Plea for not rushing TBC content

I have no clue and you’re the one who thought Za came before T6? In 2007/8 I was one of the highest parsing Fury Warriors in the world and loving life playing TBC, it’s my favourite version of my favourite game. I know nearly everything there is to know about TBC and play with some of the best players in the world (albiet for just 30minutes per week)

Don’t call me “retail kid” when you’re a damn Final Fantasy furry puppy girl lover. I’ve been playing this game for 15 years, back when “TBC” and “retail” were the same thing. I’m not crying on forums for Blizzard to give me more time so I can fit in my bunny rabbit dressup RP sessions on another MMO.

every retail tourist line

Why is it the casuals who haven’t even played TBC are calling people “retail kids”… What are you trying to say you’re a classic baby? Aka you never played the original expansion, and you’re as clueless as half of you sound when discussing it?

I’m neither a retail kid nor a classic kid, I play World of Warcraft.

1 Like

doesnt change the fact that you are a retail tourist

You saying something doesn’t make it true. Repeating it doesn’t change that, and being obnoxious about it doesn’t make you not obnoxious. If you have something other than trolling/crying and pulling tantrums to say on the topic then by all means go ahead.

Calling me a “retail tourist” is hilarious. Especially since you’re defending the guy who effectively said he doesn’t want Blizz to release T5 so he can play another MMO, does that make him a “furry tourist”? Are you a Furry Tourist too?

1 Like

yes i am but definetly not a retail tourist wannabe classic
what is your classic title…oh wait?
thought so, i ve heard retail is dead and you guys rerolling how does it feel killing one version of the game and rerolling to kill the best version of wow?
i know feelsbadman … dont rush content we did 2 years of classic no boredom full enjoyement and seing blizzard catering to these retail tourists slowly destroying the best version of the game feelsbadman
no rush content go back to where you came from

I levelled 3 Warriors to 60 and some did PvP (Stone Guard on Horde + Master Sergeant on alliance). But I care literally zero about Classic Vanilla, anything you or anyone did in Vanilla is irrelevant in TBC save for the very few useful items that carry over.

Tbc is the best version of of the game, the version I was waiting to play, save for one AQ20 raid on a Priest I didn’t start playing until TBC in 2007. TBC, WOTLK and Legion are the best expansions, zero interest in world buff farming raid-logging vanilla raiding.

If you knew a damn thing about TBC you’d know that T5 should have launched with T4 on day one, if this game was to be remotely accurate. You’d know that Zul’Aman was not released until long AFTER T6 was, you’d know that T6 raids were cleared before the S2 PvP season even began and you’d know that pugs continued to farm T4 and Kara until the week WOTLK launched.

Again with this “Rush” - 5000 guilds had killed Maggy over a month ago, hundreds of thousands of players including pugs. T4 was never meant to stand on its own, it was meant to live alongside T5, thats why it was released at the same time in 2007. If you don’t want to rush it nobody is forcing you, you can clear it next year for all it matters to us.

Casuals who sit around playing final fantasy instead of WoW are not the target audience for raid release schedules.

you have “classic” tbc because of Classic and now retail tourist turning tbc into retail fail.
If you actually played the game you would know that since blizzard decided to cut t5 from release and move it to P2 along side with SEASON 2 ARENA that pea would know that 2 1/2 months of a pvp season where 50% spent farming blues ITS TO SHORT.
Blizzard didnt release the game like it was , so now its stupid to change it back because guilds afk raidlog after 4h week NEWSFLASH even with T5 its going to be the same thing.
PVE MIN/MAXERS

tldr go to retail you have mythic ++++
Since blizzard made the change stop pushing your retail tourist agenda on everybody else

They didn’t release T5 at launch, that doesn’t mean they needed to have 3 damn months of T4 with only 3 bosses and with players literally quitting from boredum. And “pve min/maxers” is nothing new, I’m literally using a modified version of the same dps spreadsheet I used in 2008, to aid with gearing. Min-maxing is nothing new.

Stop pushing your casual agenda on genuine tbc players who just want the game to be even remotely true to its form. We’re now going to enter T5 ridiculously overgeared because instead of having a mix of blues and kara gear, we have damn near full BIS from 3mins content a week.

T5 is a massive content patch, how can you even begin to compare people burning through the 3 25man bosses with 2 giant raids, T4 is only meant to be a stepping stone.
Nobody is forcing you to rush into T5 just because it’s open, nobody did in 2007 either.

“sweaty”

You talk like that and wonder why nobody cares what you have to say… Not even Blizzard

You are the “tourist” that wants changes that weren’t in the original not the people that want content released as it was

TK, SSC and Hijal were available since day 1 of vanilla TBC, it literally makes no sence for those raids to be locked right now.

i always said that blizzard should have 2x type of servers
-a server for casuals! who doesn’t log much, those servers should have delayed content since people in there wants to enjoy slow progression. (obviously old people or busy people will roll on this)
-the other type of servers are for those who play a lot, with fast content release & maybe slightly harder difficulty’s since those people will always have the time & effort for it. (this will be for young people or Neet)

not dividing those people who play 6~15hours a day & those who play 2~4hours a day is just wrong because the rushers will always want more challenges to consume their time & the casuals will want to not be behind.

why do u think i play that shiity game? i quit long time ago.

Classic ‘no u’ response.
Nice

Concept’s good - but I think its more extreme than that. Its more like a divide between people who play 3-4~ hours a day most evenings, and people who play 3 hours a week - or at all - but for some reason still want TBC to remain in its original packaging so maybe they can get into it at some future date.

I mean my activity in those first few weeks starting from the pre-patch was clearly unsustainable, running at about 6~ hours a day. In the pre-patch I got my Blood Elf to level 59 in time for the Dark Portal to open. In the next 2 weeks I worked up to 70 and completed the Kara attunement - and cleared all raid content bar Nightbane and Mag. By the close of week 3 I’d got all the heroic reps, and cleared Kara, Gruul and Mag. By the close of week 4, I’d finished all remaining quests in the open world. At that point, +/- some professions and a bit of grinding, the game was essentially finished bar raid logging. Given just how crowded (and actual MMO-like) this experience was - and how less crowded the game would already now seem to be - I clearly wasn’t alone. Best 6 weeks in WoW in a long long time.

And in fact there’s reasonable evidence for this using things like Warcraftlogs. We can see the steady increase of raid activity up to week 5 - and then a plateau, or even a slight decline in subsequent weeks across most servers. Most people I’d say who were going to raid, have raided at this point. The number of Johnny Come Lately’s who’ve been waiting for August to start their TBC journey is going to be minimal.

Now to some extent people like the original poster can say “average guilds have only been clearing that content for 4-6 weeks, we don’t need new content ASAP”. Fair enough. We can all farm Kara for a bit longer. This will inevitably make SSC/TK “faster”, because we’ll all be in Tier 4 BIS - but fine.

But people are leaving. And if Blizzard were to go “we are going to leave you in this state for another 3 months so the people with level 30 characters they may sometime get round to playing can catch up” there’s going to be a mass exodus. A lot of us may come back when Phase 2 is launched - but there’s no desire to farm the T4 raids for another 12 weeks.

And we know this will happen, because its exactly the same drop off you saw in Classic Vanilla. The game is seasonal tourism. The vast majority of people don’t want to log in every day, grind gold for an hour or two and then log off. They are not skipping through Azeroth thinking that one day they’ll get their level 35 character to level 70 but oh look Netflix. They want to go on the rides, buy the T-shirt and then go home. I know a lot of people hoped Classic wouldn’t have this mentality - but it did, TBC Classic does, and any future WoTLK Classic will as well.

I know at this point we are still attuning people to Karazhan. People still need Cipher of Damnation quests. People still need to finish their crafted gear with tailoring cds.

I appreciate what anecdote Xullumbrosc has, but there are equal anecdotes for the other side of the argument.

Most guilds can’t survive a 25 man roster without catching up their casuals too.

1 Like

That’s because I’ve found the majority are retail players (or worse, Pservers).
Classic was meant to be played as a sandbox, where it’s not about going efficiently from A->B but to mess around with world PvP, exploration, RP, etc.

I agree some people are still doing attunements (although I suspect these are increasingly alts etc) - and this will go double when the SSC/TK attunements become relevant. In part I feel though these are becoming “difficult” precisely because there are fewer people doing them. In those early days the server was awash with people doing things like the Cipher of Damnation. Now I suspect you could be looking for help (at least from randomers also on the quest as against friends) for a long time.

The hope was that WoW Classic would be more like a sandbox, and as with Vanilla lots of people would just sort of be willing to be online, do the odd dungeon, raid or BG, slowly progress through the 240ish hours of levelling to 60 etc.

But this hasn’t been the case. I don’t think though this is about people being “retail players”. Its about being the Netflix generation. When Blizzard release content we binge. And because we binge we finish it quickly. And the problem is that there isn’t a solution to this. “We’ll time gate our game to make it annoying” - okay, but then we’ll whinge, and ultimately go play other games we can binge.

When I look at my time in Ultima Online, I’d say I spent the vast majority of my time idle at a bank chatting with friends. I suspect if you looked at my time in Vanilla+TBC you’d get something similar. At some point though that just went. If I want to chat these days I have forums and discords. If I’m in WoW, I want to be “doing something”. And unfortunately that means content gets done.

2 Likes

It’s not just the lack of content though it’s quite severe, this whole FFXIV thing probably got Blizzard’s jimmies thoroughly rustled. There is absolutely zero hype about WoW, both retail and classic atm and at the same time FF is the big hype game with many big WoW content creators going there instead. Then there’s New World coming on the horizon, another game with a lot of hype although as with all new MMO’s it’s more uncertain whether it’ll actually be successful in the long run.
I can only assume it’s defcon 1 over at Blizzard right now with the customers generally being dissatisfied with the products and looking for greener pastures, and a big scandal breaking at the same time. We’re half way through the third quarter and that earnings report is due shortly and as we all know: the earnings report is the alpha and omega of everything Actiblizzard, where it all starts and ends. They’re in no position to just sit on their butts doing nothing right now, they just recently released a new patch for retail - which was poorly recieved to say the least - so the only card they have to pull at the moment is the next phase of TBC.