and last experience with pvp before battle for azeroth was in wrath where I got stomped on because of gear, so I can relate.

I don’t see it changing though, we have 390ish gear in 10.0 at mythic level far as i remember? So the gap is as big as usual. So the way stuff seems like is you either deal with it and gear or leave :frowning_face: That being said conquest gear apparently starts at capped ilvl but you still need to farm that out (why?)

I’m looking forward to DF. I’ll just be crafting and I’ll never touch PvP again. I might make a twink, leveling in battlegrounds was a blast.

I think the PvP experience in Legion (where gear didn’t really matter) was a good thing either though. The PvP vendor is certainly a good thing in my opinion. I just believe that the stat and item level gap should be way way smaller.

I recall the days where if you were good at your class and if you were under geared, you could still win a fight. But now, even if the other person sucks at their class they’ll still outdamage you or have 30k more health than you so they will win from you.

1 Like

That’s my plan too! Hope you enjoy :blush:

1 Like

i thinkg df will be just as bad the fact is blizzard make more money when playerd are forced to buy tokens to buy boosts all they care about is money

1 Like

Tell me this. Do you find buying tokens and boosts to be worth your time and money? I don’t. Never will

Gear does make a huge difference, I remember getting one-shot by a Hunter when I got this toon to 60 a month or so ago.

My advice would be to gear up in Epic BGs, where you impact the game a lot less, so being undergeared no longer means that 1 out of 10 on your team will be dead weight in every BG you join until you gear up. And you can also do stuff like pilot vehicles/cannons in them, and your gear is irrelevant for that.

3 Likes

Just que arena with a random and get to 1.6 rating. I mean i get that the gear difference is unfair and too much atm. But every casual can get 1.6 and thats more than enough to be a threat in random bgs.

ive never bought a boost before. i boguht a token since making money impossible for a casual unless you have a army of alts i just wish there was a game mode with no item lvl just skill based and pvp would thrive

1 Like

Thanks, that suggestion is actually helping.

1 Like

They should normalise each classes’ stats in unrated content whilst setting people to a minimum ilvl, like those templates we had back in Legion, but then keep the gearing system for rated and open world PvP content.

I’ve been trying to gear my warrior today via PvP, it’s not like he’s a freshly dinged (255ilvl PvE gear) or anything and I’ve got to say battlegrounds and solo shuffle have been an absolute chore.

People in full gear have like 30-40% extra hp and a big chunk of vers over me, I can’t imagine how much it sucks as a fresh 60.

I remember in Legion when my Pally hit level cap, I instantly went into battlegrounds, I was running around in greens and blues but still having an actual impact on the match, instead of being a burden.

I really enjoyed it, unlike now, where a freshly capped toon will just get kerbstomped into the ground while their damage barely tickles geared players.

we can only wish its actual more profitable to make us grind for blizzard so i doubt they will care tbh all they care about is money

I only got the full 1400 set on this char last season but dont feel too inferiour atm, Think theres only 10 ilvls between me and the elite 2400 chads but i do agree with you for new characters/alts. Stepping into BGs with like 40k hp is miserable

1 Like

Spending 3 weeks grinding for my PVP gear and in the end, the gear doesn’t even matter. I still die like I’m 40K HP.