Playing hard casters is not fun anymore

I used to love managing my movement but now it’s insane on some bosses. Devs seem to have completely forgotten that not all ranged are “ranged melee” with little hardcasting.

Playing demo has made it very clear that devs don’t take ranged immobile specs into consideration. My CD needs ~10 sec of hard casting just to set up my imps and shards. Then I need to hard cast into the CD as well. Destro doesn’t fare much better at all. It was fun to manage movement, but now there is no room to manage anymore.

This was a bit better in Legion. I played arcane mage then and most fights had a window you had to figure out to place that rune of power. Still, there were some fights where that window did not exist at all; some fights had no 13 seconds where you can place your RoP and use AP, it just didn’t exist and you had to rely on luck while just avoiding the abilities that are guaranteed to hit you.

Overall, the ranged dps experience is slowly becoming a “ranged” melee experience. Movement management is not a thing anymore, as there is too much movement to manage; you just need to play a mobile ranged class or go home. Gonna have to switch to aff now. Say goodbye to class diversity and congrats on making every aspect of this game worse.

34 Likes

get good simple as that.
You are literally complaining you can not improve and play better you sum it up pretty well.

and btw meele>ranged in terms of difficulty

You can stay in africa avoid xyz aoe xyz cleaves charges etc frontal attack and keep dpsing guess too much for you perhaps BEAST master hunter is class for you if you can not improve.

4 Likes

Class diversity was the problem, not the other way around. To not make demo just like every other caster they had to make something completely different.

Also don’t say bullcrap cause I main demo and been good with it on pretty much all fights on heroic. The one and only problem with demo is stupid asss demonic consumption talent.

Also git gud.

Don’t kid yourself.

7 Likes

Ranged player got … ey since everyone can see if someoone goes from ranged to meele and no one can see from meele to ranged.
How they move differently meele player main has “more skill in looking/avoiding things” and min maxing movement/gcd more than any ranged dps ever had.
Things going to you stays on range = more time to avoid etc play meele and you will see i can post from my rangeds if you do not believe i play all type dps/heal/tank meele/ranged.

3 Likes

Demo is just a DoT spec with a middle man of summoning (via hard casting) and waiting for the demon AI to kick in (the demons being the awkward version of a DoT).

Its tuned better than Affliction right now, but the moment they’re equal I’ll never touch Demo.

JuST geT GoOd MeLLes haRDer BtW

I hate that meme, but its pretty perfect for you.

Melee is harder? First of all its fight dependent, and in my experience I find ranged usually has the “individual” role to play and melee usually clumps as a group.

You’re just trying to reassure yourself that youre better than most ranged players because you likely prefer melee.

Your comments arent even really related to the OPs point, its that the idea of “casters” has evolved into something where a true caster struggles a ton, in PVE and PVP.

For example mages, as someone who had mained one for like 7 years, I can tell you that we went from casting a good amount to pretty much mostly having Instant cast spell, and I think thats a big design flaw.

8 Likes

i do not know meme.
sure you did any m+ from what have you wrote.
And not me everyone meele player is better than rangeds.
Ye i saw that in m+ and raiding dominated by casters same in pvp or you deny facts ?BoD,Uldir,CoS ranged favouritism same m+ and pvp have you seen AWC or do you know what it is even?

And i play frost mage and it is fun for me!
I play shadow/disco/holy disco got too much nerf on dps output perhaps essence will fix it.
Then i play healers except shaman if you are bad as most of alliance you blame XYZ should have listen to mechagnome prince Erazmin isnt it ADAPT IMPROVE OVERCOME ??
Perhaps for you it is GIVE UP WHINE and CRY each of their own.

Warcraft logs and pve/pvp kills etc facts are saying you are both wrong.

2 Likes

You just need to learn to pre-move and plan for your casts. That’s what seperates the wheat from the chaff.

2 Likes

Its a dumb spongebob meme, but its unrelated.

Uh huh. Of course.

You’re contradicting yourself. You can’t say melee players are better and then say the high end content is dominated by ranged players.

What facts? You can’t just say the elusive facts you think know inside your head prove me wrong. You actually have to provide a source or at least explain the breakdown of the information and where youve gathered your intel from not just say “look logs will prove”.

Healers are irrelevant to a ranged vs melee discussion too,s o I’m not sure why you’re bringing that up.

3 Likes

I do not it is true just becasue X fight favours ranged does not mean ranged players can not play meele and vice versa and i talk about classes in what you meant which is clearly dominated by rangeds .

You would know about what i am talking about if you have ever step foot in any raid recent is CoS will see how it will be in Eternal palace these are facts if you did not noticed heavily dominated by ranged but you would have to raid to know basics.

Or i have seen 15 retribution paladins in cos and not warlocks/priests??

Just get good there are people having top m+ score playing ranged raid kills playing ranged EVEN warlocks!

Yes you do.
What “melee players” are you claiming are better than ranged players if all the top runs are ranged? Where is your melee player sample pool coming from?

And ranged classes possibly being stronger has nothing to do with what I or OP is even talking about?
Just because melee specs are performing worse doesnt mean the people playing them are playing better. Nor do those other specs effect the performance of Demo lock.

I never said Warlocks arent able to do Mythic+.
But if you want to bring that up, warlocks are the least played class in Mythic+ runs.

1 Like

Experience with people you clearly do not play meele to see how much things is to avoid in m+ for meele compared for rangeds…

It’s fight dependent. You cant say melee always has to deal with more, which I don’t even agree with. Most of the main mechanics that are of actual threat are dealt with by everyone, regardless of melee or ranged.

Every position has its own difficulties. As ranged you are usually used to execute certain mechanics like soaking objectives.

As melee you just… dps most of the time and avoid a mechanic.

The m+ scene got dominated by melee because… rogues. 2x rogues plus a monk to buff them.

Anyway, i agree, making intense mobility fights and them designing long casts… not very fun to play arround with it.

1 Like

Yes demo is doing great at the bottom of the logs. Enjoy being carried.

3 Likes

Not really lol, I am usually in top 5.

Top 5% on all dps classes on warcraftlogs?

Top 5 in my guild when we did heroic this week with 30 ppl. That being said I had around 80-90% of parses for demo locks

(from first boss: 72%, 0% cause i died on 2nd boss lul, 92%, 90%, 83%, 86%).

Judging from your whining you just don’t know how to play this spec correctly and blaming class design for it.

Let me give you a protip: if you have problems with utilizing demonic consumption, you mite as well take sacrificed souls. Sure it deals less damage than DC but does more if you fail to execute tyrant properly.

1 Like

I’m talking about raids. Destro and demo, the one I talked about are licking the bottom on almost every fight on the logs:

Check the stats on top 90% or even 99% on the warcraft logs for new raid.

This is why I’m switching to affliction. Please try to actually figure out what the topic is about before making this a ranged vs melee thing and start talking nonsense about “locks” doing great in raid, the only lock doing great is affliction and that’s whole point of this thread. The 4 bottom specs are 4 hard casters even at 99% logs, so this is not a l2p issue.

Your personal parses dont mean the spec isnt weak. Theres an optimal way to play every spec, but hes not wrong to point out that demo and destro are in a weak spot

1 Like

We didn’t even have enough samples, as raid just went out. So no, it also doesn’t mean it is weak:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/23#aggregate=amount

now if you cut shadow priests and compare Demo to Outlaw (from the bottom to the top)
You will get 27k vs 30k dps. This is just 10% difference.
When you also take into consideration warlock utility and damage mitigation is superior (we all know what happened in CoS raid) it suddenly becomes more interesting than just numbers.

People seems to underestimate survivability a lot. Spec viability is not just dps you know? Also 10% isn’t a big difference, especially when you don’t raid in top50 guilds.

1 Like